This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IF SquareEnix is smart then Noctis needs a redesign.

#21DaggeraxePosted 2/18/2013 1:47:01 PM
I'm glad Japan isn't as obsessed with ULTRA REALISM like the West is, the world would be a pretty boring place otherwise.
#22RemakeMe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:48:38 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
RemakeMe posted...

Funny, if we are talking bout shallow and ignorant then Japan is a much more xenophobic/ignorant/shallow/picky/arrogant country than the US. Get your head out of your ass.

lmao what?

Wanna try that again after you actually know what America is like?

Yeah, i know what America is like, but at least ignorant bigot people are honest while the racists and ignorant Japanese will lie to your face....also there are tons of places in Japan that won't serve Americans.
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#23LaventorPosted 2/18/2013 1:49:14 PM
RemakeMe posted...
Ok, i'm wording it wrong, many weeaboos here seem to think they should be more like Marcus Pheonix or Soap McTavish. What i'm saying is they should look less like a girl and more like a man?

Angeal from Chrisis Core, Basch from XII, Auron from X, are designs that IMO would be better suited as main characters rather than background or supporting. I'm saying their approach in design is all wrong. their coolest characters were always supporting/background and i'm tired of the misogynist girly lead who usually have a whiny or happy-go-lucky complex.

Don't play (most) JRPG's. They aren't for you.

Daggeraxe posted...
I'm glad Japan isn't as obsessed with ULTRA REALISM like the West is, the world would be a pretty boring place otherwise.

Indeed :)
#24majin nemesisPosted 2/18/2013 1:49:20 PM
RemakeMe posted...
They cant afford to not appeal to weeaboos and Japanese audience only. They spent too much time on this game to appeal to niche groups.

The Wolf cut is a dated jpop style that never caught on outside of females in the west, even then it was never big and for good reason, it looks absolutely stupid.

If they want to sell to a wider appeal then the main character needs to look "normal" not be covered in buckles and not look like a bottom boy who is trying to be a hip jpop singer.

To me, i think the best fix is just give him a normal haircut....easy fix, if i had it my way i would give him a complete overhaul and be a good balance between western and Japanese troupes. I think a good example is Leon Kennedy or DMC4 Dante.

Noctis looks cool so if you don't like it then too bad also i do not want characters to look normal i'm tired of ultra realistic crap
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#25RemakeMe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:51:19 PM
Laventor posted...
RemakeMe posted...
Ok, i'm wording it wrong, many weeaboos here seem to think they should be more like Marcus Pheonix or Soap McTavish. What i'm saying is they should look less like a girl and more like a man?

Angeal from Chrisis Core, Basch from XII, Auron from X, are designs that IMO would be better suited as main characters rather than background or supporting. I'm saying their approach in design is all wrong. their coolest characters were always supporting/background and i'm tired of the misogynist girly lead who usually have a whiny or happy-go-lucky complex.

Don't play (most) JRPG's. They aren't for you.

Daggeraxe posted...

Indeed :)

Yep, truly wise words, i guess it's allright to spend 10 years on a game and only appeal to niche japanophiles. All hail glorious nippon
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#26A_Nonny_MoosePosted 2/18/2013 1:52:18 PM(edited)
From: majin nemesis | Posted: 2/18/2013 9:49:20 PM | #024
RemakeMe posted...
They cant afford to not appeal to weeaboos and Japanese audience only. They spent too much time on this game to appeal to niche groups.

The Wolf cut is a dated jpop style that never caught on outside of females in the west, even then it was never big and for good reason, it looks absolutely stupid.

If they want to sell to a wider appeal then the main character needs to look "normal" not be covered in buckles and not look like a bottom boy who is trying to be a hip jpop singer.

To me, i think the best fix is just give him a normal haircut....easy fix, if i had it my way i would give him a complete overhaul and be a good balance between western and Japanese troupes. I think a good example is Leon Kennedy or DMC4 Dante.

Noctis looks cool so if you don't like it then too bad also i do not want characters to look normal i'm tired of ultra realistic crap

Ultrarealistic crap like DMC4 Dante?
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#27SigmaHacielPosted 2/18/2013 1:52:19 PM
RemakeMe posted...

Yep, truly wise words, i guess it's allright to spend 10 years on a game and only appeal to niche japanophiles. All hail glorious nippon

When has any game that has westernized themselves done actually WELL?

Oh right.
#28RemakeMe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:52:32 PM
majin nemesis posted...
RemakeMe posted...

Lol, looks cool...i'd like to see you pull that off and think to yourself how cool you look as people laugh at you.
---
#29justchill433Posted 2/18/2013 1:53:20 PM
SubSeenix posted...
This game will still sell the same amount.
It would probably even sell less if they change Noctis.His style is one of the biggest eyecatchers.
The Westbros don't care anyway - They want bald space marines with guns and no J-RPGs.
The people who are interested in that game like or don't care how Noctis looks.

the same amount? They are suppose to sell more, this game has been under development for a long time. Selling the same amount is more appropriate when they could have released 2 major final fantasy games by now.

Also, the same amount appose to what? The dudebros dont play this game because the games are dated, many of my dudebro friends use to play FF back then. Now this series fell of so hard.

Also look at characters from Japanese Developers like Snake or Leon Kennedy/Chris Redfield....those games sell particularly well both in Western and Japanese audiences...you don't need to design your characters after a jpop idols who are laughed at by the west.

Imagine if WESTERN games they modeled Nathan Drake / Commander Shepperd / Insert COD main here and design them after Justin Beiber and Robert Patterson? You think pew pew is all the dude bros need for them to buy a game? No character design matters. And SquareEnix needs to find a middle ground that appeals to both West and East audiences

Bahahahaha, I stopped reading when you mentioned Leon. Emo long hair over the eye says hi.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#30RemakeMe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:53:36 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
RemakeMe posted...

When has any game that has westernized themselves done actually WELL?

Oh right.

Metal Gear games has done pretty well in in both audiences?
---