This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I play the batman games? (Asylum, City)

#11Stanger5150Posted 2/17/2013 11:05:40 PM
Cojirosean posted...
I made the mistake of thinking that Arkham City was sort of sandboxy like other super hero games, and I really didn't like it.

I'm trying to think of a single comic book superhero game that's a sandbox.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#12RayconPosted 2/17/2013 11:15:27 PM
enigma2274 posted...
I think I'm one of the few that likes Asylum more than City, but they're both good.

Really? I was always under the impression most people enjoyed Asylum more.

= /

Stanger5150 posted...
Cojirosean posted...
I made the mistake of thinking that Arkham City was sort of sandboxy like other super hero games, and I really didn't like it.

Spiderman?
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#13viajarvPosted 2/18/2013 3:17:35 AM
I think one of the spiderman games was a sandbox game. I also think opinion is split about which of the arkham games were better. I'm re-playing City and forgot how enjoyable it was.
#14Stanger5150Posted 2/18/2013 9:59:23 AM
Raycon posted...
enigma2274 posted...
I think I'm one of the few that likes Asylum more than City, but they're both good.

Really? I was always under the impression most people enjoyed Asylum more.

= /

Stanger5150 posted...
Cojirosean posted...

Spiderman?

Thanks! Don't know how I forgot about that.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#15Shy420Posted 2/18/2013 10:07:39 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
Batman: master of every known form of martial arts, advanced detective skills, genius level I.Q., secret identity is Bruce Wayne, Barbara (Oracle) used to be Batgirl, arch nemesis is The Joker (psychopath, and one that Batman still hasn't quite figured out).

Arkham Asylum is a psychiatric hospital/prison

Bruce Wayne developed his alter ego due to his parents' murder years before. He chose bats because he feared them as a child. Despite being a dark character, Batman does not kill (something nobody told Tim Burton, apparently).

Now you know the basics.

You'll likely get modded for spoilers. I'm not reporting it but I said something very similar about a well established comic book hero, Spider-Man and was modded.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#16pecorrePosted 2/18/2013 10:12:01 AM
I hate super heroes movies and games in general but I liked those games.

I got the platinum in both. I really enjoyed both games even if I knew absolutely nothing about Batman (exept maybe robin, the catwoman, and the joker,lol)..
#17nihilist212Posted 2/18/2013 10:21:07 AM
Yes, you should. The games play great, the stories are great, and you don't need to know much about Batman to play them.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#18thetrixter99Posted 2/18/2013 10:21:45 AM
why shouldn't you ?
---
Just when you think you have it all figured out you been tricked :)
#19DragonXgbftPosted 2/18/2013 10:27:01 AM
I think Asylum has a slightly better story, but City beats it in everything else.
---
PSN:RYNOCIRATOR
#20Erupt50Posted 2/18/2013 10:30:26 AM
The short answer is yes, you should.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50