This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The best thing for Versus XIII...

#11pokemon_45_79_1Posted 2/18/2013 1:18:02 PM(edited)
From: theofficefan99 | Posted: 2/18/2013 12:14:46 PM | #010
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
From: theofficefan99 | Posted: 2/18/2013 12:07:08 PM | #008
As long as etro is in it I don't buy the name change unless she doesn't play a big part in the game.

And as I said in another versus topic, it cost more money and they would have to change engines to luminous one since its going to be there main one which means a longer delay, plus Se is not in a stable financial situation at this stage.

And going off of versus rumors 90% of them fall through and end up being false.

However Versus could come out this year due to LR being delayed to winter if not early 2014 due to not competing with GTAV, and FFXIV should come out before E3, so that still gives about 4 months to release versus before GTAV comes out.

Uhhh Agito XIII got changed to Type-0, remember? And it still used l'Cie, fal'Cie, Etro, Pulse, Lindzei, etc. etc.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

I still disagree as those didn't play that big a part as they shoudl have, plus they wanted to change the name to make it part of a type series remember they wanted to do more like type-a, or type-b.

Also with etro playing such a big part in XIII-2 it seems she may play a huge part in versus, so changing the name may not work.

The best thing for versus XIII keep the name and SE shows it off for ps3, the story already done in versus, so changing the name might mean changing the story which means longer delay again.

What? The whole game revolved around those concepts. It is still very much part of Fabula Nova Crystallis. Versus XIII getting a name change is not out of the question, and Etro being very involved in XIII-2 has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

It does and changing the name does Nomura really want that it is his game and he was pushing the name to be unique to any FF game to date, changing the name doesn't make any sense.

The best thing for versus is for it to be shown at the feb 20th conference, although I don't see it happening.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#12theofficefan99Posted 2/18/2013 1:18:34 PM
From: theofficefan99 | Posted: 2/18/2013 12:14:46 PM | #010
From: theofficefan99 | Posted: 2/18/2013 12:07:08 PM | #008
As long as etro is in it I don't buy the name change unless she doesn't play a big part in the game.

And as I said in another versus topic, it cost more money and they would have to change engines to luminous one since its going to be there main one which means a longer delay, plus Se is not in a stable financial situation at this stage.

And going off of versus rumors 90% of them fall through and end up being false.

However Versus could come out this year due to LR being delayed to winter if not early 2014 due to not competing with GTAV, and FFXIV should come out before E3, so that still gives about 4 months to release versus before GTAV comes out.

Uhhh Agito XIII got changed to Type-0, remember? And it still used l'Cie, fal'Cie, Etro, Pulse, Lindzei, etc. etc.
---

I still disagree as those didn't play that big a part as they shoudl have, plus they wanted to change the name to make it part of a type series remember they wanted to do more like type-a, or type-b.

Also with etro playing such a big part in XIII-2 it seems she may play a huge part in versus, so changing the name may not work.

The best thing for versus XIII keep the name and SE shows it off for ps3, the story already done in versus, so changing the name might mean changing the story which means longer delay again.

What? The whole game revolved around those concepts. It is still very much part of Fabula Nova Crystallis. Versus XIII getting a name change is not out of the question, and Etro being very involved in XIII-2 has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
---

It does and changing the name does Nomura really want that it is his game and he was pushing the name to be unique to any FF game to date, changing the name doesn't make any sense.

Are you dense?

Type-0, despite being changed from Agito XIII, is still very much a Fabula Nova Crystallis game. There was no reports on the story being changed, and it most likely was not changed at all considering how the entire game revolves around Etro, Lindzei, Pulse, fal'Cie, l'Cie, etc. etc. etc.

You're saying that Versus XIII getting a name change will force a change in the story when Type-0 outright disproves this. Versus XIII was supposed to only be related to XIII with its mythological terms and that's it, so removing "XIII" from the title and changing it to something else will do nothing. It will still be part of Fabula Nova Crystallis and use the mythology.

Try using your head for once.
---
#13Willie_MakeitPosted 2/18/2013 1:20:27 PM
KOTRwhoops posted...
Willie_Makeit posted...
I gave up on FF years ago. There hasn't been a good game in the series since FFX.

That's good to know. Thanks.

You're welcome. Glad to be of service.
---
Sig.
#14pokemon_45_79_1Posted 2/18/2013 1:23:31 PM
Changing the name will make what fanbase they have left for FF really angry and it just doesn't sound that good to change to a dull name like FFXV, when versus seems a lot better and it would make it more unique as a FF game.

Agito was changed and it didn't piss off the fanbase as much because it came out to late due to SE incompetence in making the game for the psp.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#15theofficefan99Posted 2/18/2013 1:32:53 PM
Changing the name will make what fanbase they have left for FF really angry and it just doesn't sound that good to change to a dull name like FFXV, when versus seems a lot better and it would make it more unique as a FF game.

Agito was changed and it didn't piss off the fanbase as much because it came out to late due to SE incompetence in making the game for the psp.

Wow, your posts make me lose IQ points.

How will they make the fanbase angry? Maybe it'll make you angry, but a vast majority of people seem eager for the name to be changed. Changing the name from Versus XIII will only be a good thing. There are still people who think that it is a fighting game due to the "Versus" in the title, and there are people not interested in it because there is "XIII" in the title, and XIII has a very negative stigma. That is why a name change would actually be good, and it would be especially appropriate if the game received an overhaul.

That makes no sense. Agito XIII's name being changed didn't piss anyone off because it's not a big deal and it's a good thing to remove itself from XIII's negative stigma.
---
#16majin nemesisPosted 2/18/2013 1:50:50 PM(edited)
no if they want this game to be a system seller they have to keep the name because the game is known for that name if they change the name people will think that it's a different game and not buy it has much as if they kept the name
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#17LaventorPosted 2/18/2013 1:58:22 PM
majin nemesis posted...
no if they want this game to be a system seller they have to keep the name because the game is known for that name if they change the name people will think that it's a different game and not buy it has much as if they kept the name

It's Final Fantasy. If it's renamed as Final Fantasy XV, the next big number, people will buy it because it's a main title Final Fantasy.

If PS4 would launch with Versus XIII or have it renamed to XV and it remains exclusive to that console, it's one of those games people will consider buying a PS4 for. Granted most people will want multiple games before buying a new console at all, but it'll be one of those games.
#18majin nemesisPosted 2/18/2013 2:05:28 PM
Laventor posted...
majin nemesis posted...

It's Final Fantasy. If it's renamed as Final Fantasy XV, the next big number, people will buy it because it's a main title Final Fantasy.

If PS4 would launch with Versus XIII or have it renamed to XV and it remains exclusive to that console, it's one of those games people will consider buying a PS4 for. Granted most people will want multiple games before buying a new console at all, but it'll be one of those games.

but the game is known as FFversusXIII if it comes out with another name it's like it's a different game and it would be like FFversusXIII never came out or existed at all
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#19LaventorPosted 2/18/2013 2:10:53 PM
majin nemesis posted...

but the game is known as FFversusXIII if it comes out with another name it's like it's a different game and it would be like FFversusXIII never came out or existed at all

Trust me, the people who know of Final Fantasy Versus XIII's existance right now will know if it gets renamed Final Fantasy XV. Any piece of info that releases on that game gets blown out of proportion and it would be unavoidable if you even remotely follow gaming websites.

For the rest of the world, they won't know Versus XIII exists right now. They won't give a crap that Final Fantasy XV was first named Versus XIII if it'd hypothetically gets a rename if they buy it.

Proof? Final Fantasy Type-0. Everyone who's been following the XIII games knew that that was Agito XIII before it was renamed. The rest simply don't care.
#20Soul_On_DisplayPosted 2/18/2013 2:12:37 PM
Willie_Makeit posted...
I gave up on FF years ago. There hasn't been a good game in the series since FFX.

FF12 says "hi."
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~