This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OMG! Ni no Kuni outsold PS3 DmC. Is this for real??

#41Terry-bogardPosted 2/18/2013 3:41:49 AM
Well ni no kuni is a great J-rpg , a genre that is not well represented these days , also the studio ghibli drawing it made it unique.
DMC is quite good but very short and there are like 12 similar games that came out in 2012 , it's just another dmc .

There is a lot more work and talent involved in NI no kuni than in dmc .
---
Videogame cancer : Perpetual easy mode (AKA USA syndrome), word "main" in fighting games.
#42IamthekuzalolPosted 2/18/2013 4:12:05 AM
Well, what a great way to kill off DMC's legacy. From selling 2.6 millions(DMC4) to selling only 500k copies world-wide. Capcom was just so adamant at appealing it to the west.

At least i can take solace in the fact that NNK is selling pretty well for a new ip.
#43SayoriaPosted 2/18/2013 4:21:15 AM
I am sure Dante got into a big F-YOU war with America after seeing those sales, since... well, he loves his F- wars.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#44Merc123Posted 2/18/2013 6:38:55 AM
Not surprising at all. Capcom failed to attract the new fans they desperately needed and alienated the old fans. Not a good combo.
#45deprofundis442Posted 2/18/2013 7:42:54 AM
Wait... So when White Knight Chronicles came out and did about 300,000 and everyone said it was bad, then this does less, it's somehow good because it's more than another unrelated game??
#46RyuNinjaDogPosted 2/18/2013 8:24:27 AM
Jx1010 posted...
yayyy :D

DmC can go back from where it came from (hell)

Actually no, they'll prolly just retire the series. Support good games, don't be a $#$(* about it.
#47wh0_kn0wsPosted 2/18/2013 8:29:00 AM
killak posted...
some interesting grudges against DmC.

Just to help some of you, continue on the journey that is life........ It's just a game, guys.

it isn't interesting. capcom did something stupid with a well liked series. capcom does a lot of stupid things, it seems.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#48crazyman32Posted 2/18/2013 8:42:34 AM(edited)
killak posted...
some interesting grudges against DmC.

Just to help some of you, continue on the journey that is life........ It's just a game, guys.

The DMC fanbase is mostly a joke these days.I enjoy the game and of course don't regret my purchase at all and just falls in the lines of the usual Crapcom sucks posts and other topics as well.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#49ReyMilansteryoPosted 2/18/2013 6:35:39 PM
LodeiroSnake posted...
KaiKun91 posted...
LodeiroSnake posted...
Now compare it to a CoD game.

Okay then compare COD to Pokemon game.

Still sells more in these times.

---
PSN: DGray_Squally
Now playing: MGS HD Collection, Skyrim ( PC) , Assasins Creed II, Final Fantasy IX ( PSN), Football Manager 2012(PC), ----Waiting for MGR