This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should they get rid of dlc for good or is it a bad idea?

#1cheatermasterPosted 2/19/2013 10:22:49 AM
These days or even asince it first appeared, practically everybody, or just most people (if not then some people) really hate dlc because of everything. Like the infamous on-disc dlc, and the whole it costs too much money. Should they get rid of dlc for good? Or do you think that it's not a good idea to get rid of dlc? If it's a bad idea, then why do you think it's not a good idea to get rid of dlc, despite the whole "it costs too much money", and the whole "on disc" dlc?

For me generally, I don't mind dlc. Yes I know I have to pay for them and they sometimes cost a lot. But it's my money, and besides as long as it's very interesting to have in the game I don't mind. But I do wonder if getting rid of dlc would be the best idea since these days everybody or most people or at least some people really hate dlc cause of the on-disc dlc and being cost too much money.
#2Syi_2010Posted 2/19/2013 10:28:11 AM
the only issue I have with DLC is that it takes up additional space and alot of times adds very little to gameplay outside of cosmetic appearances
---
GT - Syi, PS3 Syion, Wii-dont remember
#3metfan57Posted 2/19/2013 10:31:19 AM
they should. they won't.
---
I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE
#4JohnHitman47Posted 2/19/2013 10:40:54 AM(edited)
If they remove dlc i will quit gaming.
People that want dlc gone are poor people that can't afford it.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#5Godly_GoofPosted 2/19/2013 10:36:54 AM
Subjectively. Some companies like EA are jerks with it. Some like Beth are good about what they add. I'd say it's a hit and miss idea. Although if major expansions started coming out via disc instead of OL I'd be all for it. I miss old disc expansions :/
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#6AlltraPosted 2/19/2013 10:37:46 AM
metfan57 posted...
they should. they won't.

---
I kill because I'm weak. Too weak to incapacitate an aggressor without killing them. Killing is easy. Not having to fight is hard.
#7kingofjamaicaPosted 2/19/2013 10:38:02 AM
No, they should not eliminate DLC. What they should do is limit the amount of price gouging and useless DLC there is.

Shivering Isles - Good
Horse Armor - Bad

Make more good, make less bad, stop charging $15 for a map pack that contains only two new maps, and three old maps.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#8shinra35800Posted 2/19/2013 10:38:51 AM
DLC should only be for bug fixes.
#9AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/19/2013 10:40:18 AM(edited)
Some DLCs are actually good, you know..

DLCs I bought this gen:

GTA IV
-The Ballad of Gay Tony.
-The Lost and Damned.

Each one of them added 25+ new missions, two complete storylines, 10+ new weapons, 10+ new cars, 8 new motorcycles, aircrafts, golden guns and better graphics in TBOGT's case. You can get both for under $15 now, worth every penny.

Red Dead Redemption

-Undead Nightmare.

Nothing to explain really, it's like an entire new game, you can get it for under $10 now. I'm glad I'm a fan of Rockstar.
#10AnonUnknownPosted 2/19/2013 11:21:06 AM
Big expansions, nothing else.
---
PSN ID: Lance_87 (Now playing: Harmony of Despair)