This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate on FFXIII but love FFX when...

#1Dryheave999Posted 2/20/2013 10:20:23 PM
FFX was the original hallway desecration of the final fantasy franchise....I was heartbroken back then but had time to grieve and recover, and FFXIII is a great game...

Explain yourselves FFX lovers who hate FFXIII....and no, blitzball is not a valid reason...
---
"on than this day are or said to add content a great pain, but is other then in play" - englishman88
#2mmpepsiPosted 2/20/2013 10:22:06 PM
Double standards.

Also FFX is garbage compared to XIII.

XIII has a far superior battle system and better characters.
#3RayconPosted 2/20/2013 10:22:15 PM
FFX had plenty of content to mask it's linearity. Even at the end of the game, there was tons of stuff to do.

FFXIII had... Adamantium farming.

= /
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#4kamikaze135Posted 2/20/2013 10:22:20 PM
Both games are great
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#5Zora_PrincePosted 2/20/2013 10:22:24 PM
Because despite being linear, it had good pacing, a great story, a great battle system, likable characters, and towns and mini-games to enjoy along the way. Final Fantasy XIII's story was mediocre and underdeveloped, the world was lifeless, the art direction was dull, and there were no breaks from the endless battles.
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#6ThamauturgePosted 2/20/2013 10:22:36 PM
They are both horrid. X at least has fun combat, but that is it. The only other good things to come out of it were Jecht and Auron.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#7Juvart24Posted 2/20/2013 10:30:08 PM
10 sucked but it was less suck then XIII
---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
GT: Juvart24
#8mmpepsiPosted 2/20/2013 10:31:29 PM
Thamauturge posted...
They are both horrid. X at least has fun combat, but that is it. The only other good things to come out of it were Jecht and Auron.

Auron is one of the most generic characters ever.

Guy with a sword who barely talks? Sooooo original.
#9TehAssasinPosted 2/20/2013 10:36:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10The_BonesPosted 2/20/2013 10:36:18 PM
Raycon posted...
FFX had plenty of content to mask it's linearity. Even at the end of the game, there was tons of stuff to do.

FFXIII had... Adamantium farming.

= /

This. FFXIII really took the linearity further with things like not allowing you to backtrack. Also the setting of FFX is better developed and felt more like an actual world. I also found the battle system and soundtrack to be a lot better in FFX and also liked the story and characters better as well. There are a lot of reason why I like FFX and dislike FFXIII but I think when it comes down to it the simplest explanation I can give is that even though FFX didn't have a world map like previous games everything else about it still felt like a FF game whereas FFXIII didn't feel like one. Of course FFXIII failing in other departments as an rpg didn't help either.