This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's put it to a poll before the reveal: Will PS4 surpass high end PC graphics?

#71ShineboxerPosted 2/19/2013 7:15:08 PM
Where is the "I don't care, just give me fun games" option?

Nope, you still get much more of that on PC>
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#72KaiKun91Posted 2/19/2013 7:19:59 PM
Why even post this topic. PC has the ability to upgrade and move on as technology advance while console is on hold for 4-6 years.
#73legendofskylandPosted 2/19/2013 7:51:01 PM
Shineboxer posted...
Where is the "I don't care, just give me fun games" option?

Nope, you still get much more of that on PC>

Uncharted?
Ratchet and Clank?
Jak and Daxter?
Sly Cooper?
God of War?
inFAMOUS?
Littlebigplanet?
Journey?

No? then leave me alone because I love these games.

No I would not like to sell my soul to any RTS or MMO games sir. And I Don't care if "FPS's control better with a mouse" Because FPS's aren't my thing. And once again I care not for graphics.
#74HungoverHero777Posted 2/19/2013 7:55:44 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
XphoenixedgeX posted...
Whats the point of releasing a new console if isnt at least on the level of high-end PCs?

I'm shocked that the majority of voters think the PS3 will not even be level with high-end PC's at launch.

what's really more shocking? they thinking it won't match up or you thinking that a $400-500 box can easily rival a $1000 setup?

No, but what about a $1000 box?
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
#75pureradiancePosted 2/19/2013 9:35:00 PM
burn420247 posted...
morphinapg posted...
Compare games like Uncharted 3 and Last of Us to the top of the line PC games that came out in 2006. Uncharted 3 and Last of Us look far better. The same will happen with the PS4. Even though the specs aren't considered high end PC specs, developers can do a lot more with the same hardware in console form than they can with PCs. Because with PCs, they can't know the specific hardware the user has, so they can't optimize for it. On consoles they can, and they can also access the hardware on a deeper level than PCs can, giving them more raw power as well.

Neither The Last of Us nor Uncharted 3 came out in 2006 tho. Futhermore, if u look at PC games released at around the same time as Uncharted 3, PC games STILL had the UNQUESTIONABLE advantage.

also, what is this "deeper" level of hardware you speak of?

I think his point is that Uncharted and Last of Us graphics are much better looking than 2006 PC games since the ps3 is a 2006 electronic y'know (pretty sure the parts are even older than that). He is overstating the point but I think he may be saying that consoles can have more optimized graphics due to specialized hardware and may thus look better than unoptimized PC games running on similar hardware.

Remember that a PC specs aren't just for running games alone , there's usually a whole bunch of other stuff going on in the background while the consoles so far pretty much cant do much else while running games
---
PSN ID: pristine20
#76MohjongPosted 2/19/2013 10:01:05 PM
4K TV and Ultra HD support so yes! It does.
---
"...as we have also developed a keen interest in the smoking of pipe weed." - Bilbo Baggins
#77AsucaHayashi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 3:24:55 PM
last bump before the conference.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#78AsucaHayashi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 4:12:06 PM
poll closed.

PS4 announced so let's see how it'll handle games.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?