This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cloud gaming = No graphical limits

#41Godly_GoofPosted 2/18/2013 8:45:35 PM
Nicodimus posted...
Jahkeemyork posted...
jaymart_2k posted...
This PS4 will last forever.

But no they only allow PS3 titles.

PS4 online required? no thx I'm happy they didn't do that

I'm sorry to inform you, but it's likely PS4 will require a stable Internet connection at all times.

If that's true, Sony will have shot its own leg off. Many consumers will not tolerate it.

Well it'd be profoundly stupid. Why would you need the Internet just to play a disc game? A single player disc game.

What do Sony think they're Blizzard or something? (looking at you D3)
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#42RyuuHou25Posted 2/18/2013 8:47:07 PM
king_madden posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
"The TC was obviously using hyperbole in the first post. Nothing to get all worked up over.

I didn't indicate that you compared a current console to anything. I asked what relevance your 15 year old PC example has to do with current consoles. Please learn to read what I TYPE, not what you THINK I'm typing."

You're giving the TC too much credit.

And I said nothing about current consoles anywhere, my comment was on people thinking steaming in GENERAL does not require power.

So, again, learn to read what I SAY.

so your comment wasnt about current consoles, next gen consoles, or anything dealing with consoles, so what was the point of saying it?

have you seen anyone here say streaming doesnt need power? it seems the only thing being said is that it would be interesting on the next console, so where does your comment fit in at, if you werent even talking about consoles then your comment was off topic. smartphones can do it, old pc's can do it, consoles could do it. we know it requires "power"/

everything needs power.

"Cloud gaming = No graphical limits"

Yet again, does nobody read topic titles anymore......
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#43archizzyPosted 2/18/2013 9:02:24 PM
faris_ruhi posted...

Regular internet that's what. And no it's not a thing of the past.

In fact, I wish it was the past, like 3 years ago, before more and more companies started implementing limits. Even though my connection was about a quarter of the speed back then, there were no bandwidth limits. Much rather have that than this.

And A LOT of people are in the same situation I'm in. As time goes on, more and more ISPs are implementing smaller bandwidth caps. This is exactly the reason why I say that a digital-only console is still way off into the future (and anyone who does release one soon, will cause the death of their console). Until ISPs get that stick out of their ass, we won't get anything like that.

That is the reason why I'm not too excited about cloud gaming either.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist but the US is known for having a poor infrastructure compared to most of the world and I live in nowhere Iowa in the middle of a bunch of farmland.

I have regular internet. I pay $45 for a month and pay for 20mb download though I regularly pull 35 to 50 all the time with no cap restrictions at all.

Granted my upload sucks at like 2mb because Mediacom straight up doesn't seem to care about upload but my ping and download are quite good.

It makes me wonder if I live out in the middle of nowhere, farmland USA and it isn't an issue here I wonder globally how big of an issue is it really.

Again, not making light of it or saying "if it doesn't impact me I don't care" It just makes me think if my tiny podunk town doesn't have an issue I can't imagine it being a widespread issue.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#44Rainy_David1Posted 2/18/2013 9:13:45 PM
archizzy posted...
faris_ruhi posted...

Regular internet that's what. And no it's not a thing of the past.

In fact, I wish it was the past, like 3 years ago, before more and more companies started implementing limits. Even though my connection was about a quarter of the speed back then, there were no bandwidth limits. Much rather have that than this.

And A LOT of people are in the same situation I'm in. As time goes on, more and more ISPs are implementing smaller bandwidth caps. This is exactly the reason why I say that a digital-only console is still way off into the future (and anyone who does release one soon, will cause the death of their console). Until ISPs get that stick out of their ass, we won't get anything like that.

That is the reason why I'm not too excited about cloud gaming either.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist but the US is known for having a poor infrastructure compared to most of the world and I live in nowhere Iowa in the middle of a bunch of farmland.

I have regular internet. I pay $45 for a month and pay for 20mb download though I regularly pull 35 to 50 all the time with no cap restrictions at all.

Granted my upload sucks at like 2mb because Mediacom straight up doesn't seem to care about upload but my ping and download are quite good.

It makes me wonder if I live out in the middle of nowhere, farmland USA and it isn't an issue here I wonder globally how big of an issue is it really.

Again, not making light of it or saying "if it doesn't impact me I don't care" It just makes me think if my tiny podunk town doesn't have an issue I can't imagine it being a widespread issue.

It's not necessarily about where you live, but what companies are available to you. This is a big problem with living in Canada. I pay over $50 a month and get less than 10mb download, and have a bandwidth cap.
#45archizzyPosted 2/18/2013 9:21:49 PM
Rainy_David1 posted...

It's not necessarily about where you live, but what companies are available to you. This is a big problem with living in Canada. I pay over $50 a month and get less than 10mb download, and have a bandwidth cap.

Yeah it seems a lot of Canadian users on here seem to get the short end of the stick. As far as US goes though it always surprises me to see people with such poor Internet as I honestly always thought Mediacom was "meh" compared to good stuff.

I have so many friends with Fios and top tier stuff that I always viewed my net as very average yet it seems the more it comes up I always have way better stuff compared to most of the posters in the topic.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#46CooperRCPosted 2/19/2013 4:27:28 PM(edited)
archizzy posted...
Rainy_David1 posted...

Yeah it seems a lot of Canadian users on here seem to get the short end of the stick. As far as US goes though it always surprises me to see people with such poor Internet as I honestly always thought Mediacom was "meh" compared to good stuff.

I have so many friends with Fios and top tier stuff that I always viewed my net as very average yet it seems the more it comes up I always have way better stuff compared to most of the posters in the topic.

FIOS does not have a bandwidth cap, but they will probably add one eventually as more and more bandwidth is taken up by streaming. However, the Verizon ToS stills applies which allows them to throttle you if you are using excessive net traffic or appear to be doing "suspicious" activity. They actually start monitoring your network traffic if you have high usage. Verizon is part of a list of Internet providers that will throttle you if someone notifies them that your IP address is downloading illegal copyrighted material (see information on the Copyright Alert System).