This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IF SquareEnix is smart then Noctis needs a redesign.

#1RemakeMePosted 2/18/2013 2:18:08 PM(edited)
They cant afford to not appeal to weeaboos and Japanese audience only. They spent too much time on this game to appeal to niche groups.

The Wolf cut is a dated jpop style that never caught on outside of females in the west, even then it was never big and for good reason, it looks absolutely stupid.

If they want to sell to a wider appeal then the main character needs to look "normal" not be covered in buckles and not look like a bottom boy who is trying to be a hip jpop singer.

To me, i think the best fix is just give him a normal haircut....easy fix, if i had it my way i would give him a complete overhaul and be a good balance between western and Japanese troupes. I think a good example is Leon Kennedy or DMC4 Dante.

---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#2DevilslicerPosted 2/18/2013 2:18:55 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/321/763/777.jpg
---
A true hero seeks neither fame or fortune... only the courage which he needs to fight.
#3ItalianIdiotPosted 2/18/2013 2:18:59 PM
Think Nomura cares?

Hell our worries is if we'll even get to play it before we die.
#4PangLaPosted 2/18/2013 2:19:22 PM
Cloud say hi.
#5DevilslicerPosted 2/18/2013 2:20:03 PM
Squall says Hi
---
A true hero seeks neither fame or fortune... only the courage which he needs to fight.
#6RemakeMe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:25:16 PM
Cloud and Squall were more down to earth back then, also it helped that they were during ps1 graphics...but these Nomura design's as of late are just lame... those days he was young, and probably toned it down, now that he's established himself he's gone balls to the wall with terrible designs that are just too much. It doesn't help that he has a boycrush on a jpop singer and with FF crisis core, the absolutely worst parts are with genesis, it was just soo annoying to listen and watch i could barely stomach it.

but at this point, Noctis just looks stupid, it looks like he's trying to hard. And you can't afford to to spend so many years working on a game and scare off a large portion of the western audiences.
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#7SubSeenixPosted 2/18/2013 2:26:52 PM(edited)
This game will still sell the same amount.
It would probably even sell less if they change Noctis.His style is one of the biggest eyecatchers.
The Westbros who aren't into J-RPGs/Japan stuff don't care anyway - They want bald space marines with guns and no J-RPGs.They wouldn't even care if Noctis looks like Chris Dorner of one of their national heroes of the past weeks.

The people who are interested in that game like or don't care how Noctis looks.
#8Sand_FlarePosted 2/18/2013 2:28:42 PM
The game will sell millions of copies regardless, so there's really no point.
---
http://i.minus.com/iMDVRuYNQql6o.gif
#9SigmaHacielPosted 2/18/2013 2:30:31 PM
Abandoning what their true fanbase was for the casuals has worked out SO well for other groups.

Oh wait.
#10DaggeraxePosted 2/18/2013 2:32:13 PM(edited)
Yeah they should totally let Ninja Theory handle the character designs!

...in all seriousness, Versus XIII character designs look very plain by Japanese standards.