This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

giving up chasing first ever platinum

#1synch22Posted 2/20/2013 5:59:18 PM
I have HD my ps3 for years 60gb phat. I rarely game but got hooked on re5 via ps plus. After 40 hrs And only 6 ch left on pro I am ready to give up.
How did you guys keep on the path. I can't stand dying over and over playing a boss for an hour and still not finishing.

I am stuck on the 3-3 boss. What's a guy to do. I need to beat 6 ch on pro, get the treasures, emblems and farm to upgrade all guns. How close am I or is that still 15+ hrs of play? I would also need to S every level as I see I have not s one yet.
BTW after this I will never attempt to platinum but feel as if I am close.
#2nickizgr8Posted 2/20/2013 6:00:37 PM
Resident evil 5 is a very easy platinum. You shouldn't force yourself if your not having fun. If you're trying to impress someone a platinum for resident evil 5 wont do it.
#3JonnyZPosted 2/20/2013 6:02:35 PM
RE5 was my first platinum ever. And honestly, it was not really that hard in comparison to some of the others I've achieved. You just have to keep at it, and keep looking for tricks.
For example, I know the "get S rank on all missions" trophy can be earned entirely in easy mode, which is super helpful. The professional missions were definitely the hardest part, but be sure to check youtube for professional runs, there are a lot of tricks in the game I would have never known about had I not checked.
---
PSN: ErikJon
WKC:IE ID = Jonny
#4synch22(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 6:03:10 PM
Its more of I want that 1 next to platinum just because. No reason like I said I uses to only play sports games could care leas but suddenly I want it and logged 40 hrs so far. Unheard of for me.... I've not put in 40 hrs over 6 months at times on the ps3.
#5Soggy13Posted 2/20/2013 6:06:02 PM
you could just platinum some easy to platinum games if you really want to. For example God of War and God of War 2 are easy to plat also there's Jak and Daxter for 8 bucks.
---
Posted using GameFlux
PSN/Live MassacredOne
#6hotwheeler89Posted 2/20/2013 6:09:15 PM
If you have 2 controllers then have someone help you out. Its better because the AI doesn't focus on the tentacle stuff that comes out of his back. With 2 people you can kill him in 2 of those scenarios. Its difficult to survive long enough for a 3rd time.
---
"Why is it our job to save everyone? Haven't we done enough?"
#7synch22(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 12:20:16 PM
Down but not out, beat him after get this 70 deaths...lol I wanna throw up.

Anyway extended my PS+ foranother year ago I have time, I was trying to get it all done before next week pa+ expired but what the heck. Wish me luck.
#8BurgerTime79Posted 2/21/2013 1:23:29 PM
I played as Sheva using an unlimited ammo magnum, and gave Chris the chaingun. That's how I got through the entirety of professional.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#9rahmed51387Posted 2/21/2013 3:31:21 PM
synch22 posted...
I have HD my ps3 for years 60gb phat. I rarely game but got hooked on re5 via ps plus. After 40 hrs And only 6 ch left on pro I am ready to give up.
How did you guys keep on the path. I can't stand dying over and over playing a boss for an hour and still not finishing.

I am stuck on the 3-3 boss. What's a guy to do. I need to beat 6 ch on pro, get the treasures, emblems and farm to upgrade all guns. How close am I or is that still 15+ hrs of play? I would also need to S every level as I see I have not s one yet.
BTW after this I will never attempt to platinum but feel as if I am close.

Is this Ndesu (the huge giant that chucks trees, rocks, and stomps the jeep)? He actually has a telegraphed and repeatable pattern. The main key here is to make sure you don't overheat your gun, and pay attention to when you have the guys shooting arrows and molotovs against you from the side. I'd have to play it again to remember the cues,but once I got them down, I could take him fairly easily solo.

Treasures and emblems are listed, just match descriptions and you can get them by chapter selecting the ones that contain the treasures and emblems you need. If you can beat the game on Pro or have only one chapter, you can S the easier difficulties pretty easily.

My recommendation would be to start S-ranking a lower difficulty now, and when you get to Ndesu, study his pattern there. It doesn't change in the higher ones, he's essentially a huge bullet sponge. Once you get that down, this game won't be more than 15+ hours.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#10synch22(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 4:05:35 PM
Beat nedsu he was tough too. The 70 deaths were on the boat battle boss in the water. Now moving on , we will see how it goes.