This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is the better overall experience between Persona 3 games?

#1IRELANDforeverPosted 2/20/2013 1:05:08 AM(edited)
Persona 3 FES for PS3 (classics)?
or
Persona 3 portable for PSP/Vita?
will be playing on my VITA

I would prefer playing it on my ps3 and on my tv but which version is better?
Does the PSP/Vita version have extra content?
Does the PSP/Vita version look better?
I'm afraid the original ps2 version will look like crap on ps3 and my big tv.

Classics version is only 9.99 and a 4.3gb DL while the Vita version is 19.99 and 1.1gb dl.

What do you think?
---
Facebook is the enemy. Many of you will not understand this.......but in time.....you will
R.I.P. Adam "MCA" Yauch - May 4, 2012
#2jameswintertonPosted 2/20/2013 1:03:50 AM
i have the classic and it dont look that bad, just not very sharp
---
psn: jrwinterton
#3NightwishPosted 2/20/2013 1:15:27 AM
As far as ps2 classics go it doesn't look half bad as long as you aren't expecting high res or anything
---
PSN: Xnightwish XBL: Xnightwish
#4mogar002Posted 2/20/2013 1:16:50 AM
FES is better
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#5IRELANDforever(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 1:19:48 AM
mogar002 posted...
FES is better

Please elaborate as to why it's better
---
Facebook is the enemy. Many of you will not understand this.......but in time.....you will
#6mogar002Posted 2/20/2013 1:20:45 AM
FES has more content
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#7Dicer7Posted 2/20/2013 1:21:39 AM
mogar002 posted...
FES is better

This. The Answer alone makes it the definitive version. P3P is still great but the FeMC is pretty much noncanon fanservice.
#8_tanjil_Posted 2/20/2013 1:28:00 AM(edited)
From what I remember they fix the stupid AI that's part of the classic version, and someone else said it's sharper on the Vita... and your intention is to play on the Vita, so I would go with the Vita version.

The pros of the Classic version is half price and you can play it both on console and Vita

EDIT: People keep saying FES is better, so the PSP version wasn't FES. My bad didn't realize it wasn't included for the PSP/Vita. It's sorta an epilogue that is included, so bonus content.

And I think I remember you could play as a female main character in the PSP version which would probably effect the social aspects of the game. So that's cool if you;re into that stuff.
#9IRELANDforever(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 1:39:41 AM
_tanjil_ posted...
From what I remember they fix the stupid AI that's part of the classic version, and someone else said it's sharper on the Vita... and your intention is to play on the Vita, so I would go with the Vita version.

The pros of the Classic version is half price and you can play it both on console and Vita

EDIT: People keep saying FES is better, so the PSP version wasn't FES. My bad didn't realize it wasn't included for the PSP/Vita. It's sorta an epilogue that is included, so bonus content.

And I think I remember you could play as a female main character in the PSP version which would probably effect the social aspects of the game. So that's cool if you;re into that stuff.

Actually I stated that I would prefer to play on my tv. But that's ok.
Also, I don't believe you can play FES on the vita because it's ps2 classic not ps1.

So I understand about all of the extra content in FES but I'm just worried it will look awful.
I actually own an original ps2 copy of FES but playing it on my ps2 and on my HD tv just makes it look like a nightmare. Is this how the downloadable version on ps3 will look as well? Direct port?
---
#10IRELANDforever(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 1:41:27 AM
Nightwish posted...
As far as ps2 classics go it doesn't look half bad as long as you aren't expecting high res or anything

Will it look exactly like me playing it on my ps2?
---