This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else praying tonight for Jesus to watch over Sony and their annoucement?

#71Stanger5150Posted 2/19/2013 4:12:56 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...
jrr18 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
jrr18 posted...

Most of book one is kill those other guys for the glory of god.

Which is irrelevant. Jesus said, you heard before and eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth but I say do good to those who do evil to you.
The man said the bible teaches you to do evil which is not true. Maybe if you read one tiny little verse you can make it true, but if you read the whole thing you find that what it tells YOU to do, is to love everyone. Or can you quote from the New Testament where we are supposed to go an kill for the glory of God?

Like I said book 1 your talking about book 2 and killing 99% of humanity is kind of evil with the whole revelations part.

It is funny how people reason. One guy on here talked about how Jesus doesn't care about starving kids and kids sold into sexual slavery. What would he have Jesus do?
Brainwash the people selling kids and popping them out or...or maybe kill...those people?

Funny how people mock God's visual absense in the world but when they read of a time when he was active and he used his authority as the creator to kill off people who he saw as spreading corruption to further his plans, all of the sudden he is evil. But if he justs sits up there he is evil too.

Besides, you have no problem killing bacteria and animals and yet for some reason God who is supposed to be beyond man in thought and form is to be bound to man's laws of morality and cannot scrub the little buggers with some soap because that is evil for him to do but not for us.
Besides, the whole point of why killing is wrong is because you are taking away what is anothers. However, God created and owns all therefore you cannot attribute the same to him.

I doubt it will sway your beliefs but that is the answer to the old vs. new testament.

God had no problem intervening directly back in the day... In fact, during the entire Lord of the Kings trilogy, God intervenes directly all the time.

Funny how now that we have recording devices and science, he doesn't intervene directly anymore... curious isn't it?

You act like a Bible expert... you ever study its origin, the stories that inspired it, or the already established religions that it ripped off?

Study it's physical history, not just its content.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#72jrr18Posted 2/19/2013 4:13:49 PM
Universquall posted...
Nobody really expects something with no power to do anything. That'd be like expecting Santa to do something.

Hey don't dis santa hes a bad ass.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BadAssSanta
---
Victory over the space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#73darkphoenix181Posted 2/19/2013 4:14:03 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
"He said to them 'But now if you have a purse, take it and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. (Luke 22:36)"

So much for turning the other cheek!

Keep reading. Notice where Peter cuts a mans ear with a sword. What then does Jesus say?
Nor do I see hear that the sword will ever be used.

Doesn't matter. A man of peace doesn't tell his followers to buy weapons... and I have read further. Believe me, I have read through The Lord of the Kings trilogy (Bible, Qu'ran, Book of Mormon) many many times!

I

No you haven't or you wouldn't say it doesn't matter.

John 18:36
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

If Jesus never asked his disciples to buy swords, Peter would have never cut the ear off the servant of the high priest, in turn Jesus would have never healed his ear and Jesus would have never told Peter to put away his sword which is an important event.

Then if you read even farther

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

But infact none of this was necessary for Jesus said to love your enemy and do good to them that do evil to you. Killing them with swords doesn't hold up this principle.
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#74darkphoenix181Posted 2/19/2013 4:16:10 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
jrr18 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
jrr18 posted...

Most of book one is kill those other guys for the glory of god.

Which is irrelevant. Jesus said, you heard before and eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth but I say do good to those who do evil to you.
The man said the bible teaches you to do evil which is not true. Maybe if you read one tiny little verse you can make it true, but if you read the whole thing you find that what it tells YOU to do, is to love everyone. Or can you quote from the New Testament where we are supposed to go an kill for the glory of God?

Like I said book 1 your talking about book 2 and killing 99% of humanity is kind of evil with the whole revelations part.

It is funny how people reason. One guy on here talked about how Jesus doesn't care about starving kids and kids sold into sexual slavery. What would he have Jesus do?
Brainwash the people selling kids and popping them out or...or maybe kill...those people?

Funny how people mock God's visual absense in the world but when they read of a time when he was active and he used his authority as the creator to kill off people who he saw as spreading corruption to further his plans, all of the sudden he is evil. But if he justs sits up there he is evil too.

Besides, you have no problem killing bacteria and animals and yet for some reason God who is supposed to be beyond man in thought and form is to be bound to man's laws of morality and cannot scrub the little buggers with some soap because that is evil for him to do but not for us.
Besides, the whole point of why killing is wrong is because you are taking away what is anothers. However, God created and owns all therefore you cannot attribute the same to him.

I doubt it will sway your beliefs but that is the answer to the old vs. new testament.

God had no problem intervening directly back in the day... In fact, during the entire Lord of the Kings trilogy, God intervenes directly all the time.

Funny how now that we have recording devices and science, he doesn't intervene directly anymore... curious isn't it?

You act like a Bible expert... you ever study its origin, the stories that inspired it, or the already established religions that it ripped off?

Study it's physical history, not just its content.

The argument wasn't about is God real or is the bible the truth of God, it was about someone claiming it told them to do evil.
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#75Stanger5150Posted 2/19/2013 4:19:18 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
"He said to them 'But now if you have a purse, take it and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. (Luke 22:36)"

So much for turning the other cheek!

Keep reading. Notice where Peter cuts a mans ear with a sword. What then does Jesus say?
Nor do I see hear that the sword will ever be used.

Doesn't matter. A man of peace doesn't tell his followers to buy weapons... and I have read further. Believe me, I have read through The Lord of the Kings trilogy (Bible, Qu'ran, Book of Mormon) many many times!

I

No you haven't or you wouldn't say it doesn't matter.

John 18:36
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

If Jesus never asked his disciples to buy swords, Peter would have never cut the ear off the servant of the high priest, in turn Jesus would have never healed his ear and Jesus would have never told Peter to put away his sword which is an important event.

Then if you read even farther

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

But infact none of this was necessary for Jesus said to love your enemy and do good to them that do evil to you. Killing them with swords doesn't hold up this principle.

You can quote the book as much as you want. It still doesn't matter. The Bible isn't evidence of its own truth.

You really aren't educating me on the Bible, trust me.

You're only showing you can't think for yourself, so you use the stories passed down through an illiterate culture to think for you.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#76Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/19/2013 4:19:21 PM
And yet God still flooded the world and even punished a whole society with things like plagues, just because of the actions of some individuals. Where was his love towards corrupt/evil people then? His actions and words show generalizations towards humans as a whole. Someone so powerful and eternal could never understand the feelings of mortals and weakness. The Bible is basically the Dummies Guide on contradictions and hypocrisy.
---
JoJo's All-Star Battle (potential mains): Zeppeli, Wham, Jotaro, Okuyasu, Gyro, Josuke (JoJolion)
#77Latino_KingPosted 2/19/2013 4:20:49 PM
I will hold my rosemary close to my heart as I pray for Sony's future success.
---
AKA 305_King
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius
#78il_capitanoPosted 2/19/2013 4:22:19 PM
sorry starving kids in africa, Jesus is over here playen video games

lmao
---
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12
#79lostkiwiPosted 2/19/2013 4:26:42 PM(edited)
God: So Jesus, let us discuss our plan with the Pope's resignation.
Jesus: In another 5 minutes Dad, I'm in the middle of a CoD match.

PS - Some people are taking this topic far too seriously.

---
Check out my investigation into 7th generation exclusives here:
http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/
#80Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/19/2013 4:27:13 PM
Supernatural (the TV series) has a very accurate portrayal of God - an arrogant being who in modern times ditched humanity, angels and heaven behind. Overall just letting the world fall into a hell of it's own. Plus, I like the concept of God not being truly Omnipotent, with Death (the being itself) being superior because even God will die one day when time comes to an end.
---
JoJo's All-Star Battle (potential mains): Zeppeli, Wham, Jotaro, Okuyasu, Gyro, Josuke (JoJolion)