This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When exactly did capcom become crapcom?

#1DSKEmmanuelPosted 2/18/2013 3:18:39 AM
When did capcom become crapcom? - Results (221 votes)
When the Breath of Fire series never got renewed for a proper sequel
7.24% (16 votes)
Right after Megaman 10 got released
5.88% (13 votes)
When Megaman legends 3 was cancelled
21.72% (48 votes)
When it became clear MvC3 and SF4 would get super and ultimate editions...
14.03% (31 votes)
When on-disc downloadable characters were revealed for streetfighter vs tekken
18.1% (40 votes)
when Resident Evil 6 happened.
2.26% (5 votes)
When the Devil May Cry series got reboot into DmC
3.17% (7 votes)
Dragon's Dogma expansion will sell at retail as a super version of the game.
0.9% (2 votes)
I refuse to acknowledge capcom has ever done wrong
6.79% (15 votes)
Cake
19.91% (44 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm sure some of you will support the company, and who could blame you. They did make some great refined games over the years. They've done a few things that have irked me, but I stayed loyal because they were still putting out some decent games that still interested me. Well, until one of the above happened. But damn, it just seems like they end up screwing fans over for each series. Anyway, what do you guys think?
---
PSN-DSKEmilio and GamerTag-DSKEmmanuel
my LBP2 levels~ http://lbp.me/u/DSKEmilio/levels
#2Evil_GogetaPosted 2/18/2013 3:21:58 AM
Starting this gen according to most people, I just buy Capcom games which I enjoy!
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (WiiU) MH3GHD, (PS3) Awaiting games, (Vita) PSO2
#3killakPosted 2/18/2013 3:23:22 AM
Well, since capcom kept doing the exact same thing they've been doing since.......well.....ever.

Somehow, in the last couple of years, people actually noticed it and threw a hissy fit at something they've been supporting for the whole time.

it's just now, they have an issue with it.
---
You don't ever go full Greer
#4AmyUnleashedPosted 2/18/2013 3:24:14 AM
When the Disc Locked content stuff started, there games also started to drop in quality a bit around that point.
#5jammiesPosted 2/18/2013 3:26:11 AM
When gamers became idiots that use terms like "Crapcom".
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#6DSKEmmanuel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 3:27:59 AM
I bought my 360 for exclusive games we didn't have on ps3. Didn't like halo, didn't like fable, didn't like gears. Then on a whim, right before dead rising 2, I bought the original dead rising. Man, I loved that game. It was so different, fun, and had a ton of replay value. It basically justified my purchase of the console and I still feel that way about it. Capcom did right by making that game. And I also sort of enjoyed resident evil 5 for what it was. Sure it wasn't great, but it was a fun game I suppose. I hated the offline co-op with sheva, but with a friend it's kinda tolerable. Dragon's Dogma was a great game, gave me some hope for capcom. But then I heard the expansion was just a new release of the game with more content instead of being dlc. That sucks. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
---
PSN-DSKEmilio and GamerTag-DSKEmmanuel
my LBP2 levels~ http://lbp.me/u/DSKEmilio/levels
#7sevil_yelimsPosted 2/18/2013 3:28:48 AM
I've bought some Capcom games, but not as often as I used to. I think the lower expected sales will wake up Capcom a little, but the overall poor business practices have come to bite them big time. They've pissed off Resident Evil fans, DMC fans, Mega Man fans, Marvel vs. Capcom fans, Sgtreet Fighter fans, etc.

There's at least one category or more to show that they've angered or alienated their fans. It's almost tragic.

Buuuuuuut. On the other hand it was only a matter of time.
---
Capcom Math: 4 + 5 = 6 #RE6
#8AnthonM2Posted 2/18/2013 4:50:44 AM
I think only amricans and british call them Crapcom.
#9ninja_starXPosted 2/18/2013 7:42:00 AM
The whole thing with disc locked characters on sfxt, it made me never want to buy another capcom game again.
#10Tricked Out HoroPosted 2/18/2013 9:09:22 AM
When Onimusha Dawn of Dreams happened.
---
Gear Second.