This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I play the batman games? (Asylum, City)

#1warrenmatsPosted 2/17/2013 11:44:13 PM
My friend always tell me to play it and he won't shut the hell up until I do.

But seriously, I kinda skeptical about the games. I heard the controls are stiff and the bosses are a joke. And I played alot of stealth games like metal gear and Deus ex recently so i kinda wanna play something else.

Also, I know nothing about batman.
---
:D
#2brycemorrPosted 2/17/2013 11:47:26 PM
Those games are must plays for anyone into stealth/beat em up games. If youve seen any batman movies or the animated series you should know enough about batman.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#3Jx1010Posted 2/17/2013 11:49:54 PM
It depends individually

I really liked Arkham City but didnt like Arkham Assylum

In Arkham City I play with animated batman and animated catwoman, really really good game
#4viajarvPosted 2/17/2013 11:53:27 PM
Watch the batman movies
#5Stanger5150Posted 2/17/2013 11:53:30 PM
Batman: master of every known form of martial arts, advanced detective skills, genius level I.Q., secret identity is Bruce Wayne, Barbara (Oracle) used to be Batgirl, arch nemesis is The Joker (psychopath, and one that Batman still hasn't quite figured out).

Arkham Asylum is a psychiatric hospital/prison

Bruce Wayne developed his alter ego due to his parents' murder years before. He chose bats because he feared them as a child. Despite being a dark character, Batman does not kill (something nobody told Tim Burton, apparently).

Now you know the basics.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#6spud_almightyPosted 2/17/2013 11:55:35 PM
Jx1010 posted...
It depends individually

In Arkham City I play with animated batman and animated catwoman, really really good game

How can you like one but not the other? They're exactly the same gameplay but in different situations. All things considering, the first game has the better story.
#7Jx1010Posted 2/17/2013 11:59:58 PM
spud_almighty posted...
Jx1010 posted...
It depends individually

How can you like one but not the other? They're exactly the same gameplay but in different situations. All things considering, the first game has the better story.

The first game felt very, very stiff
no animated batman
alot of frame problems, dont know how u call that...
Maybe I'll give it a try in the future
#8Stanger5150Posted 2/18/2013 12:01:20 AM
spud_almighty posted...
Jx1010 posted...
It depends individually

The guy you quoted already answered that in his first sentence.

It's all about individual preference.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#9enigma2274Posted 2/18/2013 12:03:16 AM
I think I'm one of the few that likes Asylum more than City, but they're both good.
---
PS3: Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3
Vita: EDF 2017, Persona 3, Sly Cooper 4 PSN: enigma2288
#10CojiroseanPosted 2/18/2013 12:03:17 AM
I made the mistake of thinking that Arkham City was sort of sandboxy like other super hero games, and I really didn't like it.
---
I'm not weaboo, I'm an Otaku.