This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resistance Fall of Man - Just a question

#1azzaroksPosted 2/18/2013 12:35:27 AM
It just seems to be a tad choppy, as in the framerate. Not terrible, and it's pretty consistent. But overall it doesn't seem super smooth. (Don't wanna seem like I'm complaining, I'm loving the game!)

Should it seem that noticeable to someone who plays mainly pc games at 60fps? Because I'm hoping it's just me being picky with it, and not any issue with my ps3.
I have a good gaming pc and play most games at 60, so maybe I'm just sensitive to going to 30fps?

Don't get me wrong, love the game so far, and it's not really a problem, if it's normal.

Choppy might be too extreme, more just noticeably not super smooth if I'm moving fast (like spinning on the spot or other fast turning etc).

Thanks anyone who can answer this :)
---
"I'm a warrior! Not a... variety of flower!" - Vegeta
#2RayconPosted 2/18/2013 12:40:30 AM
It's hard to gauge from your description... but moments like your describing aren't that uncommon to my recollection of the game (it's been some time). However if it's very frequent, that might be an issue... but the occasional screen tearing/drop in smoothness sounds pretty normal. It is an old game, after all.

= /

Glad you're enjoying it though.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#3656stoogePosted 2/18/2013 12:43:45 AM
The games a launch PS3 title and probably running at 30 FPS or below. You're probably just not used to games running lower than 60 FPS, so I'd say there's nothing wrong with your PS3 or copy of the game.

Now stop bashing the PS3 you massive PC snob! Go troll somewhere else.

*kidding. You don't have to be so worried about voicing a concern. :)
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#4azzaroks(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 12:57:13 AM
Thanks for replies!

It's not a frequency thing, it's just the overall Framerate. It does run at 30fps, and on the PC I am a junky for high FPS, so 60 is what I'm used to playing at.

It's not horrible or major lag or aything, just overall, feels a bit choppy. I didn't think I'd notice the difference so much, but if it is okay then I'm happy with it haha.

Also, I'm playing it on a 1080p 42" TV, and maybe it is upscaling it too (if it does that), as when I check the display it says 1080p (even though it's a 720p game).

Also I felt the same with God of War 3, (friggin loved that game so much), and that also is a 30fps game (so I've read).

Thanks heaps, and I LOVE my ps3 (mine's white hehe), and yeah, just a little concerned, don't want anything to be wrong with my beloved machine :)
---
#5656stoogePosted 2/18/2013 1:00:19 AM
Actually God of War 3 runs at 60 FPS.
---
#6azzaroks(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:03:01 AM
Hmmm it didn't feel it to me, at least in all areas, some it did for sure though. Must be variable.

Also my TV is 100hz if that makes any difference. I can't find any game mode or anything
---
#7RayconPosted 2/18/2013 1:03:39 AM
656stooge posted...
Actually God of War 3 runs at 60 FPS.

Most of the time, anyway. >_>
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#8656stoogePosted 2/18/2013 1:05:40 AM
azzaroks posted...
Hmmm it didn't feel it to me, at least in all areas, some it did for sure though. Must be variable.

Also my TV is 100hz if that makes any difference. I can't find any game mode or anything

Look for an option along the lines of "true motion" or "Motion Flow" and try turning that off. It looks like crap on my TV and can make a game seem like it's stuttering.

It will probably be hidden in your TV's advanced options.
---
#9azzaroks(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:06:35 AM
I just found the Game mode (I guess i never looked that hard before). Would that have an effect on the visible fps?

Thanks buddy :)
---
#10656stoogePosted 2/18/2013 1:12:01 AM
game mode will turn off all the extra effect options your TV has, and as such will normally increase reduce any input lag. So I'm not sure if that will fix whatever problem you're having at the moment, but it is a good idea anyway.

The only problem I've had with game mode was on my old TV, and it locked all of the TV's colour/brightness settings and as a result the picture looked pretty bad.

Still, try hunting around for that motion option I mentioned. Pretty sure game mode turns that off though.
---