This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Square shows an HD remake in 360p with slow down and low res for FFX HD...

#41blankempathyPosted 2/19/2013 11:17:46 AM
Remember when square used to release Final Fantasy games within a couple of years of each other? Now even their ports take more then a couple of years to release. We have one Final Fantasy in limbo (versus), one that was a complete mess and had to be rebuilt from the ground up (14) one thats actually good but is in localization hell (type-0) and one thats a port but at this rate will take just as long as a newly developed FF to release (FFXD) and then theres games that no one even really wants (FFXIII-series). I have to wonder what is going on in the heads of the people who run square-enix.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#42pokemon_45_79_1Posted 2/19/2013 11:18:49 AM
From: blankempathy | Posted: 2/19/2013 10:17:46 AM | #041
Remember when square used to release Final Fantasy games within a couple of years of each other? Now even their ports take more then a couple of years to release. We have one Final Fantasy in limbo (versus), one that was a complete mess and had to be rebuilt from the ground up (14) one thats actually good but is in localization hell (type-0) and one thats a port but at this rate will take just as long as a newly developed FF to release (FFXD) and then theres games that no one even really wants (FFXIII-series). I have to wonder what is going on in the heads of the people who run square-enix.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler

FFXIV is the reason why so many games have been delayed including LR.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#43noutBrPosted 2/19/2013 11:34:03 AM(edited)
IHeartMetroid posted...
"you sure know how to back up your claims"

Against someone who dishonestly deliberately picks the worst FFX shot possible out of the entire set of Google images to "prove" his point, then relies on ridiculous nontexturized wireframe render models?

There's no point.

Nontexturized wireframe? You obviously are clueless when it comes to 3D modeling since nontexturized doesn't mean anything and a wireframe is...a wireframe. Those images I posted are in fact the ingame models, except they look even worse in the game since these were extracted from the game and rendered on a PC.

The screenshot I posted was the only screenshot I could find that showed low poly Tidus with his face visible and I did want to post a better quality screenshot.

EDIT: I did find a better one that's even in a similar pose to the FFX HD model.
http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/ffx/ffxsquare_13_640w.jpg
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#44IHeartMetroidPosted 2/19/2013 11:34:56 AM
"Nontexturized wireframe? You obviously are clueless when it comes to 3D modeling since nontexturized doesn't mean anything and a wireframe is...a wireframe. Those images I posted are in fact the ingame models"

I know a hell of a lot more about raytracing than you do, that much is certain. The CRAP you spew belies your blatant ignorance; the stuff you posted isn't anything close to what is seen ingame, it's a series of flat wireframe reference models without any of the advanced shading, textures (it's using only a basic wrapped image skin, nontexurized, for reference purposes) that you get ingame. What you're looking at is what in modeling we call a prerender reference wireframe; in a nutshell we use it so we can tell that our raytracing object space math is correct without having to do complete full renders. Basic Maya and LightWave stuff.

And you have no idea what you're talking about.
---
Currently ignoring 3 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#45noutBrPosted 2/19/2013 11:49:19 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"Nontexturized wireframe? You obviously are clueless when it comes to 3D modeling since nontexturized doesn't mean anything and a wireframe is...a wireframe. Those images I posted are in fact the ingame models"

I know a hell of a lot more about raytracing than you do, that much is certain. The CRAP you spew belies your blatant ignorance; the stuff you posted isn't anything close to what is seen ingame, it's a series of flat wireframe reference models without any of the advanced shading, textures (it's using only a basic wrapped image skin, nontexurized, for reference purposes) that you get ingame. What you're looking at is what in modeling we call a prerender reference wireframe; in a nutshell we use it so we can tell that our raytracing object space math is correct without having to do complete full renders. Basic Maya and LightWave stuff.

And you have no idea what you're talking about.

I didn't know that so I stand corrected about your statement. I am only fiddling around with Maya for fun and I have little knowledge about the actual production of 3D models for games and movies.

However, despite not being a shaded model it is still a viable example. The textures will not improve in quality and the poly count will not increase so I have no clue why you are so hell bent on denying the obvious. What's more, I posted another screenshot that shows Tidus actually ingame so spare me your excuses.
---
#46IHeartMetroidPosted 2/19/2013 11:51:18 AM
"I posted another screenshot"

Yes, another handpicked low resolution blurry screenshot that proves nothing at all.

I don't have anymore time to play with you. Work is calling me and I've procrastinated enough.
---
Currently ignoring 3 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#47iPr0kkaFTWPosted 2/19/2013 11:57:52 AM
LOL @ SquareEnix footage of their so-called FFX HD.

Check out FFX on TRUE HD (1080p) running on the PS2 emulator PCSX2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dVHWnAC49c

SquareEnix announced FFX HD more than a year ago and that was it? Anyone with a beefy rig can run FFX on PCSX2 and make it HD (even better with other graphics settings) within a matter of seconds by configuring the emulator graphics settings.
#48noutBrPosted 2/19/2013 12:01:02 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"I posted another screenshot"

Yes, another handpicked low resolution blurry screenshot that proves nothing at all.

I don't have anymore time to play with you. Work is calling me and I've procrastinated enough.

That screenshot is 640x480 which should be the resolution at which the PS2 displays the game. You clearly have no intention of agreeing with me from the very beginning no matter what I say or do so whatever man.
---