This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's put it to a poll before the reveal: Will PS4 surpass high end PC graphics?

#11NicoGrimmPosted 2/19/2013 11:24:56 AM
At the moment? Absolutely.
A few years from now? No.
---
Thou shalt not hide stakes in my shrubbery.
#12sirtonnePosted 2/19/2013 11:28:09 AM(edited)
Considering how good some optimized games can look on the relatively weak PS3 (like Naughty Dog), I think the best looking games developed for PS4 will be slightly better than any stable fps graphics on PC for a while (the best graphics I've seen on PC are always for modded games that have bad fps even on high-end PCs).

There's also the fact that to have the best high-end PC graphics, you need to spend a lot of money and its not representative of what most games look like on the average PC.

Having said that, I don't care what system has the graphics edge or for how long. Graphics are a nice bonus but only fanboys and children really care what looks better. I'm all about the gaming.
#13shinra35800Posted 2/19/2013 11:31:31 AM(edited)
sirtonne posted...
Considering how good some optimized games can look on the relatively weak PS3 (like Naughty Dog), I think the best looking games developed for PS4 will be slightly better than any stable fps graphics on PC for a while (the best graphics I've seen on PC are always for modded games that have bad fps even on high-end PCs).

There's also the fact that to have the best high-end PC graphics, you need to spend a lot of money and its not representative of what most games look like on the average PC.

How much have you spent on PS3 items in total during it's lifespan?

PC ports are usually xbox ports. Since PC can have higher specs, you can have higher graphics. PC ports have graphical options that you can increase that console ports don't. Official PC games are cheaper than consoles because they always come out after the console ports.
#14KaleliskalelPosted 2/19/2013 11:36:37 AM
ace_two_max posted...
No, when the console is developed they used a Graphic card so say a year ago they setted on one, well this year new Graphic cards are coming out and before the PS4 can release the graphic is already outdated.

What I think they need to make is a Console with a easy to change Graphic card and HDD and release new Graphic card every year or two, to keep up with the PC.

i like how you apply PC gaming logic to CONSOLE gaming. unfortunately it doesnt work that way, consoles can produce 10x the graphics of pc's that use the same harware, so even if the graphics card they use is 1 year old it will be far superior to any pc that uses the same graphics card, there is more to the hardware of a gaming console than there is to a pc.
---
When ps3 launched it was banned from export because the processor was so powerful. Tell me again about how powerful you gaming pc is.
#15este914Posted 2/19/2013 11:40:19 AM
Kaleliskalel posted...
ace_two_max posted...
No, when the console is developed they used a Graphic card so say a year ago they setted on one, well this year new Graphic cards are coming out and before the PS4 can release the graphic is already outdated.

What I think they need to make is a Console with a easy to change Graphic card and HDD and release new Graphic card every year or two, to keep up with the PC.

i like how you apply PC gaming logic to CONSOLE gaming. unfortunately it doesnt work that way, consoles can produce 10x the graphics of pc's that use the same harware, so even if the graphics card they use is 1 year old it will be far superior to any pc that uses the same graphics card, there is more to the hardware of a gaming console than there is to a pc.

I dont understand. How do you figure?
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#16KaleliskalelPosted 2/19/2013 11:54:06 AM
According to PSX-Sense, the processor - dubbed "Liverpool" - is based on AMD's upcoming Steamroller core. The chip is slated to be fabbed at 28nm and expected to clock in at a sweet 3.2GHz.&#8232;&#8232; Other PS4 details such as memory remain understandably vague, as Sony seems to be vacillating between 2GB-4GB - with developers pressing for the latter option. &#8232;&#8232;
Read more at http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-features/65631-report-sonys-ps4-will-support-4k-resolution#3JRUxItL3Yd8J6q3.99
---
When ps3 launched it was banned from export because the processor was so powerful. Tell me again about how powerful you gaming pc is.
#17burn420247Posted 2/19/2013 11:56:56 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-18-crysis-3-developer-crytek-on-why-its-impossible-for-next-gen-consoles-to-match-the-power-of-gaming-pcs
---
Boxer Santaros: I'm a pimp. And pimps don't commit suicide.
#18RoxasANobodyPosted 2/19/2013 11:59:17 AM
ace_two_max posted...

That.

Because some developers have already [apparently] received kits, it's safe to assume that the technology they're using has already aged. While the age may not be significant, it's already beaten out by PC users who can easily go to Newegg and buy the latest and greatest equipment.
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#19RoxasANobodyPosted 2/19/2013 12:03:42 PM
Kaleliskalel posted...
ace_two_max posted...

How does that make any sense at all? Instead of backing up your side with credible proof of what you're saying, you're just hoping we sit here and believe all of what you're saying. In comparison, it's common sense that PCs can be updated every year whereas consoles don't have that power. In addition to that, developers receive kits ahead of time so that the console has games when it is released.

If consoles "can produce 10x the graphics of pc's" then why aren't they still on par with PCs today? Hell, PCs two years ago [with the proper mods and at ultra high settings] made console games look like they were from the Gamecube era. Seriously, just think about what you just said and apply some "logic" to it.
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#20KaleliskalelPosted 2/19/2013 12:06:41 PM
RoxasANobody posted...
ace_two_max posted...

That.

Because some developers have already [apparently] received kits, it's safe to assume that the technology they're using has already aged. While the age may not be significant, it's already beaten out by PC users who can easily go to Newegg and buy the latest and greatest equipment.

the confusion here is that you think what is available to publishers is the same as whats available to consumers, sorry again but anything that is contained in the kits for publishers is most likely not available to consumers for a few years.
---