This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IF SquareEnix is smart then Noctis needs a redesign.

#31FulvipPosted 2/18/2013 2:53:59 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
RemakeMe posted...

Yep, truly wise words, i guess it's allright to spend 10 years on a game and only appeal to niche japanophiles. All hail glorious nippon

When has any game that has westernized themselves done actually WELL?

Oh right.

DmC is that game and proof that Tammem is a god of modern storytelling.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#32SigmaHacielPosted 2/18/2013 2:55:49 PM
Fulvip posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
RemakeMe posted...

Yep, truly wise words, i guess it's allright to spend 10 years on a game and only appeal to niche japanophiles. All hail glorious nippon

Oh right.

Excuse me while I go find that clown from IT to laugh at you.
#33majin nemesisPosted 2/18/2013 2:57:47 PM
RemakeMe posted...
majin nemesis posted...
RemakeMe posted...
They cant afford to not appeal to weeaboos and Japanese audience only. They spent too much time on this game to appeal to niche groups.

The Wolf cut is a dated jpop style that never caught on outside of females in the west, even then it was never big and for good reason, it looks absolutely stupid.

If they want to sell to a wider appeal then the main character needs to look "normal" not be covered in buckles and not look like a bottom boy who is trying to be a hip jpop singer.

To me, i think the best fix is just give him a normal haircut....easy fix, if i had it my way i would give him a complete overhaul and be a good balance between western and Japanese troupes. I think a good example is Leon Kennedy or DMC4 Dante.

Noctis looks cool so if you don't like it then too bad also i do not want characters to look normal i'm tired of ultra realistic crap

Lol, looks cool...i'd like to see you pull that off and think to yourself how cool you look as people laugh at you.

games=/=real life but it would stiil look cool
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#34LaventorPosted 2/18/2013 2:57:55 PM
RemakeMe posted...

Wise words indeed. They are for you specifically, not for the rest of the world. When did Final Fantasy become a niche series anyway? Do tell why the West still jumps for a Final Fantasy VII remake if it is? Do you find that Cloud needs a redesign in that case and perhaps a more realistic sword while we're at it to actually make it succesful? After all it needs to be more realistic to appeal to the Western audience, and the Buster Sword isn't exactly realistic.
#35justchill433Posted 2/18/2013 2:59:22 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
RemakeMe posted...

Oh right.

Metal Gear games has done pretty well in in both audiences?

They aren't westernized? If anything the games have only become more Easternized (more popular now than ever too). Kinda proves your theory wrong.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#36RemakeMe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:59:28 PM
justchill433 posted...
SubSeenix posted...
This game will still sell the same amount.
It would probably even sell less if they change Noctis.His style is one of the biggest eyecatchers.
The Westbros don't care anyway - They want bald space marines with guns and no J-RPGs.
The people who are interested in that game like or don't care how Noctis looks.

the same amount? They are suppose to sell more, this game has been under development for a long time. Selling the same amount is more appropriate when they could have released 2 major final fantasy games by now.

Also, the same amount appose to what? The dudebros dont play this game because the games are dated, many of my dudebro friends use to play FF back then. Now this series fell of so hard.

Also look at characters from Japanese Developers like Snake or Leon Kennedy/Chris Redfield....those games sell particularly well both in Western and Japanese audiences...you don't need to design your characters after a jpop idols who are laughed at by the west.

Imagine if WESTERN games they modeled Nathan Drake / Commander Shepperd / Insert COD main here and design them after Justin Beiber and Robert Patterson? You think pew pew is all the dude bros need for them to buy a game? No character design matters. And SquareEnix needs to find a middle ground that appeals to both West and East audiences

Bahahahaha, I stopped reading when you mentioned Leon. Emo long hair over the eye says hi.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/037/b/3/picture_quote__jaime_lannister_by_selina523-d4otvl8.png

yeah, so emo, lol....what were u born in the mid 90's? That haircut has been around for centuries... I guess since tho you are probably a tween growing up in the MTV era where MTV doesn't even play music videos anymore then i guess you idea of emo is probably a bit skewed.
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#37Lelouch71Posted 2/18/2013 3:00:58 PM
I actually like Noctis designs even though he looks like Sasuke and Haseo. I'm glad Nomura and SE won't be listening to you.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#38FulvipPosted 2/18/2013 3:01:18 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
Fulvip posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
RemakeMe posted...

Oh right.

Excuse me while I go find that clown from IT to laugh at you.

Today you laugh, tomorrow you see the franchise rise from the ashes left behind by Nero. How fitting.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#39SigmaHacielPosted 2/18/2013 3:03:13 PM
Fulvip posted...

Today you laugh, tomorrow you see the franchise rise from the ashes left behind by Nero. How fitting.

And then I'll figure out that me crapping out a jewel-encrusted pile is more likely to happen.
#40RemakeMe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 3:03:25 PM
justchill433 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
RemakeMe posted...

Oh right.

Metal Gear games has done pretty well in in both audiences?

They aren't westernized? If anything the games have only become more Easternized (more popular now than ever too). Kinda proves your theory wrong.

Lol what? A game where a main character has a beard/mullet/mustache based on Western culture and history is Easternized?

The game has western influences and pop culture reference nearly all having to do with western media and history. So there are some stylized action sequences but that doesnt make it some super easternized game.
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.