This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No BC=no buy.

#51CooperRCPosted 2/21/2013 4:55:35 AM
calhoun1389 posted...
PC is backwards compatible.

How can a platform be backwards compatible with itself?

There is a greater difference between the first PC and a modern day PC then there is between a PS1 and PS4.
#52Pharsti01Posted 2/21/2013 5:04:25 AM
Makes sense, i mean.... why would i get a ps4 if it doesnt play ps3, ps2 or psone games?

What is the point of it, not like i want ps4 games!

Yes, im being sarcastic, look, get used to it, they dont want you to be able to play your previous games on a new system without having to give them money, its that simple.

Do i agree with it? Hell no, up theirs.

But... do i care? Not really, i own a psx, i own a ps2, i own a ps3.... whenever i want to play something, i always can. Stop selling your hardware and complaining the new one wont let you play the old stuff.... either that or be a moron and keep paying them for stuff you already own, which is what they want, and what they have been doing during the ps3 era all along.
#53stawg007Posted 2/21/2013 5:11:19 AM
Thor61 posted...
sin_shenron posted...
flame030191 posted...
The solution is simple. Keep your PS2, keep your PS3, buy a PS4. Then you dont miss out on anything at all.

yes we have infinite space in our game room also good luck if one of these fails and you have nothing to replace them with in few years

That sounds like a personal problem

I'd say it's a problem many people share
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#54BambooPandamoPosted 2/21/2013 7:38:46 AM
justchill433 posted...

LOL no. Try playing your older games on Windows 7. It was a pain in the *** to get KOTOR to work on windows 7 and even after hours of googling and troubleshooting, the game plays iffy at best.

Again, you were an idiot if you believed the PS4 would be BC with the PS3. Just wait till there's a PS3 emulator.

One, shut the hell up.

Two, PC has and always been BC. Since you've mentioned one example, let me give mine as well, it took me less than 5 minutes to Google a fix to make Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Vampire Masquerade compatible with Windows 7. Boooho.

Three, only a viral marketer would defend this anti-consumer action. But the best part is that the PS4 will be the only non-backwards compatible console going into next-gen.

Congratulations on that viral.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/ChibiMrBubbles.png
http://steamcommunity.com/id/MisterBubbles
#55BambooPandamoPosted 2/21/2013 7:41:11 AM
flame030191 posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
lack of BC with discs is one thing, but not even for PSN game, this is just awful.

Im betting they will transfer to GaiKai.

While possible, i doubt Sony would slap everyone in the face by not allowing the hundreds, or sometimes thousands, of dollars we spent on PS Store to work on their new console at all, especially after giving most members free PSN credit. That would be like showing a kid a lillipop, letting them hold it, then snatching it away.

lol

It's the morning after the night before, and we're here at Sony's follow-up meeting to answer questions concerning the PlayStation 4. Shuhei Yoshida, President of Sony's Worldwide Studios for Sony Computer Entertainment Inc has just confirmed that, like for PS3 games, PSN titles won't be transferrable to the PlayStation 4.

What gave you the idea that digital PS3 games would be playable if physical games wouldn't? Tell me the idea behind that again, please? That somehow with the Cell processor missing, games programmed to use it would still be playable because they are "digital".
---
#56flame030191Posted 2/21/2013 7:45:17 AM
stawg007 posted...
Thor61 posted...
sin_shenron posted...
flame030191 posted...
The solution is simple. Keep your PS2, keep your PS3, buy a PS4. Then you dont miss out on anything at all.

yes we have infinite space in our game room also good luck if one of these fails and you have nothing to replace them with in few years

That sounds like a personal problem

I'd say it's a problem many people share

If it is a problem that you cant fit a system that most likely wont be longer or wider than a fit anywhere in your house, then lack of BC isnt the only problem you have.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#57Roddy_DPosted 2/21/2013 7:46:14 AM
I thought during the show someone said you would be able to stream old games using Gaikai?
---
PSN: RoddieDee
#58danny_S_06Posted 2/21/2013 7:46:35 AM
ITT: PS3 breaks as soon as you buy a PS4.
---
PSN: CaptainSellers (UK)
#59flame030191Posted 2/21/2013 7:48:42 AM
Im still wondering why "the FUTURE of PlayStation" should be required to play everything for the PAST consoles...
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#60BambooPandamoPosted 2/21/2013 7:49:55 AM
flame030191 posted...
BambooPandamo posted...
flame030191 posted...

WiiU is backwards compatible.
PS3 is backwards compatible.
PS2 is backwards compatible.
Wii is backwards compatible.
720 will likely be backwards compatible.

Ps4 is the only non backwards compatible modern Playstation console.

Enjoy your job at Sony PR trying to damage control this you disgusting viral marketer.

Stream games through GaiKai, keep your old systems, or quit gaming.

Nintendo 64 didnt have BC
DSi/3DS doesnt have BC
Sega Saturn didnt have BC
Dreamcast didnt have BC
SNES didnt have BC
Theres even a Wii without BC.

Nobody complained for any of these.

lol

This guy, working overtime for sweet delicious Sony PR pay? 3DS is backwards compatible and it's because it's a MODERN handheld, thanks for telling us about consoles in the past that didn't have standard features like BC today.

You showed me mate.
---