This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Free PS3 games question.

#1TyrantLowKeyPosted 2/18/2013 1:08:51 AM
So I heard that Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition was free at one time (i don't see it now on the list). Wondering if I had PS+ and I downloaded the game then, would it still be playing if I had PS+? I am asking because I am downloading Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (eventhough i own the game) but I would like to sell the game if it will be available even after they take it down?
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#2AranShiizaaPosted 2/18/2013 1:15:04 AM(edited)
EDIT: Nevermind.. you never downloaded it while it was free.... kinda just made my post mean nothing.
---
Q: How do I have sex in this game people - csnthefirst
A: Why don't you try having sex in real life? - Dr_Mojo
#3TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:15:45 AM
^Wow. Wish I had gotten it earlier :(.
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#4TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:16:45 AM
^^No I got what you meant. I am getting SFIV now so if they take it down, I want to know if it still works. You think maybe. I hope someone has a more definite answer who has had it for a while. Thanks though.
---
#5Brocken_JrPosted 2/18/2013 1:22:29 AM
if you dl a game from ps+ thats free, and the game gets taken off ps+, you still have the game free. i have free ps+ games from over a year ago that i still play.
---
DmC's story mode in 8 seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flH8MZo-4jw
#6TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:27:03 AM
^Damn. Thanks. Anyway of getting the older games or I am outta luck?
---
#7TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:27:39 AM
^Also how often do they update? Where can I find out the new games added from or is there a site that shows the upcoming games list?
---
#8spectralPosted 2/18/2013 1:30:04 AM(edited)
You'll get it for as long as you have a PS+ sub. Once its taken from the store page you can redownload it from your download history. Its a good idea to "purchase" each months free games as they become available even if you dont intend to play them. Just in case you change your mind later, plus it doesn't do any harm. The same works for the vita games, you can "purchase" them on the PS3 so that they are in your purchase history should you get a vita at a later date. Also of note if you stop your sub obviously you lose access. However if you stop and then resub again you will get access to the games from your previous sub too, you just wont get the games that were free between the date you stopped and the date you restarted.

Edit: Nope you cant get the games that have been taken off. You only get games that are added while you have an active sub.
#9Brocken_JrPosted 2/18/2013 1:37:02 AM(edited)
^
hes right, any game you miss you cant get, thats why when you have a subscription, download everything you can thats free. and theres usually 2 free games a month.

edit
site to see upcoming ps+ games is
http://blog.us.playstation.com/
it gets updated with whats coming to + on mondays
---
DmC's story mode in 8 seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flH8MZo-4jw
#10TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:36:25 AM
^Thanks. I was gonna ask the Vita question. Good to know. So how I purchase the game and not download?
---