This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I like Sonic games now. What are the best ones?

#21Gman2989Posted 2/18/2013 12:02:53 AM
Sonic 2 and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
---
PSN & Nintendo Network: Gman2989 Currently Playing: PS All Stars, Sly 4, Pokemon Black 2
#22Ottopilot666Posted 2/18/2013 12:06:05 AM
Just get Sonic's Ultimate Genesis collection and thank me later
#23Stanger5150Posted 2/18/2013 12:09:19 AM
Fortecross posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
Fortecross posted...
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic Colors(Wii)
Sonic 1-3
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic Rush Series(DS)

"Ok" game: Sonic Heroes

Games you should avoid: Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06.

ninjakraken posted...
Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 + Knuckles are my favourites. You can get Sonic 2, 3 and S&K in various collections, however Sonic 3 + Knuckles I haven't seen in any collection, you'll either have to have the original cartridges or download an emulated version on your computer.

Sonic 3+Knuckles is on "Sonic Mega Collection".

That's the DS one right? I know S3&K is on the DS collection I have, I just forgot the name of it.

Nop! Its on the gamecube, PC, Xbox, and ps2. : ).

Thanks! I have no need for it since I have the S&K lock-on cart for Genesis as well as the DS collection. It's good to know anyway!

The GC one has Sonic CD as well right? I don't have a Sega CD so I'd like to have some sort of physical copy since I only have the PSN port.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#24kalibre16Posted 2/18/2013 12:38:58 AM
Ottopilot666 posted...
Just get Sonic's Ultimate Genesis collection and thank me later

Actually this one doesn't have Sonic 3&K which was very dissapointing it also doesn't have Knuckles in Sonic 2 (For this reason alone I would recommend Sonic Mega Collection on the GC/PS2)

- Aside from the Classics I'd put Sonic CD (its a classic as well but it can be overlooked since it wasn't in the Genesis

- Sonic Colors I heard was good (I've seen clips of it and it looks similar to Mario Galaxy which is fine by my book)

- Sonic The Hedgehog 4 is pretty good too I'd recommend 2 above 1 but the first ones not too bad either (just the physics and music are eh)

- I really wouldn't recommend 3D blast but eh its in most collections so you'll probably end up playing it (I have beaten it with all Chaos emeralds but the extra "secret" really isn't worth the trouble IMO)

and of course you've already played Generations so I wont tell you about it unless you're willing to play it for a handheld mmmm
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#25badboyPosted 2/18/2013 12:58:28 AM
Sonic 1, 2, 3 & K, CD, Colors, and Generations.
#26FortecrossPosted 2/18/2013 1:16:24 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
Fortecross posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
Fortecross posted...
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic Colors(Wii)
Sonic 1-3
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic Rush Series(DS)

"Ok" game: Sonic Heroes

Games you should avoid: Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06.

ninjakraken posted...
Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 + Knuckles are my favourites. You can get Sonic 2, 3 and S&K in various collections, however Sonic 3 + Knuckles I haven't seen in any collection, you'll either have to have the original cartridges or download an emulated version on your computer.

Sonic 3+Knuckles is on "Sonic Mega Collection".

That's the DS one right? I know S3&K is on the DS collection I have, I just forgot the name of it.

Nop! Its on the gamecube, PC, Xbox, and ps2. : ).

Thanks! I have no need for it since I have the S&K lock-on cart for Genesis as well as the DS collection. It's good to know anyway!

The GC one has Sonic CD as well right? I don't have a Sega CD so I'd like to have some sort of physical copy since I only have the PSN port.

Sonic CD is contained on another collection called "Sonic Gems Collection" which is a "ok" set if you like a combo of Sonic CD, Fighters, R and a few other titles.
---
The hammer gun from 4kids One piece is a weapon of mass destruction.
#27Deimos259Posted 2/18/2013 1:31:00 AM
Sonic 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
---
http://db.tt/jUBeVEo9
#28lambchipsPosted 2/18/2013 1:39:19 AM
sonic colours
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#29Aarosmashguy27Posted 2/18/2013 1:40:59 AM
I don't really play sonic games but I have a huge soft spot for sonic adventure 2. I even got all 180 emblems on the ps3 HD port.
#30nonexistingheroPosted 2/18/2013 1:49:36 AM(edited)
Upyers posted...
sonic
sonic 2
sonic 3 and knuckles
sonic 4 1 and 2
sonic adventure 2(my fave)
sonic unleashed
shadow

Sonic 4 games are bad.
Sonic Unleashed is pretty bad.
Shadow is atrocious.

Anyhow, these are also worth checking out:

- Sonic Advance games (all 3 of them. But especially 3!)
- Sonic Rush games (I prefer the 1st game though)
- Sonic Colors DS (skip the Wii version, it's garbage)
- Sonic Heroes (seems to be disliked by many, but it's a great game, IMO)
- Sonic CD (kinda easy though, mostly short stages. But a good game, nonetheless).
- Sonic 3D Blast (go for Genesis/Megadrive version. Different from the usual Sonic games, but I enjoyed it. And the music alone makes it worth playing through at least once)
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.