This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IF SquareEnix is smart then Noctis needs a redesign.

#41justchill433Posted 2/18/2013 2:04:35 PM
justchill433 posted...
SubSeenix posted...
This game will still sell the same amount.
It would probably even sell less if they change Noctis.His style is one of the biggest eyecatchers.
The Westbros don't care anyway - They want bald space marines with guns and no J-RPGs.
The people who are interested in that game like or don't care how Noctis looks.

the same amount? They are suppose to sell more, this game has been under development for a long time. Selling the same amount is more appropriate when they could have released 2 major final fantasy games by now.

Also, the same amount appose to what? The dudebros dont play this game because the games are dated, many of my dudebro friends use to play FF back then. Now this series fell of so hard.

Also look at characters from Japanese Developers like Snake or Leon Kennedy/Chris Redfield....those games sell particularly well both in Western and Japanese audiences...you don't need to design your characters after a jpop idols who are laughed at by the west.

Imagine if WESTERN games they modeled Nathan Drake / Commander Shepperd / Insert COD main here and design them after Justin Beiber and Robert Patterson? You think pew pew is all the dude bros need for them to buy a game? No character design matters. And SquareEnix needs to find a middle ground that appeals to both West and East audiences

Bahahahaha, I stopped reading when you mentioned Leon. Emo long hair over the eye says hi.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/037/b/3/picture_quote__jaime_lannister_by_selina523-d4otvl8.png

yeah, so emo, lol....what were u born in the mid 90's? That haircut has been around for centuries... I guess since tho you are probably a tween growing up in the MTV era where MTV doesn't even play music videos anymore then i guess you idea of emo is probably a bit skewed.

How is that picture of Jaime Lannister even remotely similar to Leon?

http://www.badhaven.com/film/film-news/resident-evil-retribution-leon-kennnedy-set-vid/

Seriously, two completely different hair styles. It's common in emo hairstyles to brush your hair over one eye.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#42RemakeMe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:06:06 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
I actually like Noctis designs even though he looks like Sasuke and Haseo. I'm glad Nomura and SE won't be listening to you.

Considering you use say he looks like (insert anime character here) I'm not surprised.
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#43SigmaHacielPosted 2/18/2013 2:06:48 PM
RemakeMe posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
I actually like Noctis designs even though he looks like Sasuke and Haseo. I'm glad Nomura and SE won't be listening to you.

Considering you use say he looks like (insert anime character here) I'm not surprised.

We ALL get that you are a dudebro. You can stop. You have your own RPGs.
#44PangLaPosted 2/18/2013 2:07:36 PM
RemakeMe posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
RemakeMe posted...

Yep, truly wise words, i guess it's allright to spend 10 years on a game and only appeal to niche japanophiles. All hail glorious nippon

When has any game that has westernized themselves done actually WELL?

Oh right.

Metal Gear games has done pretty well in in both audiences?

Metal Gear Solid has been made for Western audience in mind since the beginning.
#45DaggeraxePosted 2/18/2013 2:09:13 PM
Hey, at least they dress normally and have natural hair color. It could've been a lot worse.
#46justchill433Posted 2/18/2013 2:10:21 PM
justchill433 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
RemakeMe posted...

Yep, truly wise words, i guess it's allright to spend 10 years on a game and only appeal to niche japanophiles. All hail glorious nippon

When has any game that has westernized themselves done actually WELL?

Oh right.

Metal Gear games has done pretty well in in both audiences?

They aren't westernized? If anything the games have only become more Easternized (more popular now than ever too). Kinda proves your theory wrong.

Lol what? A game where a main character has a beard/mullet/mustache based on Western culture and history is Easternized?

The game has western influences and pop culture reference nearly all having to do with western media and history. So there are some stylized action sequences but that doesnt make it some super easternized game.

Yes, because tanks that walk on two legs that moo, ninja cyborgs, and giant robots shooting nukes totally screams western.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#47RemakeMe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:10:31 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
RemakeMe posted...
Lelouch71 posted...

Is dudebro suppose to be an insult? SquareEnix is falling off hard, if you are okay with it being a sinking ship whatever.
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#48SigmaHacielPosted 2/18/2013 2:11:21 PM
RemakeMe posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
RemakeMe posted...
Lelouch71 posted...

Is dudebro suppose to be an insult? SquareEnix is falling off hard, if you are okay with it being a sinking ship whatever.

To who?

SE is making games for the people who've BEEN their audience.

Who the HELL cares about the people outside that audience. You cannot have the whole cake.
#49RemakeMe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:17:12 PM(edited)
SigmaHaciel posted...
RemakeMe posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
RemakeMe posted...
Lelouch71 posted...

To who?

SE is making games for the people who've BEEN their audience.

Who the HELL cares about the people outside that audience. You cannot have the whole cake.

You realize a lot of people jumping ship were fans of Square including me? Their audience is abandoning them as well they need to find a way to appeal to everyone. But i digress, i say everyone, and you people hear west only. I guess weeaboo is strong here.
---
#50SigmaHacielPosted 2/18/2013 2:16:28 PM
RemakeMe posted...

You realize a lot of people jump ship were fans of Square including me? Their audience is abandoning them as well.

Define "alot".

You and the dudebros?

Even FF13 has fans.