This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

90% games are between 6-10 hours in length.

#31Stanger5150Posted 2/19/2013 3:44:05 PM
FearPotion posted...
I bought Contra for NES for 49.99 back when it came out. It last me about an hour to finish. Was I rip off?

Yeah, you're full of **** too. No way you finished Contra on your first try without cheating.

Took me 20 years to get it done in less than 30 minutes without the code.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#32HermesesPosted 2/19/2013 3:45:22 PM
kel25 posted...
jaymart_2k posted...
RahzarX posted...
We don't need topics telling us that you think a game was short unless it's sub-5 hours.

and most of those have online play. No excuse for a Single Player only game.

Yes, because so many of us here love that we get a half assed single player mode because the developers felt they needed to tack on a multiplayer mode that will be dead within a month or two.

Name a recent game where that happened.

Mass Effect 3
#33thesnoopmeisterPosted 2/19/2013 3:46:24 PM
Hermeses posted...
kel25 posted...
jaymart_2k posted...
RahzarX posted...
We don't need topics telling us that you think a game was short unless it's sub-5 hours.

Yes, because so many of us here love that we get a half assed single player mode because the developers felt they needed to tack on a multiplayer mode that will be dead within a month or two.

Mass Effect 3

No. You havent played it.
#34AnthonM2Posted 2/19/2013 3:55:58 PM
6 hours is short, 10 is ok, the longest action game this gen is RE6 25-30 hours and it was great, the shortest is Ninja Gaiden 3 (4 hours).
#35jrr18Posted 2/19/2013 4:01:37 PM
Hermeses posted...
kel25 posted...
jaymart_2k posted...
RahzarX posted...

Mass Effect 3

Single player was well done and multiplayer isn't dead oh and you can get 30 hours in campaign.
---
Victory over the space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#36RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 12:49:55 PM
MlREFOX posted...
Nice made-up statistic.

Feel free to argue.

If you think most games take over 10 hours to complete, maybe you just don't play a lot of video games. That's fine.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#37ExtremelyFatGuyPosted 2/20/2013 1:15:59 PM
jaymart_2k posted...
RahzarX posted...

No.....excuse???!?!?!?! Does no one still think of single player games as the fundamental building block of gaming, the only truly artistic part of the medium? Whatever happened to Sony being the place for good long one player games while Microsoft had online and Nintendo had local multiplayer and family games? Now that is out of the window too, AND thats what gamers want? Man...I skipped this gen and all, so pardon me if this is common knowledge, but my head hurts after reading that.
#38Guerrilla SoldierPosted 2/20/2013 1:19:06 PM
90% of games this gen...

Sure it's common, but it's still going backwards.
---
CainExodus - Oakland A's fan: 2012 AL West Champions
Keep the A's in Oakland!
#39true_gamer80Posted 2/20/2013 1:25:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#40RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 3:43:51 PM
Guerrilla Soldier posted...
90% of games this gen...

Sure it's common, but it's still going backwards.

You mean forwards.

Retro games are an average of 45mins-3hours.

Game length has increased drastically.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."