This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Black screen on HDMI - is it my TV? Please help!

#11archizzyPosted 2/18/2013 3:21:38 PM
ThaiNoodles posted...
Sounds like a bad hdmi port on your tv. Component is better than the composite, but not anywhere near as good as hdmi IMO.

Component cables are just as capable as HDMI cables when it comes to video quality. While there are many different factors that can come into play that impact the final picture the cable in and of itself is on par with HDMI for video quality.

The outcome will be different on every system on which is better or if they are equal.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#12Ocelot Rising(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 3:24:29 PM
NettoSaito posted...
To make stuff up on the screen it takes about a minute of holding to switch over to HDMI.

Huh? You mean I have to hold the button down for a minute? Or just wait for a minute? Or what?
---
kozublue
#13bigtiggie23Posted 2/18/2013 3:27:50 PM
My HDTV gives me a black screen when I start up games. I just quickly turn the TV off and back on and it shows the picture fine.
---
Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta.
#14brycemorrPosted 2/18/2013 3:36:23 PM
Ocelot Rising posted...
NettoSaito posted...
To make stuff up on the screen it takes about a minute of holding to switch over to HDMI.

Huh? You mean I have to hold the button down for a minute? Or just wait for a minute? Or what?

You have to hold the button until it shows up on the TV.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#15Ocelot Rising(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 4:00:49 PM
brycemorr posted...

You have to hold the button until it shows up on the TV.

So I should hold it down beyond the second beep for a minute plus? That's the first I've read that I need to hold it past the second beep. I'll give it a go.
---
kozublue
#16Ocelot Rising(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 9:13:40 AM(edited)
Tried everything in this topic - and for the record, continuing to hold down the power button much beyond the second beep just turns it off again!

Anyway, I've ordered a composite cable... hopefully that will work and I can get a decent picture quality going on.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and help. It's greatly appreciated!

---
kozublue
#17archizzyPosted 2/19/2013 9:45:24 AM
Ocelot Rising posted...
Tried everything in this topic - and for the record, continuing to hold down the power button much beyond the second beep just turns it off again!

Anyway, I've ordered a composite cable... hopefully that will work and I can get a decent picture quality going on.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and help. It's greatly appreciated!

Hopefully you wrote the wrong word and meant component, not composite.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#18Ocelot Rising(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 3:15:55 PM(edited)
Haha yes, I meant component. Those two words are too damn similar!

---
kozublue