This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else praying tonight for Jesus to watch over Sony and their annoucement?

#121Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/20/2013 1:20:39 PM(edited)
darkphoenix181 posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Because events of the Bible show that even God can be wrong. And he hasn't directly made himself known for a very long time. Humans were made in his image and humans are flawed. If he was flawless then that itself would be a flaw.

One point of Jesus was to dispell this lie, being that he lived a perfect life according to the law. If he was so flawed, he could not have.

Nothing can be flawless. It's a paradox, just like Omnipotence. He may have lead the ideal life, as great of a life as any physical being could live, but not the perfect life.

Please explain what you mean by flawless is a paradox. I know what you mean by omnipotence (can God make something he cannot stop, etc) but have never heard anyone call the idea of flawless to be a paradox.

Something that may be ideal to me is not ideal to someone else. Nothing can be universally perfect. If something somehow had no flaws then it would be incapable of being flawed, which in some circumstances would be ideal, and that itself would be a flaw. Being flawless is a paradox. If God was overall flawless then that means that he would have to be the embodiment of everything, both good and evil, but then he can't be the embodiment of nothing. And if he were both ultimately good and ultimately evil then he would truly be on no one's side and would condone all actions, which would mean that he'd have to be a pure force with no conscience and choice, at which point he's no longer a being and is just a thing in the universe like gravity.

---
JoJo's All-Star Battle (potential mains): Zeppeli, Wham, Jotaro, Okuyasu, Gyro, Josuke (JoJolion)
#122MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 1:20:47 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Because events of the Bible show that even God can be wrong. And he hasn't directly made himself known for a very long time. Humans were made in his image and humans are flawed. If he was flawless then that itself would be a flaw.

One point of Jesus was to dispell this lie, being that he lived a perfect life according to the law. If he was so flawed, he could not have.

Nothing can be flawless. It's a paradox, just like Omnipotence. He may have lead the ideal life, as great of a life as any physical being could live, but not the perfect life.

Please explain what you mean by flawless is a paradox. I know what you mean by omnipotence (can God make something he cannot stop, etc) but have never heard anyone call the idea of flawless to be a paradox.

If flawless was a paradox, jewelry stores couldn't sell some of their diamonds.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#123Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/20/2013 1:25:05 PM
MourningReigns posted...
If flawless was a paradox, jewelry stores couldn't sell some of their diamonds.

Because it's hyperbole, just like me claiming that a movie I like is the best movie ever. It might be my personal favourite, but no one movie can truly be the best unless it somehow covers all genres simultaniously and appeals to all age groups equally.
---
JoJo's All-Star Battle (potential mains): Zeppeli, Wham, Jotaro, Okuyasu, Gyro, Josuke (JoJolion)
#124darkphoenix181Posted 2/20/2013 1:58:28 PM(edited)
Bestia_Somnia posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...

Something that may be ideal to me is not ideal to someone else. Nothing can be universally perfect. If something somehow had no flaws then it would be incapable of being flawed, which in some circumstances would be ideal, and that itself would be a flaw. Being flawless is a paradox. If God was overall flawless then that means that he would have to be the embodiment of everything, both good and evil, but then he can't be the embodiment of nothing. And if he were both ultimately good and ultimately evil then he would truly be on no one's side and would condone all actions, which would mean that he'd have to be a pure force with no conscience and choice, at which point he's no longer a being and is just a thing in the universe like gravity.

This type of perfection is unimportant nor is it the biblical perfection where it refers to perfection. It is interesting that you use "Something that may be ideal to me is not ideal to" to explain what you mean.

Ideal is defined:
conforming exactly to an ideal, law, or standard : perfect <an ideal gas>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ideal

This is what perfection means, to conform completely to a law or standard. God being the one establishing various laws in which he also says he is perfect in.
Since what gave rise to this was Jesus, Jesus was perfect in regards to the law (given to Moses), which was what I originally stated.

Perfect also is defined as such: satisfying all requirements

Your idea of perfect itself is flawed in that perfect has no goal it is trying to fulfill. Your perfection is to satify any requirements ever which is not the definition of perfection.
Therefore you are discussing universal perfection which doesn't exist nor do I see God claiming he is universally perfect to any law ever created by man, beast etc, etc.
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#125craazyPosted 2/20/2013 2:30:01 PM
Im preying to a different fictitious deity......Ninkasi at least she trades me beer for money
---
Break Dance Beach?..............Break Dance Beach!
#126vejetaPosted 2/20/2013 2:31:23 PM
Epic topic LMFAO!
---
SSBB FC: 0302 - 1298 - 2022 Name: Jab
PSN: Jab_187
#127MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 9:16:35 PM
Thanks to Jesus that all in attendance were unharmed.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.