This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Theoretical: If Versus 13 is a PS4 launch title..

#1test_genisisPosted 2/19/2013 2:23:12 AM
Will it be the single biggest "System Seller" exclusive at a launch of all time?

Will it be exactly what Sony needs to come out of the gate swinging or will it be a huge betrayal by square and Sony and a bad move on their part?

What do you guys think?
---
Gamertag: SecondWind92
PSN: twitch440
#2andsoitendsPosted 2/19/2013 2:37:33 AM
I don't think there's ever been a FF game as a launch title for any system, as far as I can remember. That being said, if Versus is a launch title for PS4, it will be a day one purchase for me : )
---
and to think ill be 25 this year.....ugh god, i just dont even care anymore imma spend my time playing skyrim - Spike, on being a virgin
#3Alky88Posted 2/19/2013 2:41:06 AM
How can it be considered a betrayal?
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#4Junpei_StupeiPosted 2/19/2013 2:54:49 AM(edited)
I guess Sony will realize that they need Square-Enix in order to be successful.

Their Final Fantasy games are the system sellers of their consoles along with Metal Gear.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#5matt091282Posted 2/19/2013 2:43:34 AM
Alky88 posted...
How can it be considered a betrayal?

Because it was meant to be a PS3 exclusive.
#6LeagultPosted 2/19/2013 3:03:55 AM
test_genisis posted...
Will it be the single biggest "System Seller" exclusive at a launch of all time?

Will it be exactly what Sony needs to come out of the gate swinging or will it be a huge betrayal by square and Sony and a bad move on their part?

What do you guys think?

It's really SE's fault for making 2 sequels to 13 and not working on v13.
#7VunksPosted 2/19/2013 3:06:12 AM
The game bombs because there isn't a big enough base for it and square loses a lot of money.
#8andsoitendsPosted 2/19/2013 3:17:38 AM
I wish Square would go near bankrupt, so they can finally cash in their FFVII Remake trump card! They would practically be the Federal Reserve themselves, just printing money lol.
---
and to think ill be 25 this year.....ugh god, i just dont even care anymore imma spend my time playing skyrim - Spike, on being a virgin
#9LeagultPosted 2/19/2013 3:33:05 AM
andsoitends posted...
I wish Square would go near bankrupt, so they can finally cash in their FFVII Remake trump card! They would practically be the Federal Reserve themselves, just printing money lol.

If they go near bankrupt, they won't have money to make an FF7 remake.
#10GensokyoPosted 2/19/2013 3:38:11 AM(edited)
It would be a good thing for Sony, having an anticipated launch game like that helping them sell more PS4's. But Square would not only loose sales due to a lot more people already having the PS3's they're expecting the game to be released for, but they'll also create a huge amount of rage and hate against themselves for having people wait for the game for so long, only to tell them they'll have to buy an entirely new console to finally be able to play it.
After all, this game was announced at the beginning of the PS3's life cycle.