This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Space is an underrated series

#1merc1231Posted 2/20/2013 1:16:08 PM
You always hear talks about ME series, COD series, Uncharted etc and how they are the pinnacle of this generation.

I have to say you need to include Dead Space series as well. The game is so polished, story is well-written (IMO better than Uncharted), the chapters are well done. And the horror is top-notch.

I too was skeptical of Dead Space. I thought it was a typical shooter (i hate mindless shooters), but i tried Dead Space 2 out cause I was bored and i became hooked instantly. I always enjoyed good scares, i've played horror games since Silent Hill and te Dead Space series is on par when compared to other survival horror games.

Every generation has one of those severely underrated series that go under the radar. Dead Space is one of those titles. EA and Visceral Dead Space series will go down as classics.
#2zyrax2301Posted 2/20/2013 1:17:12 PM
Have you played Dead Space 3 yet?
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3TheBonfiniPosted 2/20/2013 1:18:05 PM
Deadspace is an amazing franchise and I hope they continue with it on the next gen consoles.

I never got the impression it was under rated though.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#4Crimson SkysPosted 2/20/2013 1:18:25 PM
zyrax2301 posted...

This. The first game is great but the series as a whole isn't that amazing.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#5SythisTaruPosted 2/20/2013 1:18:37 PM
zyrax2301 posted...

Yes and it's amazing. Not as good as the second, but I like it more than the first.
#6phacesPosted 2/20/2013 1:18:41 PM
Underrated =/= Sleeper Hit

Dead Space is right where it should be.
#7nihilist212Posted 2/20/2013 1:19:04 PM
You say series, but only mention that you played 2. What about 1 or 3?
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#8SCStunner316Posted 2/20/2013 1:19:35 PM
Outside of the "internet", I feel Mass Effect is horribly underrated. I don't know many people in real life that play those games, but even less people I know play Dead Space. I know about 4-5 people who play Mass Effect, but only one other person play Dead Space. That person got me into the series. I agree, DS is one of the more underrated series and I think people crapped all over it because "oh noez EA".
---
Last.FM: http://www.last.fm/user/BBFootBallr54
Twitter: @IAmBPBurke
#9gudamanPosted 2/20/2013 1:20:07 PM
I've been saying this for ages but then again I was also holding it against the xbox 360 library.

Dead space is a great series and I'm excited to see:

A: HOW EA MANAGES TO MANGLE IT
B:Where the story will go from the end of DS3

Either way I've greatly enjoyed several runs of the 3rd games sp campaign and just do the co-op to help out now.
---
gt: gudaman / PSN: OvaryPuncher9000
I'm open to pretty much any game you wanna play as long as I own it.
#10killakPosted 2/20/2013 1:20:19 PM
Deadspace is an amazing franchise and I hope they continue with it on the next gen consoles.

I never got the impression it was under rated though.

This. It's a highly rated series
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*