This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else praying tonight for Jesus to watch over Sony and their annoucement?

#41UniversquallPosted 2/19/2013 4:40:46 PM
SilentXwing posted...
You guys pray lol?

We got to pray. Just to make it today.
---
After the Fallout
#42Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/19/2013 4:43:53 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
So you want Jesus to make Sony successful so that people at Microsoft and Nintendo will lose their jobs and children will starve?

But the bible teaches us that doing questionably evil acts is fine as long as it's for the greater good or if it's just self-proclaimed "evil" that's suffering.

no it doesn't. Jesus says do good to people that curse and use you.
How then do you justify evil acts if you cannot do bad things to people doing evil to you? Explain

The world isn't black 'n' white. There's no such thing as a universal good and evil. Things aren't always that simple. There are shades of grey in between. What do you consider good, following the law? The law itself is full of loop-holes that many corrupt people abuse and gain more power off. The law only gives a damn about those with money who can afford good lawyers to get justice in many types of situations. If the law and government that control that law are not good or evil then what is? It comes down to your own morale compass, but everyone has a different one. There may be a majority of an opinion on something being "evil", but no one can truly judge evil unless they've committed enough bad themselves to have an understanding of it. Otherwise you're just judging out of ignorance and only have witness evil is not any sense of experience.

What about when God flooded the world? I don't see where the justice or fairness was in him generalizing the whole of humanity the way he did, whilst games with who "deserves" to live and who doesn't. What he did was like a child building with lego and then deciding "Hmm... this isn't what I had in mind" then destroying those constructs and rebuilding again. Humans may be based off of God, but God is not human. Just like we cannot begin to understand why does the things that he does, how can he begin to understand why people do what they do when he himself has no true experience of how we feel? Someone who always was and will always be near what some would consider Omnipotence would never be capable of understanding weakness or why people struggle over power when he'll forever be the top of the food chain. The fact that he didn't even know that the first man would feel loneliness or the fact that he didn't expect Adam/Eve to go for the fruit of knowledge just goes to show that.

I mean the whole fruit scenario itself was idiotic. He took incredibly instinctive beings (humans) and says "Hey! I'm going to put this fruit just right here for no reason whatsover, but don't touch it. Oh and by the way, eating it will bring your great understanding". Doing that is basically saying "Here, have the fruit", especially to such unintelligent people who have no true understanding of the potential consequences. Clearly God just wanted them to have the fruit - using reverse psychology. Humanity was basically just one big science project to God, testing us and trying to figure us out like we're guinea pigs or lab rats. It's like leaving the cheese out for the mouse within a mousetrap, then pretending to leave the room whilst secretly watching from afar.
---
JoJo's All-Star Battle (potential mains): Zeppeli, Wham, Jotaro, Okuyasu, Gyro, Josuke (JoJolion)
#43Stanger5150Posted 2/19/2013 4:45:22 PM
Universquall posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
Seems like you have some evidence to support your claim... spill it!

You don't remember hearing "It's all a part of gods plan"? for many tragedy's/deaths?

Or was that something The Joker said. Hmm

Lol!
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#44UniversquallPosted 2/19/2013 4:45:44 PM
Saw Zero
---
After the Fallout
#45FaustXIIPosted 2/19/2013 4:45:45 PM
Yusssss, deliver the divine... RAGNAROK!
#46docholliday504Posted 2/19/2013 4:46:19 PM
Universquall posted...
SilentXwing posted...
You guys pray lol?

Win /topic
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Halo 4, Resident Evil 6, Persona 3
#47LionHeart823Posted 2/19/2013 4:46:45 PM
Is the announcement suppose to happen tonight or tomorrow?
I always thought it is suppose to be Feb 20, US time.
---
~There are many worlds but they share the same sky~
One sky, One destiny. PSN: LionHeart1203
#48Stanger5150Posted 2/19/2013 4:47:02 PM
Universquall posted...
SilentXwing posted...
You guys pray lol?

The Vatican: "let us prey"
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#49darkphoenix181Posted 2/19/2013 4:47:13 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
So you want Jesus to make Sony successful so that people at Microsoft and Nintendo will lose their jobs and children will starve?

But the bible teaches us that doing questionably evil acts is fine as long as it's for the greater good or if it's just self-proclaimed "evil" that's suffering.

no it doesn't. Jesus says do good to people that curse and use you.
How then do you justify evil acts if you cannot do bad things to people doing evil to you? Explain

The world isn't black 'n' white. There's no such thing as a universal good and evil. Things aren't always that simple. There are shades of grey in between. What do you consider good, following the law? The law itself is full of loop-holes that many corrupt people abuse and gain more power off. The law only gives a damn about those with money who can afford good lawyers to get justice in many types of situations. If the law and government that control that law are not good or evil then what is? It comes down to your own morale compass, but everyone has a different one. There may be a majority of an opinion on something being "evil", but no one can truly judge evil unless they've committed enough bad themselves to have an understanding of it. Otherwise you're just judging out of ignorance and only have witness evil is not any sense of experience.

What about when God flooded the world? I don't see where the justice or fairness was in him generalizing the whole of humanity the way he did, whilst games with who "deserves" to live and who doesn't. What he did was like a child building with lego and then deciding "Hmm... this isn't what I had in mind" then destroying those constructs and rebuilding again. Humans may be based off of God, but God is not human. Just like we cannot begin to understand why does the things that he does, how can he begin to understand why people do what they do when he himself has no true experience of how we feel? Someone who always was and will always be near what some would consider Omnipotence would never be capable of understanding weakness or why people struggle over power when he'll forever be the top of the food chain. The fact that he didn't even know that the first man would feel loneliness or the fact that he didn't expect Adam/Eve to go for the fruit of knowledge just goes to show that.

I mean the whole fruit scenario itself was idiotic. He took incredibly instinctive beings (humans) and says "Hey! I'm going to put this fruit just right here for no reason whatsover, but don't touch it. Oh and by the way, eating it will bring your great understanding". Doing that is basically saying "Here, have the fruit", especially to such unintelligent people who have no true understanding of the potential consequences. Clearly God just wanted them to have the fruit - using reverse psychology. Humanity was basically just one big science project to God, testing us and trying to figure us out like we're guinea pigs or lab rats. It's like leaving the cheese out for the mouse within a mousetrap, then pretending to leave the room whilst secretly watching from afar.

Nice big post but pointless. Justify how the bible teaches you to do evil when Jesus's main principle is to love your neighbor as yourself and to do good to people who do evil to you.
Everything you brought up is irrelevant to that fact.
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#50PUNCHOUT1116Posted 2/19/2013 4:47:38 PM
Ummm... I wasnt planning on it, but if you want me to throw it in with the rest of my prayers tonight... k
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.