This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone bought there PS3 years ago and never really used it much?

#1Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/19/2013 3:27:42 PM(edited)
I remember I got mine as a gift in 2008. I only really wanted one to play mgs4 which I loved but after that game I just had too many consoles a wii and 360 and none of the ps3 exclusives interested me. So almost 5 years later all I ever owned was mgs4 and I bascially never used it again after I played the heck out of mgs4. Anyone else had there ps3 for years and never really used it?
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#2HoosierGuy88Posted 2/19/2013 3:32:21 PM(edited)
I'm kinda just the opposite, I bought both a 360 and a PS3 and I ended up playing my PS3 way more than my 360. I still do for that matter. The main thing I used my 360 for was Halo, Mass Effect, and Gears of War. Also whenever a game is multi-platform I always tend to buy the PS3 version.
#3Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 3:35:34 PM(edited)
HoosierGuy88 posted...
I'm kinda just the opposite, I bought both a 360 and a PS3 and I ended up playing my PS3 way more than my 360. I still do for that matter. The main thing I used my 360 for was Halo, Mass Effect, and Gears of War.

Halo is one of the reasons and also fable that I stuck with 360 instead of ps3. Once I got tired of halo though and the fable series went to crap I realized most of the games I have for my 360 I could of just gotton for ps3 with free online. It's too bad that ps3 didnt have any exclusives I was interested in I still think the ps3 hardware wise was a great console and it having free internet was awsome too bad I never toke advantage of it this gen oh well I had fun either way with my wii and 360 :)
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#4MishimaBloodPosted 2/19/2013 3:40:56 PM
The opposite.. I bought a sh*tbox just to see what was all the fuss about with Gears 2 and Halo... Gears was kinda good until a point near the end, then it started to get boring. As for the story I cant even remember it.
Played Halo:Reach, finished it and I was like "Really?".. Reviews gave it a 10/10 and its not even close to what id give it.. Lame graphics, forgetable story..
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
#5Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 3:44:56 PM
Now that I think about it the game I played most on my 360 wasnt even really a 360 game. Im talking about final fantasy 11 I played that game for like 4 years until they screwed it up with abby ppl who play ff 11 will know what I mean.
---
#6x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 2/19/2013 3:47:27 PM(edited)
My PS3 has been sitting there ever since Uncharted 3 was finished. I prefer the online play on XBOX Live to the PSN because of party chat and my friends are there. And racing games Forza Motorsport is superior to Gran Turismo at this point so unless GT6 is amazing that won't be changing after the let down that GT5 was.

To each their own though. I just could never get into Killzone and Uncharted online.

MishimaBlood, Gears of War 2 was fun but the online was a lag filled mess. As for Halo Reach I feel much like you. The true Halo games came prior to Halo Reach (both online and offline). Halo 4 brought the Halo Universe back in terms of campaign and the online is fun but it's no Halo 2.
#7Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 5:28:20 PM
Bump. Interested in seeing what other ppl have to say about the matter.
---
#8MonopomanPosted 2/19/2013 5:30:23 PM
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
HoosierGuy88 posted...
I'm kinda just the opposite, I bought both a 360 and a PS3 and I ended up playing my PS3 way more than my 360. I still do for that matter. The main thing I used my 360 for was Halo, Mass Effect, and Gears of War.

Halo is one of the reasons and also fable that I stuck with 360 instead of ps3. Once I got tired of halo though and the fable series went to crap I realized most of the games I have for my 360 I could of just gotton for ps3 with free online. It's too bad that ps3 didnt have any exclusives I was interested in I still think the ps3 hardware wise was a great console and it having free internet was awsome too bad I never toke advantage of it this gen oh well I had fun either way with my wii and 360 :)

Good old Fable the only series to consistently get worse and worse. The really sad thing is Fable 1 was at best pretty good.
#9_The_Hitcher_Posted 2/19/2013 5:32:52 PM
Just out of curiosity, why were you so sure that you wouldn't like any other exclusives? Why not at the very least pick up the first PS3 entries in any of the major series on the cheap to see if you liked them? It's what I did when I got my 360, I'd never been all that interested in Gears or Halo but I tried them out and ended up really enjoying them.
---
PSN: ForeverLost
XBL: ForeverLost360
#10Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 5:36:16 PM
_The_Hitcher_ posted...
Just out of curiosity, why were you so sure that you wouldn't like any other exclusives? Why not at the very least pick up the first PS3 entries in any of the major series on the cheap to see if you liked them? It's what I did when I got my 360, I'd never been all that interested in Gears or Halo but I tried them out and ended up really enjoying them.

I have been meaning to pick up the uncharted and infamous bundles that are out but it's just I want to many nintendo games for my 3ds and im finishing up my wii collection of just the first party games ofcourse and just dont have the cash to support so many consoles lol. I only got my ps3 since it was a random gift from my dad back in 2008 and he knew I loved the mgs series so he picked it up for me. Eventually I might pick up the bundles for the ps3 exclusives infamous does interest me it looks fun.
---