This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember the step up in graphics from the PS1->PS2 and then PS2->PS3???

#11jameswintertonPosted 2/20/2013 3:06:30 AM
ryan0991 posted...
I can already experience graphics better than what the next-gen systems will offer.

It's not going to be a big leap. You probably won't even be able to tell the difference.

Maybe for "graphically illiterate" people. But I'll certainly notice the difference.

Really anyone should be able to tell the difference between sub 720p, x4 or less AA, and medium to low quality textures when compared to 1080p, x8 AA, and high quality textures.

You sound like a real winner.
---
psn: jrwinterton
#12gzus_ADPosted 2/20/2013 3:09:44 AM
I'm not into all this technobabble, but how much of a leap can we expect from the PS4 on current TV displays?
---
[PSN]: stray_dog_strut
End all war now.
#13AlltraPosted 2/20/2013 3:12:30 AM(edited)
Being able to tell a difference, and being impressed by it, are VASTLY different things. At this point, unless it's something equivalent to the leap from 2D into 3D, I don't really care.

I'm frankly much more concerned with other stuff, like "Always Online", "Used Game Blocking", Paying for Online Services, and host of other issues.
---
I kill because I'm weak. Too weak to incapacitate an aggressor without killing them. Killing is easy. Not having to fight is hard.
#14ryan0991Posted 2/20/2013 12:00:17 PM
You sound like a real winner.

Because I can tell the difference between different graphical settings?

Some people on here are so hostile.
---
http://gamercard.xbox360achievements.org/x360a-1/BOBtheMASTER.png
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.
#15TerotrousPosted 2/20/2013 12:07:23 PM
To be honest, the jump from PS2 to PS3 was the smallest jump in the history of gaming, and chances are this one will be smaller still.

We're approaching the end of where we can go with graphics, that's why there's so much focus on online connectivity, input mechanisms, social aspects, etc. They can't just rely on graphics alone anymore to move hardware because the increase is small enough that many people may decide they don't mind the older graphics.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#16ryan0991Posted 2/20/2013 12:13:29 PM
To be honest, the jump from PS2 to PS3 was the smallest jump in the history of gaming, and chances are this one will be smaller still.

We're approaching the end of where we can go with graphics, that's why there's so much focus on online connectivity, input mechanisms, social aspects, etc. They can't just rely on graphics alone anymore to move hardware because the increase is small enough that many people may decide they don't mind the older graphics.

It's not so much that the jump will be small, it's just that it will be more subtle. They simply can't brute force the graphical progress anymore, but I do think there is still a lot of progress to be made in the graphical department.
---
http://gamercard.xbox360achievements.org/x360a-1/BOBtheMASTER.png
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.
#17nihilist212Posted 2/20/2013 12:14:50 PM
Graphics are great and all, but too many developers use it as an excuse to make a mediocre game. Sure it looks good, but the gameplay and story sucks.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#18pokemon_45_79_1Posted 2/20/2013 12:17:14 PM(edited)
I don't expect a big jump in graphics for next set of consoles, it will pretty much look the same but with constant 60 fps.

Graphics are great and all, but too many developers use it as an excuse to make a mediocre game. Sure it looks good, but the gameplay and story sucks.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero

True look at NNK low end graphics but the game is still doing good, developers due tend to focus to much on graphics and it ends up having issues.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#19Stouffer1Posted 2/20/2013 12:18:02 PM
Given games like god of war and last of us, the slight jump will be good enough.

I'm more excited for things like new, better physics engines. Imagine a fully destructible city in gta? That makes me drool.
#20docholliday504Posted 2/20/2013 12:18:49 PM
As we approach photorealism, these incremental jumps are going to get smaller and smaller. not to be a debbie downer, but I'd keep expectations in check vis-a-vis how much better these games will look.
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Halo 4, Resident Evil 6, Persona 3