This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Out of space but want games...saving to a memory card?

#1VentwigPosted 2/18/2013 9:05:45 AM
I really wanna take advantage of the FF sale (or if it's permanent then I just really want the games) to gt FF 7 and 8.

Problem: together they're about 3 GB worth of space.
Problem; I have an old model with about 2k MB left.

So what can I do to get these games? Must I buy a bigger hard drive to get more space? I've gone through save files and others countless times and there's nothing really big, only thing is the Ninokuni game utility because I'm playing it right now.

Would there be a way I can just download the game onto my SD card/USB and play from there?

Or any others that don't require much money or hard work because if I were to start unscrewing my bulky ps3 id probably break it...

Thanks!

(Also if it's no just a temp sale and a full on price drop could someone notify me of that please so I'll only get FF7 first then 8 after)
---
--- Official Turtwig of the Kingdom Hearts 3D Boards
Pie is yummy. And Kingdom Hearts is fun.
#2Crimson SkysPosted 2/18/2013 9:19:51 AM
Game data is usually a lot bigger than game saves, get rid of some of that.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#3korn_craze101Posted 2/18/2013 9:24:47 AM
How much are the ff games
---
PsN~ garabel713
#4Ventwig(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 12:28:58 PM
Crimson Skys posted...

Yeah I deleted all of the big ten minute installs.
Going through other data they're all KB at the most.
Would deleting those affect my games at all?

And to the other replier: they're 4.99 each.
I'd rather cough up ten bucks than emulate it. It's more fun on the console.
---
#5keybladeXIIIPosted 2/18/2013 12:33:02 PM
Since you sound like you don't wanna buy a bigger hard drive (it's really easy tho), I'd recommend buying a slim. Really.

It'll save you from all the frustration of keeping your old system alive and spaceless, you won't have to worry about games filling up that often, and it'll last much longer.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#6Ventwig(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 4:13:41 PM
keybladeXIII posted...
Since you sound like you don't wanna buy a bigger hard drive (it's really easy tho), I'd recommend buying a slim. Really.

It'll save you from all the frustration of keeping your old system alive and spaceless, you won't have to worry about games filling up that often, and it'll last much longer.

I looked up harddrives online...maybe not that bad.

Problem with a slim though is that they cant play ps2 games. at least my cousins' cant. idk about newer slim models, plus id rather spend $50 on the bigger drive than...what, $250?, on a whole new system.

So there's no other way? nothing that can involve an SD card or a USB or anything? :(
---
#7s0uR ToFuPosted 2/18/2013 6:10:02 PM
one of three downfalls of ps3, installs, lame 2x reader and split memory...i shall pray 4 u sir
---
http://shoe-nuff.blogspot.com, http://life-on-ten.tumblr.com
#8ViceGagaPosted 2/18/2013 6:31:20 PM
My suggestion would be to pay for them now while they're on sale and then download them whenever you get the free space.. I think that would work?
---
Choose your last words, this is the last time, cuz you and I, we were born to die.
#9Proto1215Posted 2/18/2013 9:49:50 PM
ViceGaga posted...
My suggestion would be to pay for them now while they're on sale and then download them whenever you get the free space.. I think that would work?

Best idea if you're low on space. Upgrade that HDD ASAP.
#10riddlebox89Posted 2/18/2013 9:54:37 PM
Ventwig posted...
Crimson Skys posted...

Yeah I deleted all of the big ten minute installs.
Going through other data they're all KB at the most.
Would deleting those affect my games at all?

And to the other replier: they're 4.99 each.
I'd rather cough up ten bucks than emulate it. It's more fun on the console.

If you have any DLC purchased for those games, unless they're a separate file then deleting the game data will delete said DLC and you'd have to reinstall and repatch the game the next time you want to play.

A bigger HDD is really worth it if you're not one who fancies deleting stuff to make room for more then reinstalling it later.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.