This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is ballad of gay tony worth getting?

#1Honey-BoyPosted 2/19/2013 12:43:03 AM
i didn't particularly like gta4, i found it slow and boring.
i do however love the hell outta vice city and i rank it in my top 10 ps2 games of all time.

this is due to the era, music and style of the game. (80's rule)

from what i hear, gay tony is more like that.

can i get some feedback?
---
~choose death~
#2Honey-Boy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 12:47:05 AM
things i am looking for-

a sleek and dazzeling soundtrack
more precise guns
fast and sleek cars
nightlife
lots of drugs
ultraviolence

you know, the staples of the 1980's.
---
~choose death~
#3Thermador446Posted 2/19/2013 12:56:23 AM
The gameplay on BoGT is what GTA4 should have been. Much better than the regular game.
I can't blame you for finding the regular game slow & boring, it actually is.
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#4WantedOutlawPosted 2/19/2013 12:58:22 AM
The disc versions, GTA IV The Complete Edition and the standalone Episodes of Liberty City, have Vice City FM that are exclusive to the disc version. If you just buy the downloadable DLC episode it's not included. It has Fernando back from Vice City as the DJ and a bunch of 80's music. That alone made it worth a buy for me.

Gay Tony was pretty good. I couldn't stand the main GTA IV game either. Found it boring as hell and hated the characters but the DLC Episodes, especially Gay Tony, were good and brought back a lot of the fun from the PS2 games.
#5HoosierGuy88Posted 2/19/2013 1:01:46 AM
Well I loved GTA IV before the DLC but Ballad of Gay Tony definitely spiced things up. The missions were a lot more unique plus there's the Noose APC which is just loads of fun to play around with.
#6Honey-Boy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:03:48 AM
are there any hidden packages to speak of?

what kind of side stuff can i expect?
---
~choose death~
#7Thermador446Posted 2/19/2013 1:05:34 AM
Honey-Boy posted...

It's been a while, but I Remember being able to replay missions & getting scored on the results. 1st for a GTA game
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#8HoosierGuy88Posted 2/19/2013 1:08:27 AM
Honey-Boy posted...

There are seagulls that you have to find and shoot, similar to the pigeons in the main game. If you shoot them all you get access to an APC.
#9Honey-Boy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:09:57 AM
HoosierGuy88 posted...
Honey-Boy posted...

There are seagulls that you have to find and shoot, similar to the pigeons in the main game. If you shoot them all you get access to an APC.

how about side stuff?

will npcs annoy me with cell calls?
---
~choose death~
#10SuperrpgmanPosted 2/19/2013 1:17:15 AM
Thermador446 posted...
The gameplay on BoGT is what GTA4 should have been. Much better than the regular game.
I can't blame you for finding the regular game slow & boring, it actually is.

Yeah, I agree. I mean characters with three dimensional personalites, and enemies with intelligent AI is so slow and boring.

Just skip the series, and play Saint's Row 3. Sure, it's as repetitive as it gets, and the dialogue and characters are insultingly stupid, but it certainly is faster, and more over the top! Waht's more, you have to buy DLC to actually finish the game. Isn't that cool?!!!!!

Seriously, if you think GTAIV is slow and boring, then you have the attention span of a goldfish! I can understand not wanting to play a turn based rpg or whatever, but if there's not enough intensity in gtaiv for you, it's not the game's fault for not appealing to the lowest common denominator.
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill