This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New to the PS3, what are some great hidden gems?

#21BambooPandamoPosted 2/19/2013 7:47:20 AM
TehAssasin posted...
BambooPandamo posted...
Ignore every single person who said Tales of Graces F, it's cringeworthy bad.

Ignore this guy. Tales of Graces F is great, especially if you are looking for a JRPG title.

Ignore this fellow.

UGUU NIISAN AM I KAWAII = Tales of Graces F.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/ChibiMrBubbles.png
http://steamcommunity.com/id/MisterBubbles
#22xanketsuPosted 2/19/2013 8:02:01 AM
GradyHoover posted...
xanketsu posted...
@TC

I prefer the first. The second has more polished mechanic, though.
"Will it be okay to jump straight to 2nd?"
While you won't miss anything major story-wise, the first and the second each has different feel. Detroit vs. New Orleans.

I can safely say that I don't understand this statement... you will definitely miss major stuff story-wise.

Been away too long from playing it to remember it correctly, LOL.
Yes, on second thought, Infamous 2 is a direct continuation from the first, storywise.

I think what I was trying to say is, Infamous 2 story & presentation has a different feel, so it is somehow acceptable not to play Infamous 1 first. Just like watching a second season of a TV show, skipping the first season entirely (which is sometimes wiser timewise due to various reasons). Maybe I didn't care enough for Infamous 2 story, LOL.

However, if I have to choose, I'll choose Infamous 1. So that somehow renders the whole point above moot XD
---
I'm learning English.
#23imsalingawayPosted 2/19/2013 8:07:59 AM
Bayonetta
Darksiders
Ni No Kuni
Batman: Arkham Asylum

These are the games I've enjoyed the most this generation. Three action games and an RPG. I also have high hopes for Tales of Graces F.
#24imsalingawayPosted 2/19/2013 8:09:25 AM
imsalingaway posted...
Bayonetta
Darksiders
Ni No Kuni
Batman: Arkham Asylum

These are the games I've enjoyed the most this generation. Three action games and an RPG. I also have high hopes for Tales of Graces F.

Oh you can also get Bioshock 1+2 plus all the DLC in a pack right now. Cheap. Great couple of games.
#25AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/19/2013 8:12:05 AM
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

You have to buy it, man.
#26theshovellerPosted 2/19/2013 8:16:02 AM
AwesomePS3gamer posted...
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

You have to buy it, man.

Yeah, it's pretty good, but make sure you keep in mind it's a reboot, not a new entry in the series. I made that mistake and gave it a bit more hate than I should have by the time it ended.
#27Cecil255Posted 2/19/2013 8:22:57 AM
You might like Valkyria Chronicles. For better or worse it doesn't have trophies.

I recommend trying out the demo for Rainbow Moon. It's a tactical RPG, but a humble game that does a lot right. Looks pretty and I experienced a simple, pure joy when I played it.
#28kingstagPosted 2/19/2013 8:23:30 AM
I'm surprised nobody has recommend Demon's Souls yet.

One of the best PS3 exclusives this gen. and it's got Action, RPG/JRPG, Horror, and Adventure.

Dark Souls is great too if you didn't play that on your Xbox.
#29RaisinBizzlePosted 2/19/2013 8:31:50 AM
3d dot game heroes
---
Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.
#30theshovellerPosted 2/19/2013 8:35:43 AM
RaisinBizzle posted...
3d dot game heroes

Forgot about that game. Really fun, even just making your own characters to play as. I've seen some really cool sprites come out of that game's creator - saw someone make old-school NES Link, someone made Jason and SOPHIA 3rd from Blaster Master, and I made my main character from Champions as my own guy (had to modify the colors a bit though.)