This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else praying tonight for Jesus to watch over Sony and their annoucement?

#111true_gamer80Posted 2/20/2013 10:26:26 AM
I used to think TC was funny...until he turned into the typical GF attention whore who will make any moronic topic just for posts....
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#112darkphoenix181Posted 2/20/2013 11:20:24 AM(edited)
Bestia_Somnia posted...

How can you say that some people are unteachable after a certain point? Maybe in a lifetime it's not possible for some people to change and it's easy for anyone to remain stubborn in the face of punishment. It's impossible to claim that someone wouldn't change after over 100 years of punishment though because that's not possible in a lifetime and in the afterlife it's too late after they're stuck in eternal punishment.

"Evil" is necessary or else "Good" wouldn't seem so great if it's just a natural way of life. Everyone would take it for granted. Not that I believe in such black 'n' white concepts in the first place, but clearly God does to some extent.

You could say that God himself is stubborn. Someone as powerful as him would probably be impossible to convince or change the mind of. It's basically "Do as I say or suffer". What he has given us is not really freedom if he expects us - wants us to follow the ways that he believes are right. He basically just created us to be servants, so that he has someone to admire his power. Someone so Omnipotent is naturally going to be ignorant and someone with such knowledge would almost become cold, realise how pointless things are. I think that it's possible for a being like God to exist, but I don't think he's alone in power. He may have created our universe, but things like time would exist before him, as well as other universes. He himself is probably just a single spec to forces greater than him, just as forces exist over those forces, like a neverending foodchain.

It is not, do as I say or suffer, it is reap the consequences of each action. This is why the idea of reaping what you sow is presented so often in the new testament. You have a choice to sow what you will and God was nice of enough to tell you what the different things you sow make you reap. There is always consequences to each action even in the physical world. Your arguing about this is like a man getting angry that beer makes you drunk, since he lost his job and didn't show up for work being drunk the night before.
He knew the risk and chose to do it. He can't get mad that being drunk has a consequence, that is just the way it is. Abstain or reap that consequence.

Why should God need to change his mind if he is right? If someone is right and knows they are right and chooses to stay right, that is not being stubborn, that is called being right.
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#113Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/20/2013 11:29:31 AM
Because events of the Bible show that even God can be wrong. And he hasn't directly made himself known for a very long time. Humans were made in his image and humans are flawed. If he was flawless then that itself would be a flaw.
---
JoJo's All-Star Battle (potential mains): Zeppeli, Wham, Jotaro, Okuyasu, Gyro, Josuke (JoJolion)
#114darkphoenix181Posted 2/20/2013 11:33:42 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Because events of the Bible show that even God can be wrong. And he hasn't directly made himself known for a very long time. Humans were made in his image and humans are flawed. If he was flawless then that itself would be a flaw.

One point of Jesus was to dispell this lie, being that he lived a perfect life according to the law. If he was so flawed, he could not have.
---
#115Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/20/2013 11:35:52 AM
darkphoenix181 posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...

One point of Jesus was to dispell this lie, being that he lived a perfect life according to the law. If he was so flawed, he could not have.

Nothing can be flawless. It's a paradox, just like Omnipotence. He may have lead the ideal life, as great of a life as any physical being could live, but not the perfect life.
---
JoJo's All-Star Battle (potential mains): Zeppeli, Wham, Jotaro, Okuyasu, Gyro, Josuke (JoJolion)
#116Bancario51Posted 2/20/2013 11:38:31 AM
you need to change your signature TC to one of those 100% proud ones.
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#117marsh90Posted 2/20/2013 11:39:54 AM
Dear Baby Jesus,...give us the strength...to withstand the rise in xbots that will ensue from today onwards.
#118Chewy247Posted 2/20/2013 11:41:59 AM
I really don't get how people can look up to the sky, and still think there is a God. We are millions of miles away from any place other than Earth. It just seems too simpleminded to come to the conclusion of we are the only thing thats here and this is how it happened.
---
WRESTLEMANIA 29Who will go toe to toe with The Great One?
#119superlativeformPosted 2/20/2013 11:43:14 AM
Nope, I believe the Hopi creation story, praise be to Tawa and Spider Woman.
*rolls eyes*
---
Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here.
PSN: Contra_Croix
#120darkphoenix181Posted 2/20/2013 11:58:54 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...

Nothing can be flawless. It's a paradox, just like Omnipotence. He may have lead the ideal life, as great of a life as any physical being could live, but not the perfect life.

Please explain what you mean by flawless is a paradox. I know what you mean by omnipotence (can God make something he cannot stop, etc) but have never heard anyone call the idea of flawless to be a paradox.
---