This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who HATES JRPGS?

#41ShineboxerPosted 2/19/2013 9:39:34 PM
lol I would never have played any of those games.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#42Flare1721Posted 2/19/2013 9:39:56 PM
TheWarHorse posted...
No, you're not. JRPGs are, and always have been, silly garbage. Way too feminine and WAY too many kids and cutesy creatures following you around or you're fighting off evil bird monsters or something else ridiculously dumb and childish. People look back on them with rose colored nostalgia glasses but in reality they sucked even when they were relevant.

Say the kid with his computer specs as his sig. Pathetic.
---
Best Boss Battle Ever Xemnas- KH2, Long Live Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721
#43wstfldPosted 2/19/2013 9:42:21 PM
TheWarHorse posted...
No, you're not. JRPGs are, and always have been, silly garbage. Way too feminine and WAY too many kids and cutesy creatures following you around or you're fighting off evil bird monsters or something else ridiculously dumb and childish. People look back on them with rose colored nostalgia glasses but in reality they sucked even when they were relevant.

Say the kid with a disney game in his sig.
---
Last Played: DmC (8.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD, StarCraft 2
#44Flare1721Posted 2/19/2013 9:42:42 PM
smifypz posted...
I like most JRPGS, but the only thing I hate is the costumes for girls. I'm always wondering "how do they sit?" "It's like 30 degrees out there, put some pants on!" and so on, so forth, like Yuna, Rikku, Paine, Lightning, any school girl's uniform's skirt barely goes past their waist...

Really? Why does Mario eat mushrooms and grow? How does Link run around all day with all his gear that he can pull out of thin air? A Keybalde? Seriously?

Because its a damn game thats why!
---
#45Flare1721Posted 2/19/2013 9:43:49 PM
wstfld posted...
TheWarHorse posted...

Say the kid with a disney game in his sig.

Actually SE game. And you forgot MML3.
---
#46Res5Posted 2/19/2013 9:44:31 PM
Far from it but I absolutely and totally disagree. I believe they are one of the best genres in existence and have since the PS1 days when RPGs got good.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#47hijokaidenPosted 2/19/2013 9:46:25 PM
hijokaiden posted...
jrr18 posted...
Leanaunfurled posted...
ask and you shall receive.

I never asked for this.

But hijokaiden did.

Yeah thanks, great list. But I was more interested in seeing a list of handheld JRPGs who are Japan Only. Such as 7th Dragon 2020, 7th Dragon 2020-II, Saigo no Yakusoku no Monogatari etc.

---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#48The_WeeabooPosted 2/19/2013 9:51:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#49Jon_GodPosted 2/19/2013 9:53:48 PM
Why would they give gaming a bad name?
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#50BlackMetalisWarPosted 2/19/2013 9:55:15 PM
TheWarHorse, Shineboxer, and wstfld in one topic?

Is "JRPG" the bat signal for yall? You clowns are hilarious lol.
---
Last game played: Mass Effect 3 (multiplayer)
Last album listened: Denial Fiend - "Horror Holocaust"