This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

They should release a game with every sega genesis or snes games ever created.

#1shotgunheadshotPosted 2/18/2013 5:31:13 AM
I do have Sega sonics genesis ultimate collection of games. But it would be cool if you could buy every single SNES or Sega genesis games on one disc. For Xbox360 and playstation 3. Just another big mega collection of every game from that era.
#2lepeosPosted 2/18/2013 5:37:26 AM
Yeah why give them drips and drabs at 40 quid a pop when we could just be done with it and give them the lot for the same amount.
---
@lepeos
Pokemon White 2 FC : 2624 0583 6539
#3CorathTheHungPosted 2/18/2013 5:43:48 AM
I miss the SEGA Channel
#4wake_me_420Posted 2/18/2013 5:45:20 AM
I think licencing issues would prevent that from happening. I bought a wii for the sole purpose of modding it to play the old school games.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#5badboyPosted 2/18/2013 6:07:03 AM
Legally, impossible. Illegally, possible.
#6glory of power metalPosted 2/18/2013 6:53:50 AM
People forget that generic shovelware during that gen was a million times worse than it is now. A disc with every game would be like 10% things already available on collections or download services, 5% cool games that for whatever reason, legal or otherwise, time forgot, and 85% horribleness that no one actually wants.
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#7nonexistingheroPosted 2/18/2013 6:55:26 AM
wake_me_420 posted...
I think licencing issues would prevent that from happening. I bought a wii for the sole purpose of modding it to play the old school games.

This. Although I do think it's a good idea if Nintendo or Sega would just turn the VC up a few notches. Rather than releasing games at a trickling pace, I think they should just release as many as possible. It's annoying to have to wait for years before that one game you want on the VC is finally released. Then doing it all over again in the next generation -__-

Build on what you have, that's the key here. Start with the more known and best titles. Then just release whatever you can. I prefer homebrew emulation above VC because it's much better in every single way and you don't have to wait for a game to be released. You don't have to wait for some collection of games, only to find out they left out some of the best options (like Ultimate Genesis Collection not have S3&K).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.