This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So... Why all the hate for Kingdom Hearts?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So... Why all the hate for Kingdom Hearts?
3 years ago#91
ExtremeLight posted...
RyuNinjaDog posted...
I only played the first game, but I can tell you that it was a bore fest. Stupid fetch quests, inane, bland story, boring combat, just no redeeming factors at all. It might be ok if you like Disney, and I do, but not in an RPG.

Combat was boring? What does it take to impress you?

Combat in the first game is pretty bad. The gameplay didn't start becoming fluid until KH2.
3 years ago#92
ExtremeLight posted...
anonymous46773 posted...
KH1 was amazing. One of my favorite games of all time. KH2 was fun, but nowhere near as good as the first. Don't give a crap about any of the other games in the series.

You should. One exact is BBS. I really recommend playing it.

358/2 was surprisingly good. it's a lot of busywork, but the story was worth it.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
3 years ago#93
AZNrpgamer posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
RyuNinjaDog posted...
I only played the first game, but I can tell you that it was a bore fest. Stupid fetch quests, inane, bland story, boring combat, just no redeeming factors at all. It might be ok if you like Disney, and I do, but not in an RPG.

Combat was boring? What does it take to impress you?

Combat in the first game is pretty bad. The gameplay didn't start becoming fluid until KH2.

Yea, I can see that. I just played KH1 after a long time. I think the thing is, that KH2 just expanded on stuffs after KH1.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
3 years ago#94
GoatJugSoup posted...
People are just being pissy that they scattered the games across a billion different machines AND they have taken so long to release 3.

This about sums it up. It is pretty hard to follow the story unless you look it up on wikipedia or something, but I'd rather find out by actually playing the games, which you can't really do unless you have a PS2, PSP, a DS, AND a 3DS. I finally said f*** it, and gave up after KH2.
---
Sig.
3 years ago#95
Flare1721 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
Soeroah posted...
FAT____MAN posted...
The story is ****ing exceptionally stupid.

Any story that pulls the I'm dead, but i came back because the power of friendship should die.

Okay.

So why are you hating on Kingdom Hearts? They never did that. I guess you could interpret a scene that way if you didn't understand or care to learn about the way Heartless work...

TC; one big reason is because a lot of people think anything not on the PS2 is a 'pointless spin-off', and that they are delaying Kingdom Hearts 3 by releasing games that aren't important.

Those that understand most of those games are actually important either like the series or are annoyed that so much of the story is spread out across so many different systems. At the moment, the minimum amount of systems you'd need in America is a Playstation 2, a PSP and a 3DS to get all the games and thus all the story. It gets expensive, and some people don't want to buy a system for all of one game.

Then you have the people who think the story is bad, and they are welcome to their opinion. Many seem to think their opinions are 'correct', though, which causes the fanbase to get irate with them, which leads to a circular cycle of gamers blaming gamers.

Lastly, this is the Internet. Anonymity is a breeding ground for disrespectful conduct and insulting conversations. Some people who like the series will pretend they don't just to get a rise out of those who do like it.

I understand why Lea came back, but Sora being turned back into a person was a "power of friendship" deus ex machina ploy. Now Lea getting a keyblade was a joke....

Or Kairi is pure light and the pure light defeated the darkness that turned Sora into a heartless.

To everyone that has 40mins to kill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlMp8zIJMRE

...what about all of the other heartless roaming around? By your logic, all the heartless in the vicinity should have been freed as well. It is a deus ex macina, because it was later explained that the ONLY way for a person to come back whole again is if both their heartless and nobody get defeated. Sora is technically still a walking heart...that is housing another heart in side of him(Ven), who is housing another heart inside of him(Roxas), who has another heart in side of him Xion. LOL, how can anyone think that is good writing?
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
3 years ago#96
Because the plot is bad and the gameplay is mindless button mashing. Every enemy should have had at least a 50% reduction in health to make the game less mindless, slow, and dragged out.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
3 years ago#97
ExtremeLight posted...

1.) Not my point on Noruma. So each character have a connection with another person that look like them... got ya. "Does not want to introduce new character" So what does that make Terra, Aqua, and Ventus? And you clearly don't know what a deus ex machina is... And wow. Understandable.

2.) How did BBS... And in the cutscene it show Xehanort having no memory because of what Aqua did to Terra. I expect the game to wrap up.

Man, you must REALLY not know much about characterization .Terra is 99% similar to Riku, Ventus is 70% similar to Kairi, and Aqua is 90% similar to Sora. That alone proves that Nomura cannot make interesting, unique, and multi-dimensional characters....he just recycles cliche ones.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
3 years ago#98
"a deus ex machina is an artificial plot device used to resolve a conflict. KH is full of that. Generally, it should be avoided, because it insults the audience and utterly ruins the point of experiencing the entire story just to have some "make a wish" outcome.

The time travel is the perfect example, because it was NEVER forshadowed, yet all of a sudden in 1 game it turns out to be the most important factor in KH. It was a deus ex machina ploy, because it was used for no other reason other than to bring back the different forms of Xehanort to serve as enemies because a single Xehanort is not epic enough to end an arc.

Kairi getting a keyblade is a deus ex machina. Sora being turned back into a person from Kairi's love is deus ex machina. LOL, Terra's armor still having consciousness is the largest deus ex machina for that fact that it makes no sense; the ONLY explanation is that it was his will. His will? How about using the will inside your body to fight the bad guy out instead of manifesting it into an armor and fighting him at his full power.

What else... oh yeah, Xion's very existence being used as a way to explain why Roxas can dual wield(which honestly needed no explanation).

The point is that KH, like most jrpg's, is heavily modeled after anime. I love anime....well I used to, but the greatest flaw of anime is that deus ex machina are heavily abused: random powerups, surviving impossible situations through luck on a regular basis, etc.

There are way more different forms. You have nobodies (org 13), unversed (BBS and Vanitias), heartless (Ansem SOD), clones(Xion, Rikureplica), dream monsters(DDD), intangible entites( Youngnort, Eraqus, and Ven's heart) and actual people. What makes this silly is that every new character seems to be a new form. Nomura is lazy and does not want to make distinct personalities and new characters....that is all.

The story is complex because of all of the deus ex machina, horrible pacing, misinformation, borderline retcons, poor explanations, and everything being explained by "the power of the heart/friendship/love."This series has virtually EVERY poor writing techniques writers should avoid. Saying that this is complex in a good way is an insult to EVERY writer struggling to come up with actual stories that make sense, and are complicated without breaking canon.

The worse pat...the UTTER WORSE PART.... is that this game is easy to comprehend. it really is if you do not question much, take everything for fact value and accept intangible answers for huge plot changes, such as "the power of the heart." However, the story is getting more stale and boring while getting more complex and nonsensical. Give me a nonsensical game, but at least keep it interesting."

Let's not forget all of the horrible dialogue in all of the games, too.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
3 years ago#99
theofficefan99 posted...
"a deus ex machina is an artificial plot device used to resolve a conflict. KH is full of that. Generally, it should be avoided, because it insults the audience and utterly ruins the point of experiencing the entire story just to have some "make a wish" outcome.

The time travel is the perfect example, because it was NEVER forshadowed, yet all of a sudden in 1 game it turns out to be the most important factor in KH. It was a deus ex machina ploy, because it was used for no other reason other than to bring back the different forms of Xehanort to serve as enemies because a single Xehanort is not epic enough to end an arc.

Kairi getting a keyblade is a deus ex machina. Sora being turned back into a person from Kairi's love is deus ex machina. LOL, Terra's armor still having consciousness is the largest deus ex machina for that fact that it makes no sense; the ONLY explanation is that it was his will. His will? How about using the will inside your body to fight the bad guy out instead of manifesting it into an armor and fighting him at his full power.

What else... oh yeah, Xion's very existence being used as a way to explain why Roxas can dual wield(which honestly needed no explanation).

The point is that KH, like most jrpg's, is heavily modeled after anime. I love anime....well I used to, but the greatest flaw of anime is that deus ex machina are heavily abused: random powerups, surviving impossible situations through luck on a regular basis, etc.

There are way more different forms. You have nobodies (org 13), unversed (BBS and Vanitias), heartless (Ansem SOD), clones(Xion, Rikureplica), dream monsters(DDD), intangible entites( Youngnort, Eraqus, and Ven's heart) and actual people. What makes this silly is that every new character seems to be a new form. Nomura is lazy and does not want to make distinct personalities and new characters....that is all.

The story is complex because of all of the deus ex machina, horrible pacing, misinformation, borderline retcons, poor explanations, and everything being explained by "the power of the heart/friendship/love."This series has virtually EVERY poor writing techniques writers should avoid. Saying that this is complex in a good way is an insult to EVERY writer struggling to come up with actual stories that make sense, and are complicated without breaking canon.

The worse part...the UTTER WORSE PART.... is that this game is easy to comprehend. it really is if you do not question much, take everything for fact value and accept intangible answers for huge plot changes, such as "the power of the heart." However, the story is getting more stale and boring while getting more complex and nonsensical. Give me a nonsensical game, but at least keep it interesting."

LOL, spread the good word. They cannot tear down this statement because it is true. The most they can do is say, "WeLLLlZZ, DatZ Ur OpInIONZ...I's EnjOyZ It AnYWAYz, so wHo CaReZ WhaT yoUZ TinkZ?"
---
3 years ago#100
Ragnoraok posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

The worse part...the UTTER WORSE PART.... is that this game is easy to comprehend. it really is if you do not question much, take everything for fact value and accept intangible answers for huge plot changes, such as "the power of the heart." However, the story is getting more stale and boring while getting more complex and nonsensical. Give me a nonsensical game, but at least keep it interesting."

LOL, spread the good word. They cannot tear down this statement because it is true. The most they can do is say, "WeLLLlZZ, DatZ Ur OpInIONZ...I's EnjOyZ It AnYWAYz, so wHo CaReZ WhaT yoUZ TinkZ?"

I posted this on the DDD board and so far literally the ONLY defense has been "Disagree." Even from KMAnsem.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So... Why all the hate for Kingdom Hearts?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived