This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Theoretical: If Versus 13 is a PS4 launch title..

#31KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/19/2013 1:04:50 PM
I would give my left testicle for a PS4 at launch if FFvrsXIII is announced as a launch title.

Well... not really but you see what I'm getting at. To answer your question it would instantly become the best launch ever for me personally if an FF game is announced as a launch title.
---
PLAYING - Minecraft (360), DmC (PC), ZombiU (WU), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#32pokemon_45_79_1Posted 2/19/2013 1:08:39 PM(edited)
Also by SE doing this it shows they want Sony to be the winner again, is the cost worth moving it with a smaller install base.

I think it will hurt them more then help them.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#33docholliday504Posted 2/19/2013 1:11:55 PM(edited)
RoxasANobody posted...
docholliday504 posted...
No. XIII-2 sold about 2 million copies. That's a ballpark figure as to how many people are still interested in Versus...probably less given the lukewarm reception for XIII-2. I don't know I'd consider < 2million a "system seller".

Lukewarm reception? Nearly everyone I've seen said it was a phenomenal improvement over the original game. If anything, it was because XIII got a lukewarm reception that XIII-2 and XIII-3 exist.

Well let me be the first to tell you that I felt XIII-2 sucked compared to XIII (which was a mediocre Final Fantasy game to begin with). XIII, at the very least, had some decently compelling characters (Hope Aside). In XIII-2, they were traded in for 2 of the most aggravatingly annoying protagonists in the history of the series.

Subjectivity aside, the fact that the game only sold a fraction of what its predecessor did should be evidence enough that the game's reception was "lukewarm." Sequels that sell 25% of the previous games sales are not traditionally seen as rousing successes.
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Halo 4, Resident Evil 6, Persona 3