This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else praying tonight for Jesus to watch over Sony and their annoucement?

#101TakayaNorikoPosted 2/19/2013 8:19:10 PM
BruceWayneJr posted...
You're ALL going to hell.

No, Mr. Wayne. This is Hell.

(Also, you are the demons!)
---
Before you came, they were took care of it.
#102SilentXwingPosted 2/19/2013 8:20:26 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
BruceWayneJr posted...

Hell has to be the most idiotic creation in the Bible.

Firstly, why does God allow people to go there? It's pointless to inflict punishment unless a lesson is being taught, but the lesson is moot if the individual is going to be eternity punished - never having a chance to make use of what they've learnt. People need to experience some degree of pain to mature (it's a natural part of our existence), but if the pain is never-ending then it loses it's necessity and just becomes an act of pure cruelty.

Also, after a century of suffering and torment you'd lose your sanity and eventually become nothing but a braindead vegetable - so used to the anguish that it's all you know anymore and you forget and become unaware of anything else. It stops really being suffering and torment after that point.

I agree. When that day comes, watch them forgive themselves.
---
PSN: Dark_Striker1229
Nathan Drake: Very funny. I may be from the circus, but you're the one behind bars.
#103shinra35800Posted 2/19/2013 8:21:20 PM
I don't know what I'd do if Sony announced that the PS4 was backwards compatible with all PS1, PS2, and PS3 discs and that the cloud service is optional. Sony would automatically win the next gen wars then. Too bad that's very unlikely :(
#104Gump_the_GreatPosted 2/19/2013 8:47:55 PM
shinra35800 posted...
I don't know what I'd do if Sony announced that the PS4 was backwards compatible with all PS1, PS2, and PS3 discs and that the cloud service is optional. Sony would automatically win the next gen wars then. Too bad that's very unlikely :(

Yes, sony would win next gen... because they allow you to play last gen games. I will wait a minute and let you figure out how stupid that is on your own.
#105shinra35800Posted 2/19/2013 8:50:07 PM(edited)
^I will wait a minute and let you figure out that that was one of the major downfalls of new age video games other than dlc and how immature you are.
#106carsaucePosted 2/19/2013 8:50:36 PM
PS4 is gonna be too amazing.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#107Juvart24Posted 2/19/2013 8:50:51 PM
shinra35800 posted...
^I will wait a minute and let you figure out that that was one of the major downfalls of new age video games other than dlc and how immature you are.

Bob Newhart?
---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
GT: Juvart24
#108MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 8:53:05 PM
Jesus Christ, this topic is still going?
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#109darkphoenix181Posted 2/20/2013 10:59:09 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
BruceWayneJr posted...

Hell has to be the most idiotic creation in the Bible.

Firstly, why does God allow people to go there? It's pointless to inflict punishment unless a lesson is being taught, but the lesson is moot if the individual is going to be eternity punished - never having a chance to make use of what they've learnt. People need to experience some degree of pain to mature (it's a natural part of our existence), but if the pain is never-ending then it loses it's necessity and just becomes an act of pure cruelty.

Also, after a century of suffering and torment you'd lose your sanity and eventually become nothing but a braindead vegetable - so used to the anguish that it's all you know anymore and you forget and become unaware of anything else. It stops really being suffering and torment after that point.

Not at all. At a certain point, a person becomes unteachable and you just have to accept they don't want to be taught. This is something not desired in creation by God. What is to be done for them at this stage? Well, we as humans take that kind of thing and bury it into the ground and forget about it, or back in the old days, we would start a fire and burn that waste till it was gone.
God created people and after his will is rejected and they are given a chance many times to change but found stubborn in their will, rather than take their will away, he gave them the choice to remain as such but warned them that he would remove them from his creation. That is what hell is. It is the trash compactor basically.
In life you have many chances and many almost infinitely reject God as the minutes and hours tick away. There is plenty of chance to make use of what they've learnt

What is idiotic is to expect God to make a whole new creation just so you can exist in rebellion with no consequence which is the argument most have against hell. How could he send anyone there? Well if he didn't, it would be like a man filling his house with toxic waste. So to keep it clean, he removes the waste and puts it into the dump (hell) but that so happens to be painful.
It would be idiotic for toxic waste to expect a man to build a beautiful new house so the waste doesn't feel bad in the dump or heat of the incinerator.
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#110Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/20/2013 11:25:20 AM
darkphoenix181 posted...
Not at all. At a certain point, a person becomes unteachable and you just have to accept they don't want to be taught. This is something not desired in creation by God. What is to be done for them at this stage? Well, we as humans take that kind of thing and bury it into the ground and forget about it, or back in the old days, we would start a fire and burn that waste till it was gone.
God created people and after his will is rejected and they are given a chance many times to change but found stubborn in their will, rather than take their will away, he gave them the choice to remain as such but warned them that he would remove them from his creation. That is what hell is. It is the trash compactor basically.
In life you have many chances and many almost infinitely reject God as the minutes and hours tick away. There is plenty of chance to make use of what they've learnt

What is idiotic is to expect God to make a whole new creation just so you can exist in rebellion with no consequence which is the argument most have against hell. How could he send anyone there? Well if he didn't, it would be like a man filling his house with toxic waste. So to keep it clean, he removes the waste and puts it into the dump (hell) but that so happens to be painful.
It would be idiotic for toxic waste to expect a man to build a beautiful new house so the waste doesn't feel bad in the dump or heat of the incinerator.

How can you say that some people are unteachable after a certain point? Maybe in a lifetime it's not possible for some people to change and it's easy for anyone to remain stubborn in the face of punishment. It's impossible to claim that someone wouldn't change after over 100 years of punishment though because that's not possible in a lifetime and in the afterlife it's too late after they're stuck in eternal punishment.

"Evil" is necessary or else "Good" wouldn't seem so great if it's just a natural way of life. Everyone would take it for granted. Not that I believe in such black 'n' white concepts in the first place, but clearly God does to some extent.

You could say that God himself is stubborn. Someone as powerful as him would probably be impossible to convince or change the mind of. It's basically "Do as I say or suffer". What he has given us is not really freedom if he expects us - wants us to follow the ways that he believes are right. He basically just created us to be servants, so that he has someone to admire his power. Someone so Omnipotent is naturally going to be ignorant and someone with such knowledge would almost become cold, realise how pointless things are. I think that it's possible for a being like God to exist, but I don't think he's alone in power. He may have created our universe, but things like time would exist before him, as well as other universes. He himself is probably just a single spec to forces greater than him, just as forces exist over those forces, like a neverending foodchain.
---
JoJo's All-Star Battle (potential mains): Zeppeli, Wham, Jotaro, Okuyasu, Gyro, Josuke (JoJolion)