This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IF SquareEnix is smart then Noctis needs a redesign.

#11PangLaPosted 2/18/2013 2:30:47 PM
Sand_Flare posted...
The game will sell millions of copies regardless, so there's really no point.

Exactly. Final Fantasy is already a well establish franchise. If anything, making the design more Western would piss off fans.
#12LaventorPosted 2/18/2013 2:33:37 PM
It's a fantasy game. Things don't need to look "normal" in fantasy games. If people think it does, then Final Fantasy for one, isn't for them and it's for the better they leave it be.
#13RemakeMe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:34:06 PM
SubSeenix posted...
This game will still sell the same amount.
It would probably even sell less if they change Noctis.His style is one of the biggest eyecatchers.
The Westbros don't care anyway - They want bald space marines with guns and no J-RPGs.
The people who are interested in that game like or don't care how Noctis looks.

the same amount? They are suppose to sell more, this game has been under development for a long time. Selling the same amount is more appropriate when they could have released 2 major final fantasy games by now.

Also, the same amount appose to what? The dudebros dont play this game because the games are dated, many of my dudebro friends use to play FF back then. Now this series fell of so hard.

Also look at characters from Japanese Developers like Snake or Leon Kennedy/Chris Redfield....those games sell particularly well both in Western and Japanese audiences...you don't need to design your characters after a jpop idols who are laughed at by the west.

Imagine if WESTERN games they modeled Nathan Drake / Commander Shepperd / Insert COD main here and design them after Justin Beiber and Robert Patterson? You think pew pew is all the dude bros need for them to buy a game? No character design matters. And SquareEnix needs to find a middle ground that appeals to both West and East audiences
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#14RyuuHou25Posted 2/18/2013 2:37:05 PM
RemakeMe posted...
Cloud and Squall were more down to earth back then, also it helped that they were during ps1 graphics...but these Nomura design's as of late are just lame... those days he was young, and probably toned it down, now that he's established himself he's gone balls to the wall with terrible designs that are just too much. It doesn't help that he has a boycrush on a jpop singer and with FF crisis core, the absolutely worst parts are with genesis, it was just soo annoying to listen and watch i could barely stomach it.

but at this point, Noctis just looks stupid, it looks like he's trying to hard. And you can't afford to to spend so many years working on a game and scare off a large portion of the western audiences.

Or, you know, Western audiences could stop being so shallow/callous/ignorant/picky/stupid/dumb and learn to accept other cultures.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#15theofficefan99Posted 2/18/2013 2:39:35 PM
I was just thinking this.

If they just give him a new haircut I'd be totally fine.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#16RemakeMe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:40:09 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
RemakeMe posted...
Cloud and Squall were more down to earth back then, also it helped that they were during ps1 graphics...but these Nomura design's as of late are just lame... those days he was young, and probably toned it down, now that he's established himself he's gone balls to the wall with terrible designs that are just too much. It doesn't help that he has a boycrush on a jpop singer and with FF crisis core, the absolutely worst parts are with genesis, it was just soo annoying to listen and watch i could barely stomach it.

but at this point, Noctis just looks stupid, it looks like he's trying to hard. And you can't afford to to spend so many years working on a game and scare off a large portion of the western audiences.

Or, you know, Western audiences could stop being so shallow/callous/ignorant/picky/stupid/dumb and learn to accept other cultures.

Funny, if we are talking bout shallow and ignorant then Japan is a much more xenophobic/ignorant/shallow/picky/arrogant country than the US. Get your head out of your ass.
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#17SigmaHacielPosted 2/18/2013 2:41:01 PM
RemakeMe posted...

Funny, if we are talking bout shallow and ignorant then Japan is a much more xenophobic/ignorant/shallow/picky/arrogant country than the US. Get your head out of your ass.

lmao what?

Wanna try that again after you actually know what America is like?
#18LaventorPosted 2/18/2013 2:44:43 PM
RemakeMe posted...

Imagine if WESTERN games they modeled Nathan Drake / Commander Shepperd / Insert COD main here and design them after Justin Beiber and Robert Patterson? You think pew pew is all the dude bros need for them to buy a game? No character design matters. And SquareEnix needs to find a middle ground that appeals to both West and East audiences

So you're basically saying it should appear more like bland designs like Drake, Shepperd and CoD? No thank you. It doesn't fit in a Final Fantasy setting, nor does it need to. Setting & character design together make a fine pair. Drake fits in the setting of Uncharted for one. Put Cloud in there and he's COMPLETELY out of place for example, and vise versa.

Final Fantasy's design is just like that. It can't be helped that Western companies often like to use the bland guys and lack the imagination to make them stand out more. On the other hand, the Eastern developpers like to use the other extreme with strange haircuts, colours etc etc...BUT IT FITS IN THEIR GAMES. Therefore it's justified just as much as the more "normal" character designs the West uses in their games. Especially in fantasy genre of games, the setting in each and every game is different. The character design should follow that setting or it'll be out of place.
#19RemakeMe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:45:08 PM
Ok, i'm wording it wrong, many weeaboos here seem to think they should be more like Marcus Pheonix or Soap McTavish. What i'm saying is they should look less like a girl and more like a man?

Angeal from Chrisis Core, Basch from XII, Auron from X, are designs that IMO would be better suited as main characters rather than background or supporting. I'm saying their approach in design is all wrong. their coolest characters were always supporting/background and i'm tired of the misogynist girly lead who usually have a whiny or happy-go-lucky complex.
---
#20PangLaPosted 2/18/2013 2:45:36 PM(edited)
RemakeMe posted...
SubSeenix posted...
This game will still sell the same amount.
It would probably even sell less if they change Noctis.His style is one of the biggest eyecatchers.
The Westbros don't care anyway - They want bald space marines with guns and no J-RPGs.
The people who are interested in that game like or don't care how Noctis looks.

the same amount? They are suppose to sell more, this game has been under development for a long time. Selling the same amount is more appropriate when they could have released 2 major final fantasy games by now.

Also, the same amount appose to what? The dudebros dont play this game because the games are dated, many of my dudebro friends use to play FF back then. Now this series fell of so hard.

Also look at characters from Japanese Developers like Snake or Leon Kennedy/Chris Redfield....those games sell particularly well both in Western and Japanese audiences...you don't need to design your characters after a jpop idols who are laughed at by the west.

This is a JRPGs we're talking about. They would have to change way more than just the character design to appear to those "dudebros". I rather they keep it the same, I don't want another DMC/RE6 controversy here.