This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

when will developers learn that nobody wants multiplayer Trophies/Achievements

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. when will developers learn that nobody wants multiplayer Trophies/Achievements

User Info: Leanaunfurled

Leanaunfurled
3 years ago#11
I'm fine with them.
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png

User Info: imsalingaway

imsalingaway
3 years ago#12
I'm just confused why there's so much hate over something so innocent. I always thought it was neat that a game would come packed with challenges thought up by the dev team. If they added an option to turn off trophy/achievement notification in-game then nobody would even care or argue about this.

User Info: shinra35800

shinra35800
3 years ago#13
they were created because fans asks for them. fans did this :P

User Info: MourningReigns

MourningReigns
3 years ago#14
PrettyBoyMarth posted...
DLC shouldnt have added Trophies either, both of those are add-ons to the game and should be treated as nothing but options.

Apparently, the majority of games do like them. GameFAQs users aren't the majority.
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.

User Info: goldenboy1867

goldenboy1867
3 years ago#15
Every console has trophies already ( i think ) and they wouldn't take them away. Somepeople hate them and some like them, i like them.
are you saying i can run from a bullet

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
3 years ago#16
imsalingaway posted...
I'm just confused why there's so much hate over something so innocent. I always thought it was neat that a game would come packed with challenges thought up by the dev team. If they added an option to turn off trophy/achievement notification in-game then nobody would even care or argue about this.

This is about multiplayer trophies/achievements. Not single player ones.

User Info: ninjakraken

ninjakraken
3 years ago#17
I like trophies but hate multiplayer trophies. The remedy I have come up with is I don't try to obtain the multiplayer trophies.

Although I must admit, the fact that the upcoming Tomb Raider will have online multiplayer bugs the hell outta me. Want to complete but don't want to complete, what to do?!
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith

User Info: huyi

huyi
3 years ago#18
i not only hate FORCED online trophies, i also hate the fact that publishers want people to PAY to get platinum because of online passes, there is a reason why they put the online trophies there in the first place to make money from the online passes!
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1

User Info: Nulsh

Nulsh
3 years ago#19
I was gutted to see inversion have mp trophies, supposedly u have 2 play for 250 hrs. Ridiculous. If namco removed tht trophy or just gave it to everyone lots more folk who go for trophies would buy it.
Nulsh

User Info: Stanger5150

Stanger5150
3 years ago#20
You can only speak for yourself...

Your opinion does not represent all of us.
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. when will developers learn that nobody wants multiplayer Trophies/Achievements

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived