This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: What is your favorite type of RPG?

#11AlltraPosted 2/18/2013 2:49:09 AM(edited)
They're too broad of a set of categories. There's so many little subsets within those two categories.

Like, I don't enjoy TRPGs or RPGs like Ar Tonelico, Cross Edge, HDN, or most of the Atelier Series, but I absolutely love stuff like Eternal Sonta, Ni No Kuni, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, and the Ys Series. They're all JRPGs though.

Same deal with WRPGs, there's a number of subsets within the category that I like, and a number that I don't.

I suppose I like more styles in the JRPG category than I do in the WRPG category though.
---
I kill because I'm weak. Too weak to incapacitate an aggressor without killing them. Killing is easy. Not having to fight is hard.
#12Guts_LeonheartPosted 2/18/2013 3:04:48 AM
Mandatory jRPGs and wRPGs are not a genre, they're RPGs that are made in Japan/Western world. They are prone to having similiar themes and mechanics but are not limited to them ie Demons Souls plays like a wRPG but is in fact made in Japan therefore is technically a jRPG.

I like older RPGs from both places for the most part though I prefer modern RPGs made in Japan over RPGs made in the West.
#13HolyMcmolyPosted 2/18/2013 3:08:04 AM
The results are no surprise. Weeaboos, weeaboos everywhere.
#14AlltraPosted 2/18/2013 3:24:03 AM(edited)
Simple fact of the matter is that there are FAR more RPGs made by Japanese or Eastern Developers than there are made by Western Developers.

Simple numbers game.
---
I kill because I'm weak. Too weak to incapacitate an aggressor without killing them. Killing is easy. Not having to fight is hard.
#15ValorZraykPosted 2/18/2013 3:42:25 AM
My sig.
---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>13>7>12>4>1>2>10-2
#16YggdrasillePosted 2/18/2013 5:26:10 AM
JRPG, but I loved Dragon Age Origins and Deus Ex: HR and somewhat liked Mass Effect 2.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Ygdrasille.png
Waiting for: Naruto SUNS 3, Beyond: Two Souls, Tales of Xillia, Ninja Gaiden 3: RE, Ys: Memories of Celceta
#17deadmarvPosted 2/18/2013 10:29:19 AM
Wasn't the same poll posted a week or two ago by a different person?
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.
#18JohnHitman47Posted 2/18/2013 10:34:05 AM
JRPG
D souls games
Dragon's dogma
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#19Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:04:26 AM
Mass effect is not an rpg, its another space marine shooter
#20AstroshakPosted 2/19/2013 4:19:44 AM
I like RPG's.

I don't care if it is an Action RPG, a Strategy RPG, a PC RPG, a Console RPG, or what. I like RPG's. I may not like specific ones, but in general, I like RPG's.

I don't have a favorite. And until the whole issue of whether JRPG and WRPG refer to the "style" or the game's "country of origin" is resolved, I would encourage people not to confuse everyone else by using those two terms.