This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think PS4 would get rid of the free standard network service we have now?

#11UniversquallPosted 2/17/2013 2:37:04 PM
No they shouldn't. Although they might see people paying for Youtube, Social Media and a system flooded with ads and think about it.
---
After the Fallout
#12j-fielding95Posted 2/17/2013 2:38:18 PM
pixel378 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
I doubt it, but it needs to improve it so it's on par with the 360s.

Its doesn't have like 2 or three insignificant features the 360 does, and ps3 does it all for free.

People act like there more lag or somehow a different playing experience on 360 or something. Its the same damn thing but ours is free and our paid subscirption is 100x better but optional.

PSN is worse than Live for me, that's all I'm saying. If your service is worse than your main rivals then you need to improve it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#13spacejamjordanzPosted 2/17/2013 2:44:44 PM
PSN and Live are about the same for me connectivity wise. Honestly most of the bells and whistles Live has I can actually do without. PSN get's the basic core job done well, and that's what really matters to me. I cringe every time I have to renew my Live subcription, and usually I'm very hesitant.

The fact that I MUST be a gold subscriber to use Netflix and Hulu Plus on the 360 is very annoying. Especially when I can do it on the PS3 for no extra fee. I pay for Live because I want to play my 360 games online that's it. If I had the option not to and still play online.. then silver it is.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#14spacejamjordanzPosted 2/17/2013 2:47:28 PM
Oh and Sony should keep PSN free for the most part. That is one of the PS3's biggest selling points, and that trend would also help the PS4.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#15Devil_wings00Posted 2/17/2013 2:50:23 PM
If they are willing to block used games then It wouldn't surprise me if they started charging for online. That said the service charge for Live is so blown up to the point of absurdity by the PS3 fanboys, it's ridiculous. Do I wish it was free? Yes but considering it's about the cost of a cup of coffee and doughnut a month, I am hardly crying over the price.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#16Viewtiful_JonPosted 2/17/2013 2:50:59 PM
X-Box live is the reason I do not own an X-Box, if PS4 does something simular by charging then I will not be picking it up and just have fewer games next gen. No big deal to me I dont play much and have far to many.
#17LaventorPosted 2/17/2013 2:55:36 PM
If they'd start to charge for PSN as a whole, they'd need to include the PS Vita online in that (and probably PS3 too due technicalities). It'd be somewhat strange if there's a crossbuy title with online on PS4 that's also on Vita, except you need to pay to play online on PS4, while the Vita version'd have free online. I doubt that'd work well.
#18DarkTyrantXPosted 2/17/2013 2:57:21 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
If they are willing to block used games then It wouldn't surprise me if they started charging for online. That said the service charge for Live is so blown up to the point of absurdity by the PS3 fanboys, it's ridiculous. Do I wish it was free? Yes but considering it's about the cost of a cup of coffee and doughnut a month, I am hardly crying over the price.

paying for online is a huge ripoff period though. it's the principal not being "cheap".