This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else praying tonight for Jesus to watch over Sony and their annoucement?

#61darkphoenix181Posted 2/19/2013 3:57:36 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
"He said to them 'But now if you have a purse, take it and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. (Luke 22:36)"

So much for turning the other cheek!

Keep reading. Notice where Peter cuts a mans ear with a sword. What then does Jesus say?
Nor do I see hear that the sword will ever be used.
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#62boofiePosted 2/19/2013 3:59:13 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
"He said to them 'But now if you have a purse, take it and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. (Luke 22:36)"

Go fetch a sword, so sayeth the lord!
#63Stanger5150Posted 2/19/2013 3:59:57 PM
Universquall posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
My favorite part is where Jesus argues with a tree. You tell that f****** fig tree who's boss!

Wood is a sin. The tree was in the wrong.

Oh I know it's a sin! Every time I got wood, my mom smacked me... then she touched my wood and smacked herself.

It's hard to control sinful impulses.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#64UniversquallPosted 2/19/2013 4:02:03 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
Oh I know it's a sin! Every time I got wood, my mom smacked me... then she touched my wood and smacked herself.

They have women priests?
---
After the Fallout
#65Stanger5150Posted 2/19/2013 4:05:00 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...

Keep reading. Notice where Peter cuts a mans ear with a sword. What then does Jesus say?
Nor do I see hear that the sword will ever be used.

Doesn't matter. A man of peace doesn't tell his followers to buy weapons... and I have read further. Believe me, I have read through The Lord of the Kings trilogy (Bible, Qu'ran, Book of Mormon) many many times!

I
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#66darkphoenix181Posted 2/19/2013 4:05:35 PM
jrr18 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
jrr18 posted...

Most of book one is kill those other guys for the glory of god.

Which is irrelevant. Jesus said, you heard before and eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth but I say do good to those who do evil to you.
The man said the bible teaches you to do evil which is not true. Maybe if you read one tiny little verse you can make it true, but if you read the whole thing you find that what it tells YOU to do, is to love everyone. Or can you quote from the New Testament where we are supposed to go an kill for the glory of God?

Like I said book 1 your talking about book 2 and killing 99% of humanity is kind of evil with the whole revelations part.

It is funny how people reason. One guy on here talked about how Jesus doesn't care about starving kids and kids sold into sexual slavery. What would he have Jesus do?
Brainwash the people selling kids and popping them out or...or maybe kill...those people?

Funny how people mock God's visual absense in the world but when they read of a time when he was active and he used his authority as the creator to kill off people who he saw as spreading corruption to further his plans, all of the sudden he is evil. But if he justs sits up there he is evil too.

Besides, you have no problem killing bacteria and animals and yet for some reason God who is supposed to be beyond man in thought and form is to be bound to man's laws of morality and cannot scrub the little buggers with some soap because that is evil for him to do but not for us.
Besides, the whole point of why killing is wrong is because you are taking away what is anothers. However, God created and owns all therefore you cannot attribute the same to him.

I doubt it will sway your beliefs but that is the answer to the old vs. new testament.
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#67Stanger5150Posted 2/19/2013 4:06:20 PM
Universquall posted...
Stanger5150 posted...

They have women priests?

Nah... She touched my wood just for fun, not cuz she can't get it elsewhere.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#68UniversquallPosted 2/19/2013 4:07:31 PM
Nobody really expects something with no power to do anything. That'd be like expecting Santa to do something.
---
After the Fallout
#69UniversquallPosted 2/19/2013 4:08:50 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
not cuz she can't get it elsewhere.

Stanger5150 posted...

Stanger5150 posted...

Stanger5150 posted...

Stanger5150 posted...

Don't think too much.
---
After the Fallout
#70jrr18Posted 2/19/2013 4:11:53 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...
jrr18 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
jrr18 posted...

Most of book one is kill those other guys for the glory of god.

Which is irrelevant. Jesus said, you heard before and eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth but I say do good to those who do evil to you.
The man said the bible teaches you to do evil which is not true. Maybe if you read one tiny little verse you can make it true, but if you read the whole thing you find that what it tells YOU to do, is to love everyone. Or can you quote from the New Testament where we are supposed to go an kill for the glory of God?

Like I said book 1 your talking about book 2 and killing 99% of humanity is kind of evil with the whole revelations part.

It is funny how people reason. One guy on here talked about how Jesus doesn't care about starving kids and kids sold into sexual slavery. What would he have Jesus do?
Brainwash the people selling kids and popping them out or...or maybe kill...those people?

Funny how people mock God's visual absense in the world but when they read of a time when he was active and he used his authority as the creator to kill off people who he saw as spreading corruption to further his plans, all of the sudden he is evil. But if he justs sits up there he is evil too.

Besides, you have no problem killing bacteria and animals and yet for some reason God who is supposed to be beyond man in thought and form is to be bound to man's laws of morality and cannot scrub the little buggers with some soap because that is evil for him to do but not for us.
Besides, the whole point of why killing is wrong is because you are taking away what is anothers. However, God created and owns all therefore you cannot attribute the same to him.

I doubt it will sway your beliefs but that is the answer to the old vs. new testament.

Wow now your condoning divine slavery I am not a number I am a FREE MAN! Also being all powerful should mean we should hold him to higher standards not lower ones and we were made by aliens dumping medical waste not god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7LH__BPqSY
---
Victory over the space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101