This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get people that get games at midnight and beat them by 7 am

#1AssaultMonkey9Posted 2/19/2013 10:38:59 AM
The devs worked on it for years, at least give them the respect of not rushing through or at the very least play when youre awake

I feel bad for people posting about already having beaten crysis 3 or mgrising. There aren't enough games in the world to keep you entertained every day if you beat everything the second it comes out
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, AC3
PSN: AssaultMonkey150
#2Mr_BurgenerPosted 2/19/2013 10:41:28 AM
I agree, how dare they buy the game on release day. They should be patient gamers like me and buy it used for $20. That's how I show the developers I care.
#3crazyman32Posted 2/19/2013 11:17:27 AM
I agree as well I like to take time playing the game especially a game I get Day 1.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#4MlREFOXPosted 2/19/2013 11:19:53 AM
So because the devs can't make a game of any substantial length, I should randomly quit playing just to artificially extend the game?

I'm a new dad and I am up literally the entire night. I bought MGR at midnight and in between changing and feeding my baby, I beat it by this morning. I wasn't disrespecting anyone; I was given a really short game and I finished it.
#5crazyman32Posted 2/19/2013 11:21:49 AM
MlREFOX posted...
So because the devs can't make a game of any substantial length, I should randomly quit playing just to artificially extend the game?

I'm a new dad and I am up literally the entire night. I bought MGR at midnight and in between changing and feeding my baby, I beat it by this morning. I wasn't disrespecting anyone; I was given a really short game and I finished it.

I don't think you are disrespecting anyone.I like to take my time with most games that's just me.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#6dj___rollPosted 2/19/2013 11:45:41 AM
Quote:I agree, how dare they buy the game on release day. They should be patient gamers like me and buy it used for $20. That's how I show the developers I care.
@Mr_Burgener

His point.
^
^
^
^
^
^
Your head.

Just saying.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#7ThePatrickPosted 2/19/2013 11:52:21 AM
Hey man, I'll get a game, throw it in, and play it all day. If it's an action game, chances are I'll get through it the first day!

But what I don't get are people who play action titles, cruise through them once, and then they're done with them--unless the action really, really sucked.
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#8smoky820Posted 2/19/2013 11:54:49 AM
i dont get why if someone finishes a game faster than another person its because "they rushed through it"

unless the person is skipping cutscenes and doing as little as possible to finish a game they arent rushing it.
---
scientists had till Dec 31 2009 to get off their asses and create megaman. they failed us.
#9EroyumePosted 2/19/2013 11:56:46 AM
I'm one of those weirdos that likes to sit and admire the work that's gone into a game, but that's probably because I design them.

I'm also about the journey and not the destination. I don't care how long it took nor do I care how it ended. :P
---
http://eroyume.com
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eroyume
#10riddlebox89Posted 2/19/2013 12:00:18 PM
So...people beating a game faster than some others is disrespectful now?

So I guess I'm disrespecting Capcom by going through RE1 and 2 and getting my playtime under three hours without even trying to do so?

I must also be disrespecting Rockstar/Remedy since I can beat the first two Max Payne titles in under four hours each?
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.