This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cloud gaming = No graphical limits

#1jaymart_2kPosted 2/18/2013 4:48:51 PM
This PS4 will last forever.

But no they only allow PS3 titles.
---
(Xbox Live GT) jaymart 4point0 (PSN) jaymart_ 2k (Twitter) jaymart2k (Nintendo ID) JayMart
#2CooperRCPosted 2/18/2013 4:49:59 PM
Ah crap...my Internet limit for the month ran out before the end of the month.....thus Cloud = Crap.
#3Dr4G0nZPosted 2/18/2013 4:52:38 PM
Psh, bandwidth is a thing of the past!
#4Raptor715Posted 2/18/2013 4:53:57 PM
CooperRC posted...
Ah crap...my Internet limit for the month ran out before the end of the month.....thus Cloud = Crap.
Geez it's 2013 what the hell do you have?
---
PSN/GT Mythodix
#5RyuuHou25Posted 2/18/2013 4:54:14 PM
I still love how everyone thinks just because it's streaming the games, doesn't mean your console or whatever doesn't need the power to run it properly. It doesn't need as MUCH, this is true, but it still NEEDS power.

Go try streaming 1080p videos onto a computer from 15 years ago with technology equivalent to that time period, let me know if you still think that.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#6ozranPosted 2/18/2013 4:55:11 PM
No bandwidth is not a thing of the past.

There are still several internet companies that employ data caps

Thus The Cloud= stupid idea for BC
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#7JahkeemyorkPosted 2/18/2013 4:56:02 PM(edited)
jaymart_2k posted...
This PS4 will last forever.

But no they only allow PS3 titles.

PS4 online required? no thx I'm happy they didn't do that
#8BriankblPosted 2/18/2013 4:57:37 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
I still love how everyone thinks just because it's streaming the games, doesn't mean your console or whatever doesn't need the power to run it properly. It doesn't need as MUCH, this is true, but it still NEEDS power.

Go try streaming 1080p videos onto a computer from 15 years ago with technology equivalent to that time period, let me know if you still think that.

My smartphone (Droid DNA) plays high end games via Onlive just fine.
---
"A game's worth is not measured by it's replay-value, nor it's length, but by the quality of the experience you had while playing."
#9Dr4G0nZPosted 2/18/2013 4:57:54 PM
Nah, I do agree with what people are saying. A company did try this before -- I can't remember what they were called... OnLive? They seem to have flopped, though. Haven't heard much from them. I think the issue was mostly latency, or cost of service. Not sure entirely.

Well, they still seem to be up, so you can probably check out their site and see what they've been doing.
#10RyuuHou25Posted 2/18/2013 4:59:10 PM
Briankbl posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

My smartphone (Droid DNA) plays high end games via Onlive just fine.

Your phone has power. Good job on missing the point I was replying to.

Cloud gaming does not equate to no graphical limits, there are still limits depending on what you're streaming it TO.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB