This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are we ready for a new console?

#1AndehPandyPosted 2/19/2013 9:20:42 AM
I was talking with my brother about how the PS4 is going to be announced soon. He said that he doesn't think it's time for a new console yet and he'll probably stay within this Gen a little longer before he buys a new console.

What do you guys think? Agree? Or Disagree?
#2pokemon_45_79_1Posted 2/19/2013 9:21:47 AM
Disagree without good launch games and issues with said consoles, people will be more careful this time around.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#3Virus66Posted 2/19/2013 9:24:30 AM
I personally am ready, but I think that a lot of people will just stick to PS3/360/Wii this time and will not upgrade. Sales will still be good but I don't see any console exceed 50 million lifetime sales.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#4TangoBunnyPosted 2/19/2013 9:25:38 AM(edited)
I can't wait for a new console. <3

Yes, there's still tons of games I could play on PS3 (and PS2, and PS1, and PC, and so on), but there's just something interesting and awesome with new technology!

For example, I love scenery in gaming... I love just sightseeing in games like Yakuza, or being impressed at the environments in games in general... and I can't wait to see how amazing they'll be able to make games on a new system!

Hopefully there'll be less loading times too, and less forced installs, and so on too... I can't wait. ^.^
---
Female pronouns are appreciated when responding to this user's posts! ~ http://tangobunny.webs.com
#5Xx Parasite xXPosted 2/19/2013 9:27:39 AM
I've been gaming in this gen since November of 2005. Yeah, i'd say i am ready for the next.
---
Nurse Marcie: Do you like my body, Joey?
Joey: =)
#6OnDiscDLCPosted 2/19/2013 9:28:49 AM
My wallet isn't =/
#7LordMordethPosted 2/19/2013 9:29:36 AM
No, we don't really need a new set of consoles since in all likelyhood it'll just be more of the same.

And then there's of course the fact that launch titles and the ones that follow within 'bout a year are usually nothing special anyways so yeah.. think we're good with what we got for a while still.
---
If the above post offended you, chances are you needed to be offended.
#8pokemon_45_79_1Posted 2/19/2013 9:33:22 AM
I don't think either Sony/MS is ready to release there next console without good launch games, just look at wii-u launch how terrible it was without good launch games. Games sell systems not hardware.

Also looking ahead past release how long is it going to take to get games to come out for either, are games past launch ready so we are not waiting three months or longer for new games.

My concern is they are not ready, Nintendo was not they should have waited a little bit longer.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#9emo_angel11Posted 2/19/2013 10:07:55 AM
no im still good with my ps3
---
i dont need to "GET A LIFE" I'm a gamer I have lot of lives
#10therickmu25Posted 2/19/2013 10:10:39 AM
Since this gen has been release, I've completely started and finished college and had 3 different jobs already. Yea, some new hardware and change would be nice to reflect tech in 2013.
---
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg