This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Space is an underrated series

#11merc1231(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 1:28:05 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Have you played Dead Space 3 yet?

LOVED it.

Finished it 20 hours on Normal. Amazing game. First 12 chapters was mix of Dead Space 1 and 2. Then the action takes over.

I can't believe the gameplay was that long. 20 hours in this day and age. Plus I haven't played co-op yet or finished all the side missions. So i'm gonna invest a lot more time after my exams are over
#12JackalPosted 2/20/2013 1:37:38 PM
Even with the frustrating changes I still like this series. There are also some new and good changes that I thought weren't going to turn out well like the new weapon systems.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#13SaQu1BPosted 2/20/2013 1:39:42 PM(edited)
Dead Space 1 was amazing b/c it was survival horror.. now they turned into an action game (with less horror content)
#14JoveHackPosted 2/20/2013 1:40:39 PM
For counterpoint, Yahtzee Croshaw savaged Dead Space 3 today in his Zero Punctuation show.

Well, actually he was just pointlessly negative. I was disappointed. Usually he manages to make some good points when criticizing Survival Horror games, but this seemed a bit too much like pointless, unentertaining complaints.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#15shawnmckPosted 2/20/2013 1:41:48 PM
killak posted...
Deadspace is an amazing franchise and I hope they continue with it on the next gen consoles.

I never got the impression it was under rated though.

This. It's a highly rated series

^ Same here.
Its a great franchise, and I hope there is a sequel.
haters gonna hate.
#16shawnmckPosted 2/20/2013 1:43:50 PM
SaQu1B posted...
Dead Space 1 was amazing b/c it was survival horror.. now they turned into an action game (with less horror content)

^ You obviously never played the full game...and probably base your opinion of DS3 on the demo.

Dead Space 3 is 92% like Dead Space 2, and maybe 8% is like the demo.