This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FF Versus 13 is SquareEnix's trump card.... yet they are not releasing it LOL

#11Virus66Posted 2/20/2013 12:27:36 PM
Doublesouba posted...
I would want a FFVII remake if I wasn't so sure they would mess it up. They would just change everything, and that's not what people want.

I would just want re-rendered areas and a slightly revamped battle system to account for the Materia Fusion they implemented in Crisis Core, but still party of 3 and still turn based. All of the WTF moments need to be in including cross dressing and Honey Bee Inn and obviously some VAs need to be in order for the bigger moments. However, I don't trust SE to be able to do that. Besides, a game as long and big as FFVII would be a nightmare to completely remake on the scale of current gen.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#12pokemon_45_79_1Posted 2/20/2013 12:28:34 PM
Doublesouba posted...
I would want a FFVII remake if I wasn't so sure they would mess it up. They would just change everything, and that's not what people want.

I would just want re-rendered areas and a slightly revamped battle system to account for the Materia Fusion they implemented in Crisis Core, but still party of 3 and still turn based. All of the WTF moments need to be in including cross dressing and Honey Bee Inn and obviously some VAs need to be in order for the bigger moments. However, I don't trust SE to be able to do that. Besides, a game as long and big as FFVII would be a nightmare to completely remake on the scale of current gen.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?

And judging by the way they are having trouble with remaking FFX what makes you think they could do any good with VII.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#13deathsaber79Posted 2/20/2013 12:34:32 PM
They hate making money.

But don't worry, Final Fantasy: Lighning Returns DLC for the true final ending soon to be announced.
#14pokemon_45_79_1Posted 2/20/2013 12:36:00 PM
From: deathsaber79 | Posted: 2/20/2013 11:34:32 AM | #013
They hate making money.

But don't worry, Final Fantasy: Lighning Returns DLC for the true final ending soon to be announced.

I am sure just look at XIII-2 eleven pieces of DLC for it.
---
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#15KOTRsssPosted 2/20/2013 12:36:56 PM
Versus XIII is not a trump card at all. Console sales suck in Japan. The only reason FFXIII sold as well as it did was because it was released on both 360 and PS3 worldwide.

A more resource intensive game that is only available for PS3 is not going to make them more money. Period.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#16ValorZraykPosted 2/20/2013 12:41:44 PM(edited)
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
Wut is wrong with Square-Enix? Finally they have a game that looks exciting enough to bring them back to their pinnacle ages of FF7 and FFX.... seriously this game looks AMAZING, 10/10, definitely an AAA title that can took the best out of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy and combined it into a potentially epic masterpiece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ7MwTXYLpg

But unfortunately, SE will just disregard this game and make FF13-3 that no one cares about. I'm 90% sure this game is gonna be cancelled..... because SE doesn't understand what good games are anymore, and they definitely do NOT want to please their fans, they will do the opposite of that their fans want... like no FF7 remake. Too bad, I wish I at LEAST got my hands on the beta that they used in the trailer..... still looks amazing.

Keep dreaming that it will be released on PS4.... it won't even be the same game anymore... they'll probably turn it into another MMO RPG... because they know we love that stuff

1) People care about 13-3, 13-2 sold three million copies.
2) FF14 is slowing Versus down, if anything the 13 saga is helping bring Versus here faster. For whatever reason SE decide to make the three 13 games in the order 13>Type-0>Versus. Around the same time that Type-0 came out FF14 came out and bombed, which was unfortunate cause that was going to be Square's cash flow for the next ten years (FF11 is the most profitable FF ever). They shifted Versus's team over to fixing FF14, but in the mean time they need money. So, they made two sequels to 13 to hold them over to Versus's release. Sequels are cheap and easy to make and generate a large profit. SE needs 13-2's profits to make Versus.
3) Yes SE wants to please their fans. Just because they are not doing what you personally want, doesn't mean that they are not trying to please fans. The world doesn't revolve around you.
4) I know this might surprise you, but people want SE to actually make new games (a big part of the complaints about 13-2/13-3). A lot of people don't want SE to just release remake after remake.

pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
They hate making money.

They've already said that LR won't have DLC.
---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>13>7>12>4>1>2>10-2
#17xyxrxuxafraidx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 12:50:32 PM
^ Good thing FF14 bombed.... cuz no one wants to replace an epic JRPG for a MMO RPG... why don't they just release that game with a different title instead of "Final Fantasy 14"

If SE needs money then why not just work on FF Versus 13 instead of the FF13 spinoffs? Why not just make FF14 a regular FF game, people obviously don't care as much for MMOs. Why not make a remake of FF7? They already know how much demand there is for a FF7 remake, they even admitted it's their best game they have created.

jarrixi posted...
although rumors are once again that versus would be shown tonight at the conference since Nomura is attending along with some of SE staff.

This post made my penis hard. Thank you.

Haha this.... boner achieved
---
METAL GEAR SOLID | HEAVY RAIN | FF7 | RE | ZOE | SF /fanboy
#18pokemon_45_79_1Posted 2/20/2013 12:51:46 PM
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
Wut is wrong with Square-Enix? Finally they have a game that looks exciting enough to bring them back to their pinnacle ages of FF7 and FFX.... seriously this game looks AMAZING, 10/10, definitely an AAA title that can took the best out of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy and combined it into a potentially epic masterpiece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ7MwTXYLpg

But unfortunately, SE will just disregard this game and make FF13-3 that no one cares about. I'm 90% sure this game is gonna be cancelled..... because SE doesn't understand what good games are anymore, and they definitely do NOT want to please their fans, they will do the opposite of that their fans want... like no FF7 remake. Too bad, I wish I at LEAST got my hands on the beta that they used in the trailer..... still looks amazing.

Keep dreaming that it will be released on PS4.... it won't even be the same game anymore... they'll probably turn it into another MMO RPG... because they know we love that stuff

1) People care about 13-3, 13-2 sold three million copies.
2) FF14 is slowing Versus down, if anything the 13 saga is helping bring Versus here faster. For whatever reason SE decide to make the three 13 games in the order 13>Type-0>Versus. Around the same time that Type-0 came out FF14 came out and bombed, which was unfortunate cause that was going to be Square's cash flow for the next ten years (FF11 is the most profitable FF ever). They shifted Versus's team over to fixing FF14, but in the mean time they need money. So, they made two sequels to 13 to hold them over to Versus's release. Sequels are cheap and easy to make and generate a large profit. SE needs 13-2's profits to make Versus.
3) Yes SE wants to please their fans. Just because they are not doing what you personally want, doesn't mean that they are not trying to please fans. The world doesn't revolve around you.
4) I know this might surprise you, but people want SE to actually make new games (a big part of the complaints about 13-2/13-3). A lot of people don't want SE to just release remake after remake.

They hate making money.

They've already said that LR won't have DLC.
---

To last point I will believe it when I see it, knowing SE they will given there track record.
---
#19chinsyghttPosted 2/20/2013 12:53:19 PM
I have a strong feeling that they've contracted Sony to have it released as a bundle with the PS4.
---
PSN: KUh_R3m
#20ValorZraykPosted 2/20/2013 1:04:43 PM
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
^ Good thing FF14 bombed.... cuz no one wants to replace an epic JRPG for a MMO RPG... why don't they just release that game with a different title instead of "Final Fantasy 14"

If SE needs money then why not just work on FF Versus 13 instead of the FF13 spinoffs? Why not just make FF14 a regular FF game, people obviously don't care as much for MMOs. Why not make a remake of FF7? They already know how much demand there is for a FF7 remake, they even admitted it's their best game they have created.

1) There are people that like MMO's (I'm not one of them). Just because you don't like something doesn't mean other people don't like it.
2) They called it FF14, because it will sell a lot more if it has 'Final Fantasy' in the title.
3) It's a lot cheaper quicker and easier to make a sequel (13-2/13-3) compared to a whole new game (Versus). As a result of FF14's failure they need money guaranteed money now, which means they need to make sequels (and iOS games) to stay in business. They didn't have the resources to make Versus, so they made 13-2 which game them the resources to make Versus.
4) Again, people want SE to make new games (part of the complaints about 13-2/13-3).
---