This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final fantasy 8 or 9?

#31luigi13579Posted 2/20/2013 8:58:13 AM
Yeah its been a while. I refined when possible, but eearly on drawing is all you had if I remember correctly

That is true. Your GFs need to actually learn the various refining abilities first. You can get the basic ones almost straight away if you select them to learn though.
#32ninjarauiPosted 2/20/2013 8:59:26 AM
luigi13579 posted...
Yeah its been a while. I refined when possible, but eearly on drawing is all you had if I remember correctly

That is true. Your GFs need to actually learn the various refining abilities first. You can get the basic ones almost straight away if you select them to learn though.

Yes Now it is coming back to me.
#33Willie_MakeitPosted 2/20/2013 9:15:36 AM
Laventor posted...
Willie_Makeit posted...

FF9 is 14 hours? Lol. Did you even play the game?

Technically you can beat FF9 in under 12 hours, hence the Excalibur II 'challenge'. If you need to ask someone if they played it by asking what you did then I have to ask whether you have played it yourself.

If you're out to get everything though (well everything but Excalibur II), there's a lot more hours in it.

Either way, they're both great games. It's hard to really pick one between these, I'd personally get both if I didn't have them already

Yeah, in fact I'm playing it right now off and on. I'll tell you that it's been a lot longer than 14 hours and I just recently got to the second disk. I do a lot of grinding and sidequests though, so that might be a factor. I don't just speed run through these games. I take my time and enjoy them.
---
Sig.
#34NineSkiysPosted 2/20/2013 9:18:21 AM
You don't even need to draw magic in ff8, just get the card abilities on Quezacolt and refine all the magics you need. Heck I got 100 Tornadoes before leaving to dollet and one shot everything, it was purdy funny.
---
It's not the great who are strong, It's the strong who are great!
#35XenobowPosted 2/20/2013 9:23:47 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>