This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get people that get games at midnight and beat them by 7 am

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I don't get people that get games at midnight and beat them by 7 am

User Info: AssaultMonkey9

AssaultMonkey9
3 years ago#1
The devs worked on it for years, at least give them the respect of not rushing through or at the very least play when youre awake

I feel bad for people posting about already having beaten crysis 3 or mgrising. There aren't enough games in the world to keep you entertained every day if you beat everything the second it comes out
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, AC3
PSN: AssaultMonkey150

User Info: Mr_Burgener

Mr_Burgener
3 years ago#2
I agree, how dare they buy the game on release day. They should be patient gamers like me and buy it used for $20. That's how I show the developers I care.

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
3 years ago#3
I agree as well I like to take time playing the game especially a game I get Day 1.
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.

User Info: MlREFOX

MlREFOX
3 years ago#4
So because the devs can't make a game of any substantial length, I should randomly quit playing just to artificially extend the game?

I'm a new dad and I am up literally the entire night. I bought MGR at midnight and in between changing and feeding my baby, I beat it by this morning. I wasn't disrespecting anyone; I was given a really short game and I finished it.

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
3 years ago#5
MlREFOX posted...
So because the devs can't make a game of any substantial length, I should randomly quit playing just to artificially extend the game?

I'm a new dad and I am up literally the entire night. I bought MGR at midnight and in between changing and feeding my baby, I beat it by this morning. I wasn't disrespecting anyone; I was given a really short game and I finished it.

I don't think you are disrespecting anyone.I like to take my time with most games that's just me.
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.

User Info: dj___roll

dj___roll
3 years ago#6
Quote:I agree, how dare they buy the game on release day. They should be patient gamers like me and buy it used for $20. That's how I show the developers I care.
@Mr_Burgener

His point.
^
^
^
^
^
^
Your head.

Just saying.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10

User Info: ThePatrick

ThePatrick
3 years ago#7
Hey man, I'll get a game, throw it in, and play it all day. If it's an action game, chances are I'll get through it the first day!

But what I don't get are people who play action titles, cruise through them once, and then they're done with them--unless the action really, really sucked.
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored

User Info: smoky820

smoky820
3 years ago#8
i dont get why if someone finishes a game faster than another person its because "they rushed through it"

unless the person is skipping cutscenes and doing as little as possible to finish a game they arent rushing it.
scientists had till Dec 31 2009 to get off their asses and create megaman. they failed us.

User Info: Eroyume

Eroyume
3 years ago#9
I'm one of those weirdos that likes to sit and admire the work that's gone into a game, but that's probably because I design them.

I'm also about the journey and not the destination. I don't care how long it took nor do I care how it ended. :P
http://eroyume.com
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eroyume

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
3 years ago#10
So...people beating a game faster than some others is disrespectful now?

So I guess I'm disrespecting Capcom by going through RE1 and 2 and getting my playtime under three hours without even trying to do so?

I must also be disrespecting Rockstar/Remedy since I can beat the first two Max Payne titles in under four hours each?
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I don't get people that get games at midnight and beat them by 7 am

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived